Migrant caravan: Mexico detains hundreds in raid

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Mexico has detained nearly 400 Central American migrants who were travelling through the south of the country trying to reach the US border, officials say.

Monday's operation in Chiapas state targeted a group of some 3,000 migrants which included small children.

It is said to be the largest single raid on people travelling in so-called caravans. Officials say those detained had refused to apply for visas.

Mexico is under pressure from the US to stem the flow of people heading north.

There has been a huge increase in men, women and children fleeing El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, the three countries where most of those seeking asylum on the US-Mexico border come from.

President Donald Trump again threatened to close the border if Mexico did not do more to stop the undocumented migrants.

Mexican immigration authorities targeted people at the start and end of the group on a road near the town of Pijijiapan, forcing migrants into police vehicles as children cried.

The migrants who managed to escape hid in hills and took refuge at nearby shelters and churches.

Mexico detains hundreds of migrants

This is why the President has not closed the border with Mexico.

I'm surprised Mexico doesn't have their Army at the border to stop these assholes from coming into Mexico.

If I were running Mexico you can bet your ass I would have my military at the border.

I'm surprised Mexico doesn't have their Army at the border to stop these assholes from coming into Mexico.

If I were running Mexico you can bet your ass I would have my military at the border.
Perhaps they too have laws holding back their military from messing with the civilian population?

Perhaps they too have laws holding back their military from messing with the civilian population?

Nah. Mexico would be concerned about their own civilians, not another countries. These assholes are moving over the Mexican border so they can land at the US/Mexico border. They are in Mexico illegally.

Mexico's Army should be at the border to stop the assholes.

Nah. Its not Mexico's civilian population which is all they are concerned about and these assholes are all trying to get into Mexico and from there to the US Border.

Our military can't get involved in holding back the migrants from Mexico at our border. Perhaps they have similar prohibitions against unilaterally declaring a war?

Mexico has detained nearly 400 Central American migrants who were travelling through the south of the country trying to reach the US border, officials say.

Monday's operation in Chiapas state targeted a group of some 3,000 migrants which included small children.

It is said to be the largest single raid on people travelling in so-called caravans. Officials say those detained had refused to apply for visas.

Mexico is under pressure from the US to stem the flow of people heading north.

There has been a huge increase in men, women and children fleeing El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, the three countries where most of those seeking asylum on the US-Mexico border come from.

President Donald Trump again threatened to close the border if Mexico did not do more to stop the undocumented migrants.

Mexican immigration authorities targeted people at the start and end of the group on a road near the town of Pijijiapan, forcing migrants into police vehicles as children cried.

The migrants who managed to escape hid in hills and took refuge at nearby shelters and churches.

Mexico detains hundreds of migrants

This is why the President has not closed the border with Mexico.
The real reason is that he's a big ol' pussy

Nah. Its not Mexico's civilian population which is all they are concerned about and these assholes are all trying to get into Mexico and from there to the US Border.

Our military can't get involved in holding back the migrants from Mexico at our border. Perhaps they have similar prohibitions against unilaterally declaring a war?

Defending your border isn't declaring war and the Mexican Army isn't the US Army.

I hope they do send their Army to stop these idiots from making it to our border.

We sure don't need any more assholes trying to get into the country with fake asylum requests.

Foreigners entering the country illegally are not Mexican civilians.

Forum List

Back