Middle-class Americans to bear brunt of IRS audits under Dem inflation bill, analysis shows.

Of course we will because we are the majority of the country.

They won't go after the rich like they said they would. That was just a lie to make it all sound more palatable for middle America. They wanted to make it sound like they are "going after the big mean rich folks". But the reality is they are the rich, or atleast in bed with them, they won't go after their own best interests. And even if they did tax the rich middle America will pay for it because they will either eliminate jobs or raise prices to offset it

Personally I think they want to tax a lot of people out of what they own.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Democrats win in 2024 we suddenly see taxation twice a year. They will say "instead of taxing you big one time we will do it in smaller amounts twice a year to ease your burden" but in the end we will end up paying a lot more.

They will trojan horse us all somehow.
With 87,000 new IRS agents, they can afford to make quarterly returns a universal reality.

“Americans making less than $75,000 will be subject to 710,863 additional audits, according to the analysis”

Yep. Democrats voted no to getting the rich audited more for a reason. They’re out to crush the middle class. One can say just follow the tax laws. As Turbo Tax Timmy showed us, following tax laws is not easy. I was audited this year, they found nothing. But it took me over 4 months to get my $5K refund check.

And here’s the bonus with the IRS: if they make a decision against you you can challenge it - with the IRS being the arbitrator.

The funny thing is that, generally speaking, the rich don't technically "cheat" on their taxes. They have CPA's and lawyers who advise them on the best tax strategies to legally pay as few taxes as possible. Granted, some of these strategies fall over into grey areas. The average Joes and Janes don't have CPA's and lawyers to advise them, so, they are the ones who often actually cheat. So, when it comes to people who don't pay their fair share, the cold hard truth is that about 50% pay no federal income taxes at all so it's harder to cheat, the middle income has more actual cheaters not paying their fair share, and when it comes to the rich, they are often paying their fair share according to the IRS, just not public opinion.

Translation:
increased IRS audits will hit the middle tier harder than the upper tier. Once again, yet another liberal policy that backfires spectacularly.

Last edited:
Maybe if we had more IRS agents we would have figured out that the murderer Derek Chauvin hadn’t paid taxes in years.

He made less than $400k. I guess you don’t think that’s a problem.

Either way, the reason the IRS has been going after poorer people the last few decades is because it requires more resources to go after rich people. This is a direct result of the effort to defund the IRS as a payoff to rich Republican donors.
hahah why do you think it takes more resources? why on earth do you think it takes more resouces for law enforcement to investigate someone based on their wealth?

The IRS went after conservatives and liberals. They admitted nothing like you say.
I find all Leftards are clueless to what’s going on in the real world.

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election

The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.

The IRS went after conservatives and liberals. They admitted nothing like you say.
why do you lie so often?

The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.

In 2013, then Acting Director of Exempt Organizations at IRS, Lois Lerner, apologized to a room of tax lawyers for the IRS's inappropriate targeting of conservative political groups.

why do you lie so often?

In 2013, then Acting Director of Exempt Organizations at IRS, Lois Lerner, apologized to a room of tax lawyers for the IRS's inappropriate targeting of conservative political groups.
That doesn’t say anything about being weaponized against conservatives. What you’ve omitted is they also targeted liberal organizations in the same way.

It ruins your narrative. Stay ignorant.

I find all Leftards are clueless to what’s going on in the real world.

See post above. That doesn’t say they were weaponized against conservatives. They chose keywords that indicated political activity, which charities aren’t supposed to be political. They also chose keywords for liberal organizations to go after.

“Americans making less than $75,000 will be subject to 710,863 additional audits, according to the analysis”

Yep. Democrats voted no to getting the rich audited more for a reason. They’re out to crush the middle class. One can say just follow the tax laws. As Turbo Tax Timmy showed us, following tax laws is not easy. I was audited this year, they found nothing. But it took me over 4 months to get my $5K refund check.

And here’s the bonus with the IRS: if they make a decision against you you can challenge it - with the IRS being the arbitrator.

Fox is nothing but right wing propaganda. They should be removed from the White House press office. They are not a legitimate news gathering source.

why do you lie so often?

New documents provided to the Treasury Department's inspector general indicate that progressive groups, in addition to conservative groups, may have been targeted by the IRS for additional scrutiny, according to testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee by J. Russell George, the inspector general. The revelation bolsters the case of congressional Democrats who have argued that IRS targeting was not politically motivated, and that the groups targeted were more ideologically diverse than originally believed.

In his prepared testimony, George described documents from July 2010 that included the term "progressive" within a discussion of the types of groups that should be scrutinized by the IRS. Those documents were provided to George's office on July 9, but were not provided prior to the inspector general's original audit that initially jump-started the targeting scandal and the resultant committee hearings.

I don't think there are too many conservative groups that use the word progressive in their name.

New documents provided to the Treasury Department's inspector general indicate that progressive groups, in addition to conservative groups, may have been targeted by the IRS for additional scrutiny, according to testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee by J. Russell George, the inspector general. The revelation bolsters the case of congressional Democrats who have argued that IRS targeting was not politically motivated, and that the groups targeted were more ideologically diverse than originally believed.

In his prepared testimony, George described documents from July 2010 that included the term "progressive" within a discussion of the types of groups that should be scrutinized by the IRS. Those documents were provided to George's office on July 9, but were not provided prior to the inspector general's original audit that initially jump-started the targeting scandal and the resultant committee hearings.

I don't think there are too many conservative groups that use the word progressive in their name.
may have? hahah well we know from a Learner herself she targeted conservative groups

nice attempt to try and deflect

Forum List

Back