Mike Tyson instead of Chris Rock.....would it be different?

Joke on the net today....
It's a rough one so brave yourself.

Jayda:. Will....I'm still not impressed....Snoop would have shot him!

Jo
I think Jada shamed him into charging the stage.
Will Smith laughed when the joke was told and then seconds later was irate.
Jada must have given him some serious Stink Eye for not defending her honor

Since the Smiths have spoken publicly about having an open marriage, I am wondering if maybe Rock and Mrs Smith had a thing, they broke it off, and he picked on her bald head. MR Smith was aware of it and decided it was time for some payback, because he was laughing until SHE murmured something to him, gave him the stink eye, and THEN he got up to show his machoism and slapped Rock.
Yeah I'm getting the feeling of bruised ego here.

I think Jada shamed him into charging the stage.
Will Smith laughed when the joke was told and then seconds later was irate.
Jada must have given him some serious Stink Eye for not defending her honor
Or she confessed....

Will Smith did a pretty damn good job in the Ali movie....he had to train like a dog for months and worked with boxing coaches to make some effort to approximate the style of the greatest fighter in the history of the sport. Suffice it to say when he was done he was in good physical condition and his right hand probably picked up some serious steam compared to what it had before that.

Chris Rock on the other hand is no physical specimen by any stretch of the imagination. I don't say that he is not physically capable but the physical match up between the two just does not exist. Smith is a pretty good sized guy...Chris Rock has always been a bit on the diminutive side....

So when the Neanderthal urges kicked in the other night ( trust me I get it...have some sympathy for Smit here ) Smith didn't have to do too much pre-calculating to determine that he could most likely do what he did with impunity.... Rock was never any danger to strike back. He could mount the stage and do the MAN WAL:K over to Chris without even a second's thought as to whether or not he would dominate the situation.

So you have to wonder if it would all be the same if it was Mike Tyson up on the Stage doing the Stand up....whaddya think? Personally I don't know one way or another.... I'm thinking that Smith would still get away with it because Tyson would be afraid to kill him with one punch....but then again who knows?

JO
I'm not convinced it wasn't a well-choreographed set up. Smith walked across the stage--what did Chris Rock think he was going to do? Smith also really telegraphed that open-handed bitch slap and Chris Rock reacted as if he was in a wild west barroom brawl. Just seemed too pat. Also, I didn't see any law enforcement response, after all, Smith did commit assault and battery.

I'm not convinced it wasn't a well-choreographed set up. Smith walked across the stage--what did Chris Rock think he was going to do? Smith also really telegraphed that open-handed bitch slap and Chris Rock reacted as if he was in a wild west barroom brawl. Just seemed too pat. Also, I didn't see any law enforcement response, after all, Smith did commit assault and battery.
A definite possibility...

Will Smith did a pretty damn good job in the Ali movie....he had to train like a dog for months and worked with boxing coaches to make some effort to approximate the style of the greatest fighter in the history of the sport. Suffice it to say when he was done he was in good physical condition and his right hand probably picked up some serious steam compared to what it had before that.

Chris Rock on the other hand is no physical specimen by any stretch of the imagination. I don't say that he is not physically capable but the physical match up between the two just does not exist. Smith is a pretty good sized guy...Chris Rock has always been a bit on the diminutive side....

So when the Neanderthal urges kicked in the other night ( trust me I get it...have some sympathy for Smit here ) Smith didn't have to do too much pre-calculating to determine that he could most likely do what he did with impunity.... Rock was never any danger to strike back. He could mount the stage and do the MAN WAL:K over to Chris without even a second's thought as to whether or not he would dominate the situation.

So you have to wonder if it would all be the same if it was Mike Tyson up on the Stage doing the Stand up....whaddya think? Personally I don't know one way or another.... I'm thinking that Smith would still get away with it because Tyson would be afraid to kill him with one punch....but then again who knows?

JO

In hockey, tough guys don't fight little guys or skill players. Sometimes a pest will get yappy, but someone in his weight class will traditionally step in to deal with it or the heavyweight will wave him off.

That said, if a little guy really poses a threat or pushes a bigger guy to fight, be it in hockey or real life, he may get his wish. Rock is a comedian, he's not there to fight, he's going to entertain at the guests expense.

No doubt, if Tyson was up there, I highly doubt Smith would have stepped up to him. That says something about himself and if he defended her honor, he tarnished his own reputation.

If it were Tyson or anyone of equal stature to smith he wouldn't even have opened his mouth. He is just a bully picking on a guy smaller than him.

I hope his wife takes a couple extra loads tonight while will just sits on the couch watching TV as his wife emasculates him. That whole family is fucked up though.

The Academy Awards is a TV show that is really about selling TV commercials.
I think that they even pay the actors to be in the studio audience.
It's not really about good movies and good actors anymore.
They have given awards to bad movies and lousy actors in the past.
They even gave Marisa Tomei an award for My Cousin Vinny in 1992, that was a real stinker LOL

I was with you until you said My Cousin Vinny was a stinker. That's one of the most quotable comedy movies of the 90s.

I was with you until you said My Cousin Vinny was a stinker. That's one of the most quotable comedy movies of the 90s.
Cousin Vinny was a great comedy and Tomei deserved her award

Actress in a Supporting Role
  • Marisa Tomei. My Cousin Vinny.
  • Judy Davis. Husbands and Wives.
  • Joan Plowright. Enchanted April.
  • Vanessa Redgrave. Howards End.
  • Miranda Richardson. Damage.

Last edited:
He can get away with acts like this because he is part of the'' privileged elite''.

I can’t believe they didn’t kick Will Smith out on his ass.
If it was a Basketball Game or Baseball Game and you slapped someone like that, you would be ejected.

He should not have been allowed to get up and accept his award. They should have just read his name

no Tyson wouldnt have let the incident go without punching back .... his instinctive nature would have kicked in instantly without him even thinking ... Smith would be out on the floor before he or Tyson knew what hit him ...and Smith would never ever have tried that with Tyson ..selective machismo isnt machismo at all .

So when the Neanderthal urges kicked in the other night ( trust me I get it...have some sympathy for Smith here ) Smith didn't have to do too much pre-calculating to determine that he could most likely do what he did with impunity.... Rock was never any danger to strike back. He could mount the stage and do the MAN WAL:K over to Chris without even a second's thought as to whether or not he would dominate the situation.

JO
If it was me I wouldn't of hit him with an open hand, I would of went for the knock out. That's why I think this might have been a scripted scene. Oscars ratings have been down for years so it wouldn't surprise me if I was right on this issue.

I can’t believe they didn’t kick Will Smith out on his ass.
If it was a Basketball Game or Baseball Game and you slapped someone like that, you would be ejected.

He should not have been allowed to get up and accept his award. They should have just read his name
Exxxxxxactly.

Greg Kelly's expression is priceless. Here we have Hollywood issuing a statement condemning violence. You have to appreciate the hollowness of this coming from an industry that literally thrives on dramatizing violence of every form. LOL

20220328_191556.jpg

Forum List

Back