Micro AR Pistol

Yeah, I have quite a few oldies in the collection. I just recently picked up a Spencer.
I only had a couple originals long ago. Being a collector of modest means (usually taking one out of inventory :) I decided to stay away from originals much as I love them and just get shooters. One original I miss was a nice Stevens "parlor pistol". Old so it only got colibris. Got a Rem "Ryder" parlor, repro though. 22 round ball and a cap and good to go. Ladies loved it, called it the peashooter.

Ahhh a Spencer. I had one of those repro Gallagers Erma put together with old MG barrels. Fun to shoot. Very cool mechanism.

My problem with gloves are my hands are huge but my fingers are "stubby" which means I have to buy XL or 2XL gloves (depending on manufacturer) however that leaves up to a quarter inch of play at the fingertips.
I hate that. I never pay much attention to sizes but that's like wearing 11 shoes normally and getting 15"s!

Arrived this morning, waited for the metal to warm up before putting the lower receiver together. Only lost one detent with this build, glad I picked up a spare spring/detent kit a while back.

MicroAR.jpg

Saw this and decided I really wanted it, it's soooooo friggin' cool!
AR15 pistol, 5" barrel chambered in 556/223 for $424 + $60 for a PSA stripped "Stealth" lower. I know some will ask why but who needs a why?

ar15-pistol-kit-5-inch-556-nato-afterburner-mlok-205813.jpg
I've cobbled a few AR pistols together but got shed of them all but one, a 7.25" Bushmaster Carbon 15 on a Areo lower. The upper was formerly on a full auto C-15 SBR lower.....It's the cat's ass. ;)

c 002 (2).JPG

Just ordered a SB SBM4 fixed brace (the discontinued one), saved $20 on the cheapest price I could find for $60 which included shipping.
We bitch about inflation but some things get better and cheaper :) What did a reciever AR cost u 15 years ago? Easy double what it is now. Whot dat tell me?? Build more AR!!! Wife has a Spike Tac, 16" Stole my can too.

We bitch about inflation but some things get better and cheaper :) What did a reciever AR cost u 15 years ago? Easy double what it is now. Whot dat tell me?? Build more AR!!! Wife has a Spike Tac, 16" Stole my can too.
Pretty sure this build is going to be a flame thrower, probably have the stopping power of a .22 magnum, maybe a .380 with the .223s coming out of such a short barrel but it will be fun. :)

Pretty sure this build is going to be a flame thrower, probably have the stopping power of a .22 magnum, maybe a .380 with the .223s coming out of such a short barrel but it will be fun. :)
Flame throwers are great. Like the old Mosin carbine, M44. Them belch fire for sure.

Yeah you'll lose some. I forget with a 223. There is an optimum with any barrel of course. When I was messing building FN's I followed some 308 testing. They started around 21 inches, kept cutting a little off and found optimum velocity was around 19". Cut more drops more. I think they figured one loses about 100fps per inch cut off, after optimum.

Yeah, you'll easy have 22mag and who cares, it's just fun. 380? My Red Ryder BB gun has more stopping power than a 380! haha. I do like the 380 for fun though. Accurate, pleasant. Take a 22, 38sp, 9mm, 380 acp and tell me which one bounces off a 55gal barrel, tele pole and hardwood flooring.

My SB brace came in the other day, that was a TIGHT fit on the buffer tube, had to use baby powder and still struggled to get it on........... Well after that workout I decided I hated how it looked, kinda like a gal with a small upper and a YUGE back end. Came off much easier than it went on, might try it on my 10.5" 5.56, maybe put the blade on this one.

I did put a red/green dot on it.
MicroAR2.jpg

Forum List

Back