Mick Mulvaney's bad week just got worse

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
This guy...is almost single-handedly demolishing Trump...in front of all of America

mulvaney - Bing

Mulvaney fumbled during an interview on “Fox News Sunday” when he cited two reasons for the delay, whereas he had listed three during his Thursday news briefing at the White House. He continued to blame reporters for any misunderstanding, a feat that can be tough to pull off when his answers were all delivered on camera and when the host, Chris Wallace, let the tape keep rolling
And he threw red meat to liberals and Democratic presidential candidates who have long questioned the appropriateness of the Trump family continuing to profit from their business holdings while Trump serves as president.

“At the end of the day, he still considers himself to be in the hospitality business,” Mulvaney told Wallace about Trump’s original decision to hold the next G-7 summit at his resort in Doral, Fla. — a decision he reversed late Saturday.

“I just have to pick up: You say he considers himself in the hospitality business?” Wallace asked. “He’s the president of the United States.”

Mulvaney’s interview did not play well among Trump allies and advisers, with one calling it a “self-immolation.”

More broadly, it was the latest sign of turbulence during the acting chief of staff’s roughly 10-month tenure. It was also a symbol of the struggle within this White House to manage and fight back against Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, all while facing deep criticism from fellow Republicans over the administration’s handling of Syria and the G-7 venue. During the past week, White House aides have felt under siege. One former administration official called it one of the White House’s worst weeks during Trump’s presidency, and aides and allies started to contemplate the length of Mulvaney’s tenure in the West Wing."

You think??

Then:

Several White House aides and Trump allies presume Mulvaney’s job is safe during the impeachment proceedings. That’s in part, they say, because no one else would want the chief of staff job right now and partly because Mulvaney is too much at the center of the Ukraine scandal for Trump to unceremoniously dump him as he has done with other senior aides like John Bolton, his former national security adviser."

Last edited:
Left wing desperation play #2,345,768,987,651

You fools are pathetic..
Uh-huh..I'm not a lefty..and you forgot to comment on the veracity of the post. Are you accusing Mulvaney of being a lefty? Are you saying that Trump's Chief of Staff was misquoted? Naw..since he is on tape...saying what he said....you can't be doing that.

What do you think about his characterization of Trump as still 'considering himself to be in the hospitality business"? do you think that is a helpful statement by the POTUS's Chief of Staff..given the issues of emoluments?

Or..do you have nothing cogent and just want to whine and rant..I know which I'd bet on....

You fools are pathetic..
Uh-huh..I'm not a lefty..and you forgot to comment on the veracity of the post. Are you accusing Mulvaney of being a lefty? Are you saying that Trump's Chief of Staff was misquoted? Naw..since he is on tape...saying what he said....you can't be doing that.

What do you think about his characterization of Trump as still 'considering himself to be in the hospitality business"? do you think that is a helpful statement by the POTUS's Chief of Staff..given the issues of emoluments?

Or..do you have nothing cogent and just want to whine and rant..I know which I'd bet on....
We ever have a BILLIONAIRE before as president that has over 500 companies and has stated staying at his hotel would have cost our country NOTHING. SAVINGS OF PERHAPS UPWARD OF $1 MILLION....BUT SCUM LIKE YOU FOR SIMPLE POLITICAL PROPAGANDA JUST FUCKED YOUR COUNTRY....Hope you Communists, anti-American are happy as most people KNOW the YRUTH behind this bullshit...it WILL come back and bite you bastards in Nov.2020!

You fools are pathetic..

We ever have a BILLIONAIRE before as president that has over 500 companies and has stated staying at his hotel would have cost our country NOTHING. SAVINGS OF PERHAPS UPWARD OF $1 MILLION....BUT SCUM LIKE YOU FOR SIMPLE POLITICAL PROPAGANDA JUST FUCKED YOUR COUNTRY....Hope you Communists, anti-American are happy as most people KNOW the YRUTH behind this bullshit...it WILL come back and bite you bastards in Nov.2020!
Another cogent response...LOL! Not a single word about what was said,,no reasoned rebuttal? Hmmm...methinks you are confused and think this thread is about Trump's G7 decisions.....Nope..this is about the Chief of Staff of the President stating that Trump considers himself in the hospitality business...did you watch the show referenced? Read a transcript? Do you have a clue?

Forum List

Back