Mike Huckabee does it again

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
IMHO he was very witty and passionate with all his responses. Hopefully the voters noticed :)

Go Mike!!!

Huckabee seems like a nice guy, but he is goofy on some issues. Here's his 06/05/07 debate response to Blitzer asking him if the Universe was created 6000 years ago:
MR. BLITZER: Governor, but — but — (applause) — I think the specific question — the specific question is do you believe literally it was done in six days and it occurred 6,000 years ago?

MR. HUCKABEE: No, I did answer that, Wolf. I said I don’t know. My point is, I don’t know; I wasn’t there. (Laughter.) But I believe whether God did it in six days or whether he did it in six days that represented periods of time, he did it, and that’s what’s important. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/05/us/politics/05cnd-transcript.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
And this guy is a serious candidate for President of the US? When asked if the Universe was created 6000 years ago his response is "I don't know?" Anyone that lost in the literal word of the Bible, and the denial of scientific fact, cannot be considered a serious Presidential candidate. I am sure living next door to Huckabee would be just fine, but he should not be President. http://www.astronomy.com/asy/default.aspx?c=a&id=5533 and http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/age.html and http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2002/10/, etc.

lol. huckabee is like the biggest tool out there. I doubt very much that he will get nominated.
What kind of response was that? A Huckabee is a "tool" drive-by? What good is that? While I do not share some of Huckabee's beliefs, he seems like a good man. What are your reasons that you do not like Huckabee?

are you kidding me? I probably picked up the james dobson voting bloc with that answer.

What kind of response was that? A Huckabee is a "tool" drive-by? What good is that? While I do not share some of Huckabee's beliefs, he seems like a good man. What are your reasons that you do not like Huckabee?

Lets see, hes corrupt. He gave liquor licenses to companys who donated large amounts of money. He likes to pardon criminals. He vilifys gay people in an effort to get the christian vote. He is a former preacher who bashes "non-christians". His wife used the word "******" and it was caught on tape. He backed president Bush on Iraq from the beginning. Ofcourse dont interview him on it, he will flip flop. He was an open supporter of "stay the course" yet on some radio shows he says otherwise. He literally has NO plan for Iraq, No immigration plan, No healthcare plan. His philosophy is, and I quote "we need to take god more seriously and ourselves less seriously". How about taking the constitution seriously and the literal interpretation of the bible less so. The man literally believes every word of the bible. I mean thats expected of a preacher but cmon, where do you draw the line with the leader of the free world ranting about how we dont need science in our schools because we have the bible?

Why dont you ask him how many poor uneducated people there are in Arkansas.

We really dont need another president who "talks to god" as huckabee has stated. Apparently god told Bush to invade Iraq, and Im certain that if huckabee is elected, god will tell him to "stay the course". Or even worse, invade Iran.

Mike Huckabee welcomes the end of the white race. I don't welcome him. Sounds like a complete fucking idiot to me. We have enough of "those" Republicans screwing everything up now. What we need are some real conservatives.

here is some of what people are saying: Jeffrey Toobin, CNN Senior Analyst just said Gov. Mike Huckabee's answers were most eloquent of EITHER debate, and called him"breathtaking". Erick Erickson, head blogger at RedState.com, "Hands down, my friends, hands down, Mike Huckabee won tonight's debate." Chuck Todd, NBC Political Director, "The candidate who performed best, frankly, was Mike Huckabee". Chris Cillizza with the Washington Post, "One highlight we didn't mention previously -- Mike Huckabee's response about his religious faith and creationism. Huckabee evinced real emotion (almost always a good thing in debates) on the issue; "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Either someone believes God created the process, or that it's an accident and it just happened," Huckabee said to loud applause." David Brody of CBN News, "It’s appropriate that Tuesday night’s Republican debate took place in the Granite state because tonight Mike Huckabee was solid as a rock. This is now the third debate where he has done well but tonight he cranked I up to another level. There was a passion in his voice tonight.":clap2:

nbc.com
cnn.com
redstate.com
cbn.com

here is some of what people are saying: Jeffrey Toobin, CNN Senior Analyst just said Gov. Mike Huckabee's answers were most eloquent of EITHER debate, and called him"breathtaking". Erick Erickson, head blogger at RedState.com, "Hands down, my friends, hands down, Mike Huckabee won tonight's debate." Chuck Todd, NBC Political Director, "The candidate who performed best, frankly, was Mike Huckabee". Chris Cillizza with the Washington Post, "One highlight we didn't mention previously -- Mike Huckabee's response about his religious faith and creationism. Huckabee evinced real emotion (almost always a good thing in debates) on the issue; "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Either someone believes God created the process, or that it's an accident and it just happened," Huckabee said to loud applause." David Brody of CBN News, "It’s appropriate that Tuesday night’s Republican debate took place in the Granite state because tonight Mike Huckabee was solid as a rock. This is now the third debate where he has done well but tonight he cranked I up to another level. There was a passion in his voice tonight.":clap2:

nbc.com
cnn.com
redstate.com
cbn.com

Thats hillarius. "either someone believes god created the process, or that its an accident and it just happened".....way to get technical with it mike. Now why not explain the process god used? Oh wait you cant do that. I guess I will just have to go back to reading stupid science books. Something not required to be president obviously.

Forum List

Back