Middle Class: It's Important

ShawnChris13

Nov 12, 2013
China has seen a large economic growth over the last few decades, as you well know. Their population centers have been focused on exporting manufacturing goods. The government of China has placed certain zones of China as free market zones where there is less regulation. The Chinese currency has steadily been growing stronger as China slowly opens foreign commercial trade. This growth has led to a rising middle class in China, and as their people gain more money they are seeking more goods and services.
A rising middle class that demands more domestic services and products will eventually lead to less production of manufactured goods. While this will lead to a slowing of GDP growth, it will lead to more citizens obtaining more private property. One thing that is sure: people love their property and they hate anyone else touching it. It is possible that with a rising middle class the world will see a China whose citizens will fight for more individual freedoms. Entrepreneurs will surely call for easier access to sell in an open market. The Chinese government is sure to see changes in social policies in the years to come.
America, of course, was founded by a revolution led by what could arguably be called middle class citizens. The Bill of Rights is proof enough that the average citizen had been heard and their concerns met with legislation drafted by representatives sent to voice their concerns. The freedoms that were written in that document were best enjoyed during the mid 20th century. Cars to take you across the country, guns for sale to anyone who could purchase one, and legal battles fighting for the rights of all citizens regardless of race or color. It wasn’t perfect and it still isn’t and it may never be, but people knew what they wanted and they fought for it. Who fought these battles and won these rights? The middle class.
The middle class had grown like no other due to the huge economic gains America achieved after WWI and WWII. People bought their cars and went on vacations and bought new houses and wanted their families to enjoy them. There is nothing so important as a strong middle class with the numbers to force their voice to be heard and enjoy the freedoms we all deserve. Technology hadn’t quite reached the point where a government could overreach its boundaries and delve into the daily lives of its citizens.
Long ago the rights and freedoms of people everywhere were decided among the dozens of people who held power and ruled governments by decree. The majority of the people were poor and uneducated. They lived to make it through another day not knowing what freedoms awaited if only they knew what to fight for. Their children were left to grow up repeating the same pattern and routine of their fathers and their grandfathers. They had no voice with which to shout for liberty. They were not taught to live for freedom. It is a sad truth that a poor citizen cannot improve her station because a poor citizen is not offered the opportunity.
Today that opportunity exists, and all a citizen has to do is learn! Almost everywhere there is the world wide web to teach us anything we want to know. The internet can show us everything that man has learned over the years and we can find our opportunity with that knowledge. Yet the television set is the most revered of technology today. The television that is controlled by the advertising companies and the political propaganda paid for by donors who wield millions of dollars to deliver a message. The messages that surround us between Jersey Shore and Teen Mom and Who Wants to be a Millionaire discourage us from learning ourselves. Game shows distract us and give us hope for easy money and the dream of never working ever again. The television bought and paid for by advertisers and politicians. Is that how Americans decide their lives?
Public assistance has risen to astronomical levels over the past eight years. Government welfare and subsidies for citizens who either can’t (and need it) or won’t (and don’t deserve it) has driven the country past the financial breaking point. Citizens cannot criticize the government if that is the very entity that provides their house and gives them food. What person with a hope for food tomorrow would bite the hand that feeds them? Is it a coincidence that as more people become dependent on the government the more laws are passed in direct contradiction of the Bill of Rights? Even the Supreme Court has ruled that Miranda Rights, even for citizens who do not know them, must be invoked out loud in order to remain silent.
Educate your family and your friends on what each right “endowed by our creator” is and how we should be protected by them. It is the middle class who must fight for these rights. The highest in society have their rights bought and paid for. It is us who are forced to remind them that we, too have the right to privacy in our own homes. The phones we pay for are for our conversations. Our computers are for our emails. We buy our cars so that we can know where we are going. No one person should ever have the right to pick any person they want and follow their day to day routine. Our freedom was fought for by our ancestors and that baton has been passed to us. It is time the middle class continued this relatively new tradition of fighting for its own rights.

There is no middle class where there is redistribution. There is the poor and the party loyals who are rich.

China isn't a very good example because there really isn't a middle class. They're more like us - a feudal system where a large class of working poor support the very wealthy.

I posted this earlier today

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-first-fatal-police-shooting.html#post8238357

Iceland's first fatal police shooting
First fatal shooting by police mars Iceland's serene history - latimes.com

Quote:
For the first time in Iceland's modern history, police carried out a fatal shooting early Monday during an exchange of gunfire with a man reported to be firing at cars from his apartment window.

Two police officers were wounded in the shootout that followed a 5 a.m. emergency call from neighbors, Euronews quoted an Icelandic news agency as reporting. The 59-year-old victim from eastern Reykjavik, who wasn't immediately identified, was taken to an area hospital where he died of his wounds.

"Police regret this incident and would like to extend their condolences to the family of the man," Icelandic Police Chief Haraldur Johannessen told reporters in Reykjavik, according to the BBC.

An investigation has been ordered of the rare use of firearms by police, reported to be the first fatality in the more than 200 years since the former Viking stronghold began its drive for independence from Denmark.
Here's the important part -

Quote:
... There are about 90,000 guns registered among Iceland's 315,000 people, making it 15th in the world in per capita gun ownership, GunPolicy.org reports.

The author-researcher of the BBC crime study, Andrew Clark of Boston's Suffolk University Law School, attributed the low incidence of violent crime in Iceland to the absence of class distinctions in a country where 97% identify themselves as middle class...

I have no pity for the middle class. They voted themselves into this situation, they deserve the fleecing they are asking for.

I have no pity for the middle class. They voted themselves into this situation, they deserve the fleecing they are asking for.

Not all of them. And even so, children, elderly, vets, disabled - they're the ones paying the highest price for ignorant voters.

People don't deserve to go hungry while working full time.

Not all of them. And even so, children, elderly, vets, disabled - they're the ones paying the highest price for ignorant voters.

I guess not the kids, but most vets and the elderly voted for this, they earned it. I will enjoy the day when the baby boomers find out their SS and Medicare has run out and have nothing.

I used to care about people, but I wasted my energy on that. In America, it is every man for himself.

I guess not the kids, but most vets and the elderly voted for this, they earned it. I will enjoy the day when the baby boomers find out their SS and Medicare has run out and have nothing.

I used to care about people, but I wasted my energy on that. In America, it is every man for himself.

You will enjoy the day old people have no benefits? Im thankful people like you have no power. And just so you know, if we totaly cleaned out SS tomorrow, there would still be around 70% funding to those who recieve checks. Do you know why, Mr. Evil? Because of everyone who pays into SS on a montly basis. We will never have 0% of our checks, no matter how much you want people to be broke, it wont happen. That, Mr. Evil, is reality.

New Topics

Forum List

Back