Mike Rowe gives an EPIC civics lesson

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Few people say it better than Mike Rowe. If we were going to have a tv celebrity in the White House - this guy would be 10,000x's better than Donald Trump...

"Spend a few hours every week studying American history, human nature, and economic theory. Start with “Economics in One Lesson.” Then try Keynes. Then Hayek. Then Marx. Then Hegel. Develop a worldview that you can articulate as well as defend. Test your theory with people who disagree with you. Debate. Argue. Adjust your philosophy as necessary. Then, when the next election comes around, cast a vote for the candidate whose worldview seems most in line with your own."

Rowe added a reminder that “there’s nothing virtuous or patriotic about voting just for the sake of voting, and the next time someone tells you otherwise, do me a favor — ask them who they’re voting for. Then tell them you’re voting for their opponent. Then, see if they’ll give you a ride to the polls.”

Mike Rowe Delivers Some ‘Undeniable Reality’ About Celebrities Who Urge ‘the Masses’ to Get Out and Vote

Why on Earth would anybody urge people in the world's foremost democracy to get out and vote.

Why on Earth would anybody urge people sitting in a library to get up and read a book.

hqdefault.jpg

But make sure you stay ignorant about the issues.

Stupid ass left wing sheep

I like Mike Rowe's opinion but what's great about America everybody is entitled to their own. I'd offer a ride to the polls to somebody who disagrees with my political choices. It's not like I'm expecting any of these folks to do something for me.

Why on Earth would anybody urge people in the world's foremost democracy to get out and vote.

Why on Earth would anybody urge people sitting in a library to get up and read a book.
There are a several reasons. For one - each side believes they can only lose by a lack of their voter base showing up at the polls so they preach it ad nauseam. For another, we have one of the most pitiful voting turnouts globally. It really is embarrassing for a nation that was one of the pioneers of a republic has 53% voter turnout. I think Iraq has had something like a 78% turnout.

I like Mike Rowe, he should give lessons on how to be a conservative without being a dick.

I like Mike Rowe, he should give lessons on how to be a conservative without being a dick.
If only we could find a liberal that wasn't a dick! But that's kind of like searching for a rainbow colored unicorn.
There's one right here. If I have been rude to you it is because you went off-topic and resorted to personal attacks, otherwise I enjoy a good rational discussion with someone who can stick to the topic at hand no matter their opinion.

Forum List

Back