Micro AR Pistol

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Saw this and decided I really wanted it, it's soooooo friggin' cool!
AR15 pistol, 5" barrel chambered in 556/223 for $424 + $60 for a PSA stripped "Stealth" lower. I know some will ask why but who needs a why?

ar15-pistol-kit-5-inch-556-nato-afterburner-mlok-205813.jpg

Saw this and decided I really wanted it, it's soooooo friggin' cool!
AR15 pistol, 5" barrel chambered in 556/223 for $424 + $60 for a PSA stripped "Stealth" lower. I know some will ask why but who needs a why?

ar15-pistol-kit-5-inch-556-nato-afterburner-mlok-205813.jpg

Those are fun. Back in the stone age I had an HK 51 made by Fleming. Basically an Hk 91, converted to full auto, with a 5 inch barrel in 7.62X51 NATO.

Loud, and at night the muzzle blast was astonishing. It literally turned night into day.

Those are fun. Back in the stone age I had an HK 51 made by Fleming. Basically an Hk 91, converted to full auto, with a 5 inch barrel in 7.62X51 NATO.

Loud, and at night the muzzle blast was astonishing. It literally turned night into day.
I expect the fireball on this is going to be awesome! :)

Should be. Just make sure the ammo has no anti flash in it.
I'm on a large firearms forum which I posted the same thing in pretty much the same way. Of course one guy just had to post velocity graphs for 223 out of different length barrels......... Like I didn't know that a very short barrel would result in very decreased muzzle velocity......... I know he thought he was just being helpful but it took almost every thing I had not to be too snarky......... :lol:

I'm on a large firearms forum which I posted the same thing in pretty much the same way. Of course one guy just had to post velocity graphs for 223 out of different length barrels......... Like I didn't know that a very short barrel would result in very decreased muzzle velocity......... I know he thought he was just being helpful but it took almost every thing I had not to be too snarky......... :lol:

There are lots of "experts" out there who just feel the need to show how smart they are.

Cool. When I was a 07mfg/class 2 sot I built a 10" sbr AR. Fireball? OH YEAH. Suppressed, it kinda had alot of back blow with the shorter gas tube and cheap Rusky bear was dirty. It would blast your hand and grit it up.

Cool. When I was a 07mfg/class 2 sot I built a 10" sbr AR. Fireball? OH YEAH. Suppressed, it kinda had alot of back blow with the shorter gas tube and cheap Rusky bear was dirty. It would blast your hand and grit it up.
Good reason to wear gloves, eh? :thup:

Shit why din'd I tink of dat.

BTY way. building my shops, been messin with my track fusil >)

Cool. I am rebuilding a 1851 Colt Navy. Its condition overall is pretty good with some blue and color case hardening remaining, but the hand and the cylinder bolt are out of time.

Go figure it was manufactured in 1857!

Shit why din'd I tink of dat.

BTY way. building my shops, been messin with my track fusil >)
BTW, I found that for shooting gloves a really good pair of mechanics gloves work as well as the best, expensive shooting gloves. Basically they're the same gloves for a quarter of the price. Matter of fact the first gloves our military used were the original Mechanix brand gloves. I have a pair of inexpensive IronClad gloves that I use.

Last edited:
Cool. I am rebuilding a 1851 Colt Navy. Its condition overall is pretty good with some blue and color case hardening remaining, but the hand and the cylinder bolt are out of time.

Go figure it was manufactured in 1857!
That's got to be a nice pistol to have in the collection. I have 3 navys, an 1858 and a baby in 31, all repros of course.

BTW, I found that for shooting gloves a really good pair of mechanics gloves work as well as the best, expensive shooting gloves. Basically they're the same gloves for a quarter of the price. Matter of fact the first gloves our military used were the original Mechanix brand gloves. I have a pair of inexpensive IronClad gloves that I use.
Those are handy gloves and fit well. Every little store here has them, convenient stores even. Farmers and mechanics here all wear them.

That's got to be a nice pistol to have in the collection. I have 3 navys, an 1858 and a baby in 31, all repros of course.

Yeah, I have quite a few oldies in the collection. I just recently picked up a Spencer.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 26
Those are handy gloves and fit well. Every little store here has them, convenient stores even. Farmers and mechanics here all wear them.
My problem with gloves are my hands are huge but my fingers are "stubby" which means I have to buy XL or 2XL gloves (depending on manufacturer) however that leaves up to a quarter inch of play at the fingertips.

My problem with gloves are my hands are huge but my fingers are "stubby" which means I have to buy XL or 2XL gloves (depending on manufacturer) however that leaves up to a quarter inch of play at the fingertips.

Trim it off. That's what I do. Get better tactile feeling of the trigger too.

Forum List

Back