Might buy this

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
If the price is right......
A French TULLE fusil-de-chasse reproduction musket.
.62 Cal Smoothbore originally introduced in the 1670s for the French fur trappers.

1690frm.jpg

The musket for sale is (unfortunately) made in India, the barrel and hardware are a highly polished steel and because of the know issues with it I would have to put an extra $150 to $500 into it to make it safe to fire. Other than that it would make a good living history "show piece".

Thankfully I found out that specific "curry" firearm is worth maybe $200 to $250 shipped. Last I checked the bidding was up to $407. PT Barnum comes to mind........
So I found a reproduction, percussion double barrel shotgun for $325, (in excellent condition) a great price, at a muzzleloading forum I spend some time at.

CVA12ga-1.jpg

CVA12ga-2.jpg

.62 Cal Smoothbore originally introduced in the 1670s for the French fur trappers.

1690frm.jpg

The musket for sale is (unfortunately) made in India, the barrel and hardware are a highly polished steel and because of the know issues with it I would have to put an extra $150 to $500 into it to make it safe to fire. Other than that it would make a good living history "show piece".

I would dig deeper into it's manufacture before I did all that. Many "reproduction" firearms are made of much cheaper materials, especially in the manufacture of the barrels. This alone makes them at the least unreliable, and possibly even dangerous, to change over to a workable firearm.

1690frm.jpg

I would dig deeper into it's manufacture before I did all that. Many "reproduction" firearms are made of much cheaper materials, especially in the manufacture of the barrels. This alone makes them at the least unreliable, and possibly even dangerous, to change over to a workable firearm.

Uuuummmm, read the rest of the thread........ :cool:

Just double checked, the musket bidding is up to $650...... I can get a quality Track of the Wolf kit (the Tulle) for just over $700. Time to start building $350 Kentucky Longrifle kits and selling them for $1800 on that site....... :lol:

Just double checked, the musket bidding is up to $650...... I can get a quality Track of the Wolf kit (the Tulle) for just over $700. Time to start building $350 Kentucky Longrifle kits and selling them for $1800 on that site....... :lol:

I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if that is a shill bidder at work.

Don't know but the musket finally sold for $800. I'd hate to be the buyer when they discover the thing's only worth $200.

Don't know but the musket finally sold for $800. I'd hate to be the buyer when they discover the thing's only worth $200.

Yep. I was watching a Rock Island Arsenal auction a few years back and they had a Italian replica Henry rifle which they had not properly identified as such. There were two bidders going after it and it went for around 40 grand if my memory serves.

I bet there was a helllllll of a shit storm after that one!

Yep. I was watching a Rock Island Arsenal auction a few years back and they had a Italian replica Henry rifle which they had not properly identified as such. There were two bidders going after it and it went for around 40 grand if my memory serves.

If the seller is in the US he's probably up shit's creek if the buyer finds out. Not to mention the auction company. That's a serious civil suit and a violation of state and federal laws by not disclosing all information concerning the item for sale. At the very least it's fraud.
I'd be talking to an attorney and the legal authorities now.

If the seller is in the US he's probably up shit's creek if the buyer finds out. Not to mention the auction company. That's a serious civil suit and a violation of state and federal laws by not disclosing all information concerning the item for sale. At the very least it's fraud.

I doubt it ever got that far. No matter how big the auction company is you don't want to piss off people with that kind of money. No, the shitstorm was in the back office of the auction house as they flayed the responsible person, and the bidder's money was most certainly rolled over into something else.

I doubt it ever got that far. No matter how big the auction company is you don't want to piss off people with that kind of money. No, the shitstorm was in the back office of the auction house as they flayed the responsible person, and the bidder's money was most certainly rolled over into something else.

So true but in my case the money would be rolled back over into my bank account and I would have no further dealings with that auction company, for not doing their job in the first place.

The muzzleloading CVA side by side (pictured in post #3) arrived about a half hour ago. :thup:

Here's a stock picture.

cva%2012%20g%20sxs%20001.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Forum List

Back