Microsoft is getting rid of Internet Explorer

who the hell uses explorer anymore to begin with :dunno:

BINGO...thus why they want to bring out a "new" one.
Americans are so clueless, that they will advertise the crap out of this and poeple may very well start using it thinking it is different. When all it is, by their own admittance, is an updated IE.

I thought one of the "features" was funny..."read mode"..for reading online books. WHo in the hell is going to read a book on a laptop?

I heard that Spartan will offer some useful features like the one that allows to put comments onto websites and send them to others and they can read them even if they don´t use Spartan. I hope that Spartan will be well supported by the Add-On developers and will be available for older Windows versions.

Another article on it:

Microsoft to axe Internet Explorer

Wow! I never expected this. Of course, I use it as little as possible, preferring Opera and Firefox. But, to remove and replace it?

Will Spartan be any better? What features will it provide to draw users back to it?

Read the article @ Microsoft to axe Internet Explorer Fox News

The Apple-y Attache

Microsoft has to offer a response to the Apple iMac's offering of the handsome and user-friendly Safari browser.

The Great Microsoft and Apple Computer Market War have reminded us of the great innovations offered by Bill Gates and Steve Jobs (i.e., Windows Mobile, 1998 iBook, etc.).

:afro:

Safari (Wikipedia)

iBook.jpg

microsoft.jpg

Quite a few people use IE (I'm not one of them), some know about all the alternatives but prefer IE anyway, their choice, doesn't bother me. It used to be a lot of companies signed a contract with Microsoft to use Windows on their office machines, many of those contracts stipulate, other than proprietary software, no non M$ programs can be loaded and used so the company is stuck using IE if it allows internet access. Don't know if that's the way it is anymore.

Forum List

Back