Michigan Prof vs. Muslim students

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
I received this in an email from a friend, so I can't provide a link. It does say it is authenticated by Snopes.

Fw: Michigan State University

Authenticated by Snopes.com
Professor Wichman's E-mail Claim: A Michigan professor sent an
e-mail telling Muslim students to leave the country. Status:
True. Hooray for Michigan State University (The Spartans) and
Professor Wichman!

Well, what do we have here. Looks like a small case of some people
being able to dish it out, but not take it. Let's start at the
top. The story begins at Michigan State University with a
mechanical engineering professor named Indrek Wichman.

Wichman sent an e-mail to the Muslim Student's Association. The
e-mail was in response to the students' protest of the Danish
cartoons that portrayed the Prophet Muhammad as a terrorist. The
group had complained the cartoons were "hate speech." Enter
Professor Wichman. In his e-mail, he said the following:

Dear Moslem Association:

As a professor of Mechanical Engineering here at MSU I intend to
protest your protest. I am offended not by cartoons, but by more
mundane things like beheadings of civilians, cowardly attacks on
public buildings, suicide murders, murders of Catholic priests (the
latest in Turkey!), burnings of Christian churches, the continued
persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt, the imposition of Sharia
law on non-Muslims, the rapes of Scandinavian girls and women
(called "whores" in your culture), the murder of film directors in
Holland, and the rioting and looting in Paris France.

This is what offends me, a soft-spoken person and academic, and
many, many, many of my colleagues. I counsel you dissatisfied,
aggressive, brutal, and uncivilized slave-trading Moslems to be
very aware of this as you proceed with your infantile "protests."

If you do not like the values of the West -- see the 1st Amendment
-- you are free to leave. I hope for God's sake that most of you
choose that option. Please return to your ancestral homelands and
build them up yourselves instead of troubling Americans.

Cordially, I. S. Wichman Professor of Mechanical Engineering

As you can imagine, the Muslim group at the university didn't like
this too well. They're demanding that Wichman be reprimanded and
mandatory diversity training for faculty and a seminar on hate and
discrimination for freshman. Now the Michigan chapter of CAIR has
jumped into the fray. CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic
Relations, apparently doesn't believe that the good professor had
the right to express his opinion.

For its part, the university is standing its ground They say the
e-mail was private, and they don't intend to publicly condemn his
remarks. That will probably change. Wichman says he never intended
the e-mail to be made public, and wouldn't have used the same
strong language if he'd known it was going to get out.

How's the left going to handle this one? If you're in favor of the
freedom of speech, as in the case of Ward Churchill, will the same
protections be demanded for Indrek Wichman? I doubt it.

Hey folks, send this to your friends, and ask them to do the same.
Tell them to keep passing it around until the whole country gets
it. We are in a war. This political correctness crap is getting
old!

They're demanding that Wichman be reprimanded and
mandatory diversity training for faculty and a seminar on hate and
discrimination
for freshman.

Sounds like brainwashing to me. What happened to freedom of speech? Are people not allowed to 'hate'? Our society is going to be in real trouble if we start policing people's thoughts and ideology. This is what is really scary about the left, deep down they want to apply these same 'disciplinary methods' in our Justice system.

He didn't say anything inaccurate, so what are they whining about? Whatever Muhammad was he probably wasn't much of a whiner. They're picking up techniques from the very people they hate. Westerners.

He didn't say anything inaccurate, so what are they whining about? Whatever Muhammad was he probably wasn't much of a whiner. They're picking up techniques from the very people they hate. Westerners.

Or there just using new techniques to bring down traditional Western society - namely liberalism.

Or there just using new techniques to bring down traditional Western society - namely liberalism.

The Koran preaches that their is no sin in using any means neccasary to bring down infidels. Lieing, killing, using unholy methods. Nothing is off limits in your quest to make Islam the one, true religion.

The Koran preaches that their is no sin in using any means neccasary to bring down infidels. Lieing, killing, using unholy methods. Nothing is off limits in your quest to make Islam the one, true religion.

You can pull passages out of practically any religious book to make it say what you want it to say. It is an old divisive practice. Look at this:

http://www.islamfortoday.com/mat01.htm

Woever kills an innocent human being, it shall be as if he has killed all mankind, and whosoever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. (5:32)

Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and in the race for a garden wide as the heavens and the earth, prepared for the righteous- (the righteous are) those who spend whether in prosperity or adversity, who restrain anger and who pardon all people. For God loves those who do good. (3:133 –134)

Invite all to the way of your God with wisdom and beautiful preaching. And argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious. For your God knows best who have strayed from his path and who receive guidance. And if you do respond to an attack, respond no worse than they did. But if you show patience, that is indeed the best course. Be patient- for your patience is from God . . . Indeed, God is with those who restrain themselves and those who do good. (16:125-128)

O You who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be against rich or poor, for God can best protect both. Follow not the cravings of your hearts, lest you swerve, and if you distort justice or decline to do justice, verily God is well acquainted with all that you do. (4:135)

To those who persevere in doing good is a reward more than in measure. No darkness nor shame shall cover their faces. They are companions of the garden where they will live forever. But those who have earned evil will have a reward like evil. Humiliation will cover their faces. They will have no defender from God. (10:26-27)

The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree), but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from God, for God does not love those who do wrong. But indeed if any do help and defend themselves after a wrong done to them, against such there is no cause of blame. The blame is only against those who oppress men with wrongdoing and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land, defying right and justice, for such there will be a penalty grievous. (42:40-43)

If I took the time and tried carefully enough, I could probably get the Bible say that it is okay to commit violence against non-believers.

You can pull passages out of practically any religious book to make it say what you want it to say. It is an old divisive practice. Look at this:

http://www.islamfortoday.com/mat01.htm

Woever kills an innocent human being, it shall be as if he has killed all mankind, and whosoever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. (5:32)

Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and in the race for a garden wide as the heavens and the earth, prepared for the righteous- (the righteous are) those who spend whether in prosperity or adversity, who restrain anger and who pardon all people. For God loves those who do good. (3:133 –134)

Invite all to the way of your God with wisdom and beautiful preaching. And argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious. For your God knows best who have strayed from his path and who receive guidance. And if you do respond to an attack, respond no worse than they did. But if you show patience, that is indeed the best course. Be patient- for your patience is from God . . . Indeed, God is with those who restrain themselves and those who do good. (16:125-128)

O You who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be against rich or poor, for God can best protect both. Follow not the cravings of your hearts, lest you swerve, and if you distort justice or decline to do justice, verily God is well acquainted with all that you do. (4:135)

To those who persevere in doing good is a reward more than in measure. No darkness nor shame shall cover their faces. They are companions of the garden where they will live forever. But those who have earned evil will have a reward like evil. Humiliation will cover their faces. They will have no defender from God. (10:26-27)

The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree), but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from God, for God does not love those who do wrong. But indeed if any do help and defend themselves after a wrong done to them, against such there is no cause of blame. The blame is only against those who oppress men with wrongdoing and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land, defying right and justice, for such there will be a penalty grievous. (42:40-43)

If I took the time and tried carefully enough, I could probably get the Bible say that it is okay to commit violence against non-believers.

go for it !!

go for it !!

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has "come not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34-36)

"The Son of man [Jesus himself] shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:41-42)

"God siad, 'He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (Matthew 15:4-7)

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

"He that hath no sword let him sell his garment, and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." (John 15:6)

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has "come not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34-36)

"The Son of man [Jesus himself] shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:41-42)

"God siad, 'He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (Matthew 15:4-7)

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

"He that hath no sword let him sell his garment, and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." (John 15:6)

:lame2:

One reason I believe this is that he's a professor of engineering, instead of sociology or one of the other "fluffy" enterprises usually dominated by libs.

Dear Moslem Association:

As a professor of Mechanical Engineering here at MSU I intend to
protest your protest. I am offended not by cartoons, but by more
mundane things like beheadings of civilians, cowardly attacks on
public buildings, suicide murders, murders of Catholic priests (the
latest in Turkey!), burnings of Christian churches, the continued
persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt, the imposition of Sharia
law on non-Muslims, the rapes of Scandinavian girls and women
(called "whores" in your culture), the murder of film directors in
Holland, and the rioting and looting in Paris France.

This is what offends me, a soft-spoken person and academic, and
many, many, many of my colleagues. I counsel you dissatisfied,
aggressive, brutal, and uncivilized slave-trading Moslems to be
very aware of this as you proceed with your infantile "protests."

If you do not like the values of the West -- see the 1st Amendment
-- you are free to leave. I hope for God's sake that most of you
choose that option. Please return to your ancestral homelands and
build them up yourselves instead of troubling Americans.

Cordially, I. S. Wichman Professor of Mechanical Engineering

:clap:

Forum List

Back