Michele Bachmann Claims HPV Vaccine Causes ‘Mental Retardation’

i think he's being dishonest saying she didn't say it. i think he's parsing words in order to try to defend the ignorant lying wacko

perhaps that wasn't clear?

That was clear. Your support for your opinion disproved your point and proved his.

only to someone who thinks she didn't make the claim she made and is trying to defend the wacko.

thanks for playing. and thanks for your dishonesty.

Well, since your automatic assumption is that people lie about their everyday lives, I guess well have to agree to disagree. The only claim she made was that someone told her a story. You have evidence to the contrary? I do not, therefore, nothing I said was dishonest.

You know, when you already have a reputation for saying things that are factually inaccurate, and you've already made a number of irresponsible (some would say crazy) comments, the best way to salvage your reputation is to be very, VERY careful and check your facts before saying something publicly, especially when you say it on camera.

But some people just never learn. At the VERY least, this reflects poorly on the GOP as a whole since it is increasingly gaining a reputation as the political party of kooks.

Michele Bachmann spoke out against the HPV vaccine this morning on The Today Show, telling Matt Lauer that following last night’s debate, a mother told her that it caused “mental retardation”.

“I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Fla., after the debate,” Bachmann explained. “She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter. The mother was crying when she came up to me last night. I didn’t know who she was before the debate. This is the very real concern and people have to draw their own conclusions.”

Rep. Bachmann | HPV Vaccine Causes | Mental Retardation | Mediaite

Did you even read what you quoted? Bachmann made no such claim. You're either quite stupid, or you're just plain dishonest, or, possibly both.

Bachmann never made any such claim? Wanna bet? FF the video to around the 3:30 mark and hear her say it herself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3NuxEXu0es]Michele Bachmann "A Woman Told Me Her Daughter Suffered Mental Retardation From That Vaccine" - YouTube[/ame]

I think she meant brain damage rather than mental retardation. But in either case Bachmann is a vaccine Luddite who just makes things up as she sees fit

No.... the lady told her it caused mental retardation in her daughter :rolleyes: (no proof mind you)

Michelle then stupidly went and repeated it to the 1st camera that was put in her face.

Very UNpresidential if ya ask me :eusa_whistle:

Just sayin'

you presume that someone actually said that to her. i make no such presumption.

as to the rest... well, we're in agreement. but she's kind of a wack-a-doodle.

That's another avenue the press should pursue. They should ask Bachmann for the name of the woman she spoke to so the press can interview her and do a background story.

But it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the woman in question didn't even exist. If it could be proven that Bachmann just made this story up, I think it could result not only in the end of her campaign, but also the end of her House seat. Minnesotans might just send her back to her husband's clinic to answer the phone and do the bookkeeping.

No.... the lady told her it caused mental retardation in her daughter :rolleyes: (no proof mind you)

Michelle then stupidly went and repeated it to the 1st camera that was put in her face.

Very UNpresidential if ya ask me :eusa_whistle:

Just sayin'

you presume that someone actually said that to her. i make no such presumption.

as to the rest... well, we're in agreement. but she's kind of a wack-a-doodle.

That's another avenue the press should pursue. They should ask Bachmann for the name of the woman she spoke to so the press can interview her and do a background story.

But it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the woman in question didn't even exist. If it could be proven that Bachmann just made this story up, I think it could result not only in the end of her campaign, but also the end of her House seat. Minnesotans might just send her back to her husband's clinic to answer the phone and do the bookkeeping.

We can only hope..............

That was clear. Your support for your opinion disproved your point and proved his.

only to someone who thinks she didn't make the claim she made and is trying to defend the wacko.

Well, since your automatic assumption is that people lie about their everyday lives, I guess well have to agree to disagree. The only claim she made was that someone told her a story. You have evidence to the contrary? I do not, therefore, nothing I said was dishonest.

she made the statement in support of an allegation that the vaccine causes mental retardation.

is that too complicated?

i don't think so. yet you keep making the same assertion. that makes you dishonest.

and if you look above, you might find the specific words you're looking for (i don't know, i can't run that video right now) in case drawing an actual conclusion from someone's words is a bit too difficult for you.

she made the statement in support of an allegation that the vaccine causes mental retardation.

is that too complicated?

i don't think so. yet you keep making the same assertion. that makes you dishonest.

and if you look above, you might find the specific words you're looking for (i don't know, i can't run that video right now) in case drawing an actual conclusion from someone's words is a bit too difficult for you.

I have an honest disagreement with you and that makes me dishonest? That's L-O-L pathetic. I can't run the video either, but our disagreement was with what you quoted and the OP quoted of Bachmann's statements. In neither instance did she make a claim that the vaccine caused retardation. She made a claim that someone had told her a story about it causing mental retardation. She even said to draw your own conclusions. That means she didn't make a definitive claim at all - she just relayed what someone had told her.

Now, if the video actually has her making the claim herself that's another matter. That's just another level of stupid on her stupid blind belief in a stranger.

crusaderfrank-albums-bachmannnnnnn-picture3856-bachman-zombies.jpg

you took the vaccine huh?

I've been wondering if Bachmann took the vaccine. (Maybe a double dose?)

Did you even read what you quoted? Bachmann made no such claim. You're either quite stupid, or you're just plain dishonest, or, possibly both.

That's kinda funny... she said, and i quote that she spoke with a woman who

told me her daughter suffered mental retardation as a result [of the HPV vaccine]. There are very dangerous consequences.”

Bachmann repeated the allegation on the “Today Show” this morning, adding, “It’s very clear that crony capitalism could have likely been the cause, because the governor's former chief of staff was the chief lobbyist for this drug company.”

*skip*

But some conservatives are pushing back on Bachmann’s ‘mental retardation’ claim, saying the candidate went too far.

“The most charitable analysis that can be offered in this case for Bachmann is that she got duped into repeating a vaccine-scare urban legend on national television.” wrote Ed Morrissey on Hot Air today.

(even rusbot said)“Bachmann might have blown it, she might have jumped the shark,” Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show. “There’s no evidence that the vaccine causes mental retardation.”

“Michele Bachmann is overplaying her hand on this issue and it is probably going to go away,” wrote Erick Erickson on RedState.

The Weekly Standard’s John McCormack wrote that “Bachmann seemed to go off the deep end.”

Perry himself has weighed in. “You heard the same arguments about giving our children protections from some of the childhood diseases, and they were, autism was part of that,” he told NBC News. “Now we've subsequently found out that was generated and not true.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...l-retardation/2011/09/13/gIQAbJBcPK_blog.html

Bill Maher;

Bachmann said she had a discussion with a woman who came to her after the debate and said that her daughter had taken the vaccine and became mentally retarded. And Michele Bachmann said, “Mom?”

Forum List

Back