Mike Pompeo is not doing himself any good

Asking for help with our elections to 3 foreign nations are impeachable offenses
Foreign reservations in his hotels leaving many empty paid for rooms ? The emolument clause ?? Impeachable
Someone fooling around with his tax audits ?
Afraid to have his people honor subpoenas? etc etc etc etc
Why be untruthful? Donny asked that they investigate Biden, not help with our election.

How are Donny’s actions different from Hillary asking a U.K. spy to dig dirt on Trump in Russia?
I see...you might want to look up the word 'ingenuous' --as you just stepped into a textbook use of the word.

Biden is Trump's putative #1 competition...a sitting President asking for a foreign nation to investigate a Political rival is exactly what happened....and you know this.

Of course, you don't think that anything is wrong with it..or more to the point...don't care if there is, right?

Asking for help with our elections to 3 foreign nations are impeachable offenses
Foreign reservations in his hotels leaving many empty paid for rooms ? The emolument clause ?? Impeachable
Why be untruthful? Donny asked that they investigate Biden, not help with our election.

How are Donny’s actions different from Hillary asking a U.K. spy to dig dirt on Trump in Russia?
They're different in that the Bidens are only at the top of a big barrel of corrupt scum.....That Gropey Joe is running for the DNC nomination is incidental.

Hillary and her fiction writer henchmen were in fact attempting to affect the election.
I see..that Trump is President and can make or break the Ukraine Govt. is just....incidental? He was just trying to promote a little justice...and does not stand to benefit in any way, right?As far as being a the top of a barrel of scum....Trump is the Bull gater in the swamp--and he thrives swimming in scum.

I see...you might want to look up the word 'ingenuous' --as you just stepped into a textbook use of the word.

Biden is Trump's putative #1 competition...a sitting President asking for a foreign nation to investigate a Political rival is exactly what happened....and you know this.

Of course, you don't think that anything is wrong with it..or more to the point...don't care if there is, right?
Wrong. Stop with the binary thinking.

Impeach Donny. I don’t give a shit. But remember, he asked that they investigate Biden. Yeah if they found dirt, Biden might be toast. So what? He isn’t going to get the nomination anyway.

Mike Pompeo is an honorable men and a patriot. In 1986, Pompeo graduated first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point, and he is a former United States Army officer, and was a member of the House of Representatives from 2011 to 2017, representing Kansas's 4th congressional district. He was director of the Central Intelligence Agency from January 2017 until April 2018. Trump nominated Pompeo as secretary of state in March 2018, with Pompeo succeeding Rex Tillerson after his dismissal.

Unfortunately, Pompeo has been tagged somewhat as a yes-man on Trump's cabinet, and he is often misleading or uncooperative with the media, often avoiding expressing what he thinks, giving political B.S. instead.

While appearing on ABC News' This Week, Pompeo was asked by Martha Raddatz about the whistleblower complaint involving the phone call in which Trump discussed the Bidens with the Ukrainian president. "What do you know about these conversations?" Raddatz asked.

"So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen," Pompeo responded

Today, Pompeo confirmed what we all knew. That he listened in on the July 25 call in which Trump pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the Bidens. That did nothing for Pompeo's credibility.

Also, we are left wondering why the state department was not concerned about a national security issue. "So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen."

Pompeo may also be losing his influence within the state department. On Tuesday he pushed back on House Democrats’ attempt to depose State Department officials as part of the ongoing impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Pompeo said he was “concerned with aspects” of House committee leaders’ requests “that can be understood only as an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”

There is no evidence that House members were bullying or treating improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State. In any case, despite Pompeo's ill-advised plea, three persons from the state department are appearing before Congress.

The state department inspector general, Steve Linnick, spoke to Congress today. Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine who resigned his post Friday after his name appeared in a whistleblower complaint about Trump's dealings with Ukraine, will testify in the House's impeachment inquiry tomorrow. The former ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, is set to appear for a deposition on Capitol Hill on Oct. 11 as part of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

Possibly Pompeo's influence at state is shot to hell.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said today he and the State Department would “try and cooperate” with Congress and its impeachment inquiry.
ANother media-fed clown that believes anything he likes. Prove some of your BS once in your miserable life. PS, links don't prove jack. You don't know ANYTHING about the guy you slander.

Mike Pompeo is an honorable men and a patriot. In 1986, Pompeo graduated first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point, and he is a former United States Army officer, and was a member of the House of Representatives from 2011 to 2017, representing Kansas's 4th congressional district. He was director of the Central Intelligence Agency from January 2017 until April 2018. Trump nominated Pompeo as secretary of state in March 2018, with Pompeo succeeding Rex Tillerson after his dismissal.

Unfortunately, Pompeo has been tagged somewhat as a yes-man on Trump's cabinet, and he is often misleading or uncooperative with the media, often avoiding expressing what he thinks, giving political B.S. instead.

While appearing on ABC News' This Week, Pompeo was asked by Martha Raddatz about the whistleblower complaint involving the phone call in which Trump discussed the Bidens with the Ukrainian president. "What do you know about these conversations?" Raddatz asked.

"So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen," Pompeo responded

Today, Pompeo confirmed what we all knew. That he listened in on the July 25 call in which Trump pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the Bidens. That did nothing for Pompeo's credibility.

Also, we are left wondering why the state department was not concerned about a national security issue. "So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen."

Pompeo may also be losing his influence within the state department. On Tuesday he pushed back on House Democrats’ attempt to depose State Department officials as part of the ongoing impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Pompeo said he was “concerned with aspects” of House committee leaders’ requests “that can be understood only as an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”

There is no evidence that House members were bullying or treating improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State. In any case, despite Pompeo's ill-advised plea, three persons from the state department are appearing before Congress.

The state department inspector general, Steve Linnick, spoke to Congress today. Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine who resigned his post Friday after his name appeared in a whistleblower complaint about Trump's dealings with Ukraine, will testify in the House's impeachment inquiry tomorrow. The former ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, is set to appear for a deposition on Capitol Hill on Oct. 11 as part of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said today he and the State Department would “try and cooperate” with Congress and its impeachment inquiry.
HAHAHA!

Recently, Pompeo tried to defend Trump's July 25th phone call. He is caught between a rock and a hard place, defending Trump vs. his career. He sounded pretty ridiculous.

"And America tries to advance its interests around the world,” he said, adding, "It’s totally appropriate. Right? Isn’t that right?” Pompeo asked. “Yeah, it’s totally right.”

“Nations do this,” Pompeo said. “Nations work together and they say, ‘Boy, goodness gracious, if you can help me with X, we’ll help you achieve Y.’ This is what partnerships do. It’s win-win, it’s better for each of us.”

Only trouble is Trump wasn't talking about nations. He was talking about himself.

First, he brags up what the U.S. has done for Ukraine after blocking military aid to Ukraine days before the phone call. Zelensky then says Ukraine wants to buy Javelin missiles. Trump replied, "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it."

Trump has set up the quid pro quo. First denying the military aid. Then saying how generous American can be. Then asking for a favor.

Pompeo was listening in on the phone, and he pretends he was oblivious to all this when he says, “We know exactly what we were doing there. We were trying to create a situation where it wouldn’t be a corrupt government. We wanted to make sure that they didn’t interfere in our election in 2016. (HUH?) We wanted to make sure that if we underwrote Javelin missile systems — something that the previous administration refused to do — we wanted to make sure that we were doing this with a government that was straight-up, and would use that money for the things that it said it would use that money for.”

The only problem is the only corruption Trump mentioned was corruption involving his political campaign.

Right after asking for a favor, according to the transcript sent by the White House, Trump says, "I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it."

Crowdstrike is a fallacious far right conspiracy theory suggesting Ukraine interfered in our 2016 election for the Democrats, not Russia for Trump. This is news to Americans who never heard from Ukraine during the election campaign, but Russia was deeply involved.

Crowdstrike was a rouse, a misdirection, and a common Trump tactic to hide his real purpose. Next he got down to the real purpose of the phone call.

First he tells Zelensky how his atorney general and personal lawyer can be of enormous help in the investigations. Then he says, "The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."

He then adds, "I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything."

The prosecutor was a Russian sympathizer, and the U.S., EU, and the IMF all wanted the prosecutor gone.

Crowdstrike and the Bidens were the only corrupation Trump mentioned.

We know exactly what we were doing there. We were trying to create a situation where it wouldn’t be a corrupt government.

Pompeo best reassess his priorities, or his political career is over. The worst mistake he can make is assume Americans are stupid.

Read the transcript of Trump's conversation with Volodymyr Zelensky - CNNPolitics

Pompeo defends phone call, saying Trump wanted to stop Ukrainian corruption

HAHAHA!

Recently, Pompeo tried to defend Trump's July 25th phone call. He is caught between a rock and a hard place, defending Trump vs. his career. He sounded pretty ridiculous.

"And America tries to advance its interests around the world,” he said, adding, "It’s totally appropriate. Right? Isn’t that right?” Pompeo asked. “Yeah, it’s totally right.”

“Nations do this,” Pompeo said. “Nations work together and they say, ‘Boy, goodness gracious, if you can help me with X, we’ll help you achieve Y.’ This is what partnerships do. It’s win-win, it’s better for each of us.”

Only trouble is Trump wasn't talking about nations. He was talking about himself.

First, he brags up what the U.S. has done for Ukraine after blocking military aid to Ukraine days before the phone call. Zelensky then says Ukraine wants to buy Javelin missiles. Trump replied, "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it."

Trump has set up the quid pro quo. First denying the military aid. Then saying how generous American can be. Then asking for a favor.

Pompeo was listening in on the phone, and he pretends he was oblivious to all this when he says, “We know exactly what we were doing there. We were trying to create a situation where it wouldn’t be a corrupt government. We wanted to make sure that they didn’t interfere in our election in 2016. (HUH?) We wanted to make sure that if we underwrote Javelin missile systems — something that the previous administration refused to do — we wanted to make sure that we were doing this with a government that was straight-up, and would use that money for the things that it said it would use that money for.”

The only problem is the only corruption Trump mentioned was corruption involving his political campaign.

Right after asking for a favor, according to the transcript sent by the White House, Trump says, "I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it."

Crowdstrike is a fallacious far right conspiracy theory suggesting Ukraine interfered in our 2016 election for the Democrats, not Russia for Trump. This is news to Americans who never heard from Ukraine during the election campaign, but Russia was deeply involved.

Crowdstrike was a rouse, a misdirection, and a common Trump tactic to hide his real purpose. Next he got down to the real purpose of the phone call.

First he tells Zelensky how his atorney general and personal lawyer can be of enormous help in the investigations. Then he says, "The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."

He then adds, "I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything."

The prosecutor was a Russian sympathizer, and the U.S., EU, and the IMF all wanted the prosecutor gone.

Crowdstrike and the Bidens were the only corrupation Trump mentioned.

We know exactly what we were doing there. We were trying to create a situation where it wouldn’t be a corrupt government.

Pompeo best reassess his priorities, or his political career is over. The worst mistake he can make is assume Americans are stupid.

Read the transcript of Trump's conversation with Volodymyr Zelensky - CNNPolitics

Pompeo defends phone call, saying Trump wanted to stop Ukrainian corruption

And you believe that? Aren´t there many places infested with corruption in the world?

Forum List

Back