Militant Siege Broken

Lets hope so. Where are the Europeans to play a military role in crushing ISIS? Where is the United Nations peace keeping force? Both conspicuously absent from the problems in Iraq.

Lets hope so. Where are the Europeans to play a military role in crushing ISIS? Where is the United Nations peace keeping force? Both conspicuously absent from the problems in Iraq.

Well, European powers including France (yeah .... FRANCE) and Germany are assisting.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5109b59e-22c1-11e4-8dae-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3AOtBS0dC

You know you're in deep shit, when the French march in, the British start cooking, or the Germans start singing...

Last edited:

Well, European powers including France (yeah .... FRANCE) and Germany are assisting.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5109b59e-22c1-11e4-8dae-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3AOtBS0dC

You know you're in deep shit, when the French march in, the British start cooking, or the Germans start singing...

Well, we will see how it works out. Apparently the U.S. is committed to providing the air cover and as few boots as possible. But I expect that number (U.S. boots on the ground) to steadily increase.

Well, we will see how it works out. Apparently the U.S. is committed to providing the air cover and as few boots as possible. But I expect that number (U.S. boots on the ground) to steadily increase.
Wouldn't shock me. It's a place only a strongman can hold together, since it was never supposed to be together in the first damn place. Split it in three, tell the minority religions to hit the road, and be done with it.

I'm glad the U.S. took a leadership role in getting this done.

But I don't want to see us send a lot of our kids over their to die in an effort to "stabalize" a region that has never - and probably will never - be stable.

Last edited:
Where is the United Nations peace keeping force?

The UN's probably still busy condeming Israel for defending itself.

I think the UN is getting ready to tackle a real problem of international concern in Ferguson. Restoring peace in the middle east is not so important when UN could use those sources to disrupt peace in America. They would love to get a foot in that door.

Seems clear to me that our last two presidents have failed with their Iraq policy.
So NOW we know a couple of approaches that won't work.

So the humanitarian crisis on Mount Sinjar seems to be turning for the better.
Is this a good thing? Do you approve?

Obama says militant siege broken ? but Iraq mission not over yet | Fox News

If true yes but the situation is still highly dangerous.

Yes, still dangerous. But then again - when was the last time it was really safe?

The Kurdish region had been safe for a pretty long time.

Forum List

Back