Michigan school shooter charged as adult

No. Surprisingly, we're not wrong. It is a complicated repetitious 244-page document (as you saw), but it's not there. Looked up other references and the state is noted for not having a law or regulation requiring weapons owned by adults to be secured or safeguarded being picked up by their kids.
I saw some lady from the prosecutor's office being asked about charges for the parents. She said they were looking into it. I don't think the state officials even know what their own statutes say in their firearms laws. Or, it is such a glaring deficiency, (especially in light of current circumstance) she was just saying that to dance away from the question.
Yup. I found something interesting. Take a look at this on page 143:

“750.235a Parent of minor guilty of misdemeanor; conditions; penalty; defense; definitions.
Sec. 235a. (1) The parent of a minor is guilty of a misdemeanor if all of the following apply:
(a) The parent has custody of the minor.
(b) The minor violates this chapter in a weapon free school zone.
(c) The parent knows that the minor would violate this chapter or the parent acts to further the violation.”

There’s no way they would be able to prove part c. So this wouldn’t stick.

Yup. I found something interesting. Take a look at this on page 143:

“750.235a Parent of minor guilty of misdemeanor; conditions; penalty; defense; definitions.
Sec. 235a. (1) The parent of a minor is guilty of a misdemeanor if all of the following apply:
(a) The parent has custody of the minor.
(b) The minor violates this chapter in a weapon free school zone.
(c) The parent knows that the minor would violate this chapter or the parent acts to further the violation.”

There’s no way they would be able to prove part c. So this wouldn’t stick.
Yeah, saw that. You are probably right. They are just going to join the ranks of a long list of named and know asshole parents that can't or won't responsibly raise their kid. These are not left wing nut balls, yet exactly the same type of parents, we just saw in the Rittenhouse case, except these people's kid was actually the murderous aggressor (according to what they have video of), yet I am sure it will come out, they knew nothing about it, nor his videos, nor his journal, just normal parents that buy a gun for themselves, take the kid to the gun range immediate afterward, where his learns to shoot it and then the leave the weapon unsecured, as their little angel would never fool with it without their permission.
Parents like these two examples are the #1 problem in America, responsible for the all the juvenile crime in this country, the rioting in this country, the total disrespect for authority and lack of a sense of right and wrong, in undisciplined kids/young adults, and including the self-importance of this "I, Me" generation. Schools could have been beating some sense into some of the kid's butt, except their little darling, certainly could do no harm, and we can't have some stranger adult authority figure strike our little darling with a 3/4 oak paddle, cranked out in the shop classes, they used to teach. It might hurt their feelings and damage their little psyche, if they had to subvert themselves to legitimate authority at an early age, even though the parents are unwilling or unable to discipline their kids effectively themselves.
Sorry for the rant, but I'm old and crabby and know how this sh#t is supposed to be done, and was done before everybody became so F#cking enlightened. But, what do I know? I'm just the debt free, retired Combat Arms Office and business manager, one generation off the rural family farm, that did right, just as was done right by my parents and their parents before, yet to half the asshole on this board, think me one of their low down lefties because I don't approve of their conceited, undisciplined, self absorbed, deposed leader, who was undoubtably raised as another pampered, privileged little shit with no respect for himself or anybody else.

New Topics

Forum List

Back