Mike Pompeo is not doing himself any good

He hasn't done one thing wrong....not one...he does not have to obey ridiculous requests from Congress...Like the state dept employees not being able to bring white house or state dept council with them to the hearing...that is stupid...

Congress is co equal. They have authority for oversight. It is part of the constitutional system of checks and balances.

I thought you guys knew that.
Congress does not have the right to interrogate State Dept employees without Whitehouse or State Dept counsel present. Only douchebags would make such a demand.

They have a right to subpoena. Period.
The more partisan Pelosi keeps this the less chance it will be that it even gets passed the house let alone the senate...sure she can exclude the house republicans and keep them from subpoenaing anyone but she risks losing in her own house....we have never done an impeachment this way....both sides have always been able to participate...the people will not go for this...not this way no matter what they find....

She should hold a vote for the inquiry and if required a vote for impeachment in the full house...put their names where their pie holes are...lets see just how many dems from red states what anything to do with this....and the people will not go for some unnamed person to take down this president...he is still too popular...so the so called whistle blower had better man up and stand up or he is useless in this effort...hell we know more about the call than the whistle blower...

There will be a vote on impeachment in the house as soon as the investigations are over.

Those Dems in Red States are not going to spare their jobs like gutless Republicans sucking up to Trump! Those turds on the right won't be able to point fingers after what they did to Clinton and Obama! They never did a 10th of what Trump has done! Trump and the rest of his clowns will look like total a-holes in history after all this $#!t is sorted out! Can you say President Pence? Thank Gawd it won't happen since Republicans don't have it in them! JERKS! :102: :20: :2cents: :321:

He hasn't done one thing wrong....not one...he does not have to obey ridiculous requests from Congress...Like the state dept employees not being able to bring white house or state dept council with them to the hearing...that is stupid...

Congress is co equal. They have authority for oversight. It is part of the constitutional system of checks and balances.

But you had NO PROBLEM with Hillary escaping that oversight by setting up a private server on which to conduct the people's business. Total hypocrite.

Congress does not have the right to interrogate State Dept employees without Whitehouse or State Dept counsel present. Only douchebags would make such a demand.

The more partisan Pelosi keeps this the less chance it will be that it even gets passed the house let alone the senate...sure she can exclude the house republicans and keep them from subpoenaing anyone but she risks losing in her own house....we have never done an impeachment this way....both sides have always been able to participate...the people will not go for this...not this way no matter what they find....

She should hold a vote for the inquiry and if required a vote for impeachment in the full house...put their names where their pie holes are...lets see just how many dems from red states what anything to do with this....and the people will not go for some unnamed person to take down this president...he is still too popular...so the so called whistle blower had better man up and stand up or he is useless in this effort...hell we know more about the call than the whistle blower...

There will be a vote on impeachment in the house as soon as the investigations are over.
The way its been done before is to have a vote to do the inquiry so both sides can debate the issue and call witnesses and subpoena records...right now the GOP is locked out of the issue and this can go on till next election if she wants...people see the unfairness in this just like in the Russia collusion coup attempt....so by all means....proceed....

You mean like the minority was locked out through all those Benhgazi hearings, and all those investigations about Clinton's server?

Mike Pompeo is an honorable men and a patriot. In 1986, Pompeo graduated first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point, and he is a former United States Army officer, and was a member of the House of Representatives from 2011 to 2017, representing Kansas's 4th congressional district. He was director of the Central Intelligence Agency from January 2017 until April 2018. Trump nominated Pompeo as secretary of state in March 2018, with Pompeo succeeding Rex Tillerson after his dismissal.

Unfortunately, Pompeo has been tagged somewhat as a yes-man on Trump's cabinet, and he is often misleading or uncooperative with the media, often avoiding expressing what he thinks, giving political B.S. instead.

While appearing on ABC News' This Week, Pompeo was asked by Martha Raddatz about the whistleblower complaint involving the phone call in which Trump discussed the Bidens with the Ukrainian president. "What do you know about these conversations?" Raddatz asked.

"So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen," Pompeo responded

Today, Pompeo confirmed what we all knew. That he listened in on the July 25 call in which Trump pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the Bidens. That did nothing for Pompeo's credibility.

Also, we are left wondering why the state department was not concerned about a national security issue. "So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen."

Pompeo may also be losing his influence within the state department. On Tuesday he pushed back on House Democrats’ attempt to depose State Department officials as part of the ongoing impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Pompeo said he was “concerned with aspects” of House committee leaders’ requests “that can be understood only as an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”

There is no evidence that House members were bullying or treating improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State. In any case, despite Pompeo's ill-advised plea, three persons from the state department are appearing before Congress.

The state department inspector general, Steve Linnick, spoke to Congress today. Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine who resigned his post Friday after his name appeared in a whistleblower complaint about Trump's dealings with Ukraine, will testify in the House's impeachment inquiry tomorrow. The former ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, is set to appear for a deposition on Capitol Hill on Oct. 11 as part of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

Possibly Pompeo's influence at state is shot to hell.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said today he and the State Department would “try and cooperate” with Congress and its impeachment inquiry.
HAHAHA!

There it is. Right out in the open. They don’t even bother to conceal their criminality.

In a sane nation, the CIA would have never been instituted. It is time it was eliminated and all it’s senior officials investigated and prosecuted.

But you had NO PROBLEM with Hillary escaping that oversight by setting up a private server on which to conduct the people's business. Total hypocrite.
She did not escape oversight, she went through the entire investigative process as is occurring now with Trump. Who is the hypocrite?

She did not escape oversight, she went through the entire investigative process as is occurring now with Trump. Who is the hypocrite?

She did escape oversight. At least 33,000 emails were destroyed by her. And then you voted for her.

The way its been done before is to have a vote to do the inquiry so both sides can debate the issue and call witnesses and subpoena records...right now the GOP is locked out of the issue and this can go on till next election if she wants...people see the unfairness in this just like in the Russia collusion coup attempt....so by all means....proceed....

You mean like the minority was locked out through all those Benhgazi hearings, and all those investigations about Clinton's server?

So you agree that government employees should be able to do anything they want with our nation's secrets and also conduct all business on their personal emails to avoid oversight.

Wrong

Dead wrong

Pompea is bringing down the crooked deep state along with the americsn men who have judged the democrats as guilty of high treason !!

She did escape oversight. At least 33,000 emails were destroyed by her. And then you voted for her.

Yes. I sure wasn’t going to vote for the corrupt Trump empire. Did you?

And you are arguing Trump shouldn’t even be subject to oversight as Clinton was.

And you are arguing Trump shouldn’t even be subject to oversight as Clinton was.

Don't be dishonest. I never said anything about oversight on Trump.

You need to recognize and acknowledge the staggering amount of lies, crime and corruption by prominent Democrats. They're DESTROYING this country and you're supporting them. Stop, please.

So Hillary didn't have to testify for 11 straight hours? She could have told them to fuck off?

So Hillary didn't have to testify for 11 straight hours? She could have told them to fuck off?
She had a team of lawyers sitting behind her...the dems should afford the state dept. officials the same opportunity...to tell them they can't bring council with them is a disgrace and absent of any fairness...remember Hillary wanted to be president at the time...she would have sat there for two days if she thought it were necessary....

HE IS NOT CORRUPT....HE HAS NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF ANYTHING!!!!
just because you have some wild ass fucking fantasy in your little mind does not make Trump corrupt...prove your assertions or shut the fuck up.....

just because you have some wild ass fucking fantasy in your little mind does not make Trump corrupt...prove your assertions or shut the fuck up.....
So..you believe that a conviction is mandatory before passing judgement? Do you apply that same standard to Democrats? Hillary? Biden? Obama?
Epstein was never convicted..right?

Which is to say you're full of it.....and more than a little bit of a hypocrite, yourself. You pass judgement daily in these threads..without convictions in any court--and yes, Trump is corrupt...he always has been....and he always will be. Now as to whether he has broken any laws..that IS a matter for the Congress to decide via investigation and, yes, possibly an impeachment trial.

Neither has Hillary.

You need to recognize and acknowledge the staggering amount of lies, crime and corruption by prominent Democrats. They're DESTROYING this country and you're supporting them. Stop, please.
Trump is destroying this country.
With a staggering amount of lies, crime and corruption in his administration. And you support him. Stop, please.

Trump is destroying this country.
With a staggering amount of lies, crime and corruption in his administration. And you support him. Stop, please.
And other insiders including the VP and AG belong in the sewer with trump

Neither has Hillary.

We all know how fk'n hypocritical w/ plenty of "double standards" in Republican's repertoire of BS! :14:

Forum List

Back