Michelle Obama's Secret Shopping. How Do You Feel About It?

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Just watched a report on Michelle Obama's secret shopping adventures. She often goes out in disguise to do some shopping. So far she has not been recognized. Is it safe? Is it wise? Or is it understandable and ok for her to want to be like a regular citizen? What are your thoughts?

This is an old story.
She went to Target...white house aides called the media and told them where she would be...picture shows up showing her as a "regular gal".

End of Story

I remember two or so years ago when PMS-NBC was trying to compare Meechelle to Jackie O. That's like comparing Joy Blowhard to Nancy Reagan. I don't recall Jackie Kennedy shopping at "The General Store" back in the 60's. {for those of you kids here under 25(lol), "The General Store" was like a Mini-Wal Mart of the late 1800's, early 1900's.} Most probably were taken down during the 20th century, but they are great historical landmarks if your town is fortunate enough to still keep them maintained.

Just watched a report on Michelle Obama's secret shopping adventures. She often goes out in disguise to do some shopping. So far she has not been recognized. Is it safe? Is it wise? Or is it understandable and ok for her to want to be like a regular citizen? What are your thoughts?

She can do as she pleases.

Well, considering that her Secret Service detail is always around somewhere, yeah.....it's probably as safe as it can be.

Besides.........think about this.........if YOU were constantly under the scruitiny of the world, and living in a large glass fishbowl, wouldn't YOU want to get out from under the thumb of everyone once in a while and just go do something normal like shopping?

I know I would.

Mrs_Obama_shopping_at_Target2_110929.jpg

I remember two or so years ago when PMS-NBC was trying to compare Meechelle to Jackie O. That's like comparing Joy Blowhard to Nancy Reagan. I don't recall Jackie Kennedy shopping at "The General Store" back in the 60's. {for those of you kids here under 25(lol), "The General Store" was like a Mini-Wal Mart of the late 1800's, early 1900's.} Most probably were taken down during the 20th century, but they are great historical landmarks if your town is fortunate enough to still keep them maintained.

The General Store was where Gene London worked.

geeeze, I expect any day now we will have a article telling us they use the same type toilet paper us peons do..

geeeze, I expect any day now we will have a article telling us they use the same type toilet paper us peons do..
I too, think it was a ploy...politically speaking...but she is free to do as she wishes...just wish she wouldn't subject herself to being used as a political tool.

And one other tidbit regarding this? As she is a citizen and can do what she wishes? Until the time that she becomes so influential as to impede on my liberty (telling us what we can eat, should eat, and all the rest of it for the past couple of years as she puts on da pounds and is caught being hypocritical)?

I will rally against her and her wishes to impede on my liberty.

Forum List

Back