Michael Steele-Vote Republican? “You Really Don't Have a Reason to, to Be Honest”

R

rdean

Michael Steele, current chairman of the Republican National Committee, described the G.O.P.’s political offensive thusly: “For the last 40-plus years we had a 'Southern Strategy' that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South,” according to the Chicago Sun-Times. And as for why any of the 200 African-American students to whom he was speaking should vote Republican, he simply acknowledged: “You really don't have a reason to, to be honest—we haven't done a very good job of really giving you one.

Michael Steele on Why African-Americans Should Vote Republican: “You Really Don't Have a Reason to, to Be Honest” | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

Finally,
Someone in the Republican Party who is telling the truth. What brought that on? I'm temped to vote Republican just because one of them said something true. I admit, I'm flabbergasted. You go Big Mike.

Michael Steele, current chairman of the Republican National Committee, described the G.O.P.’s political offensive thusly: “For the last 40-plus years we had a 'Southern Strategy' that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South,” according to the Chicago Sun-Times. And as for why any of the 200 African-American students to whom he was speaking should vote Republican, he simply acknowledged: “You really don't have a reason to, to be honest—we haven't done a very good job of really giving you one.

Michael Steele on Why African-Americans Should Vote Republican: “You Really Don't Have a Reason to, to Be Honest” | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

Finally,
Someone in the Republican Party who is telling the truth. What brought that on? I'm temped to vote Republican just because one of them said something true. I admit, I'm flabbergasted. You go Big Mike.

He will be corrected and will change his stance tomorrow.

I got my mind right boss....I got my mind right

Eisenhower got, I think the number was, 39% of the black vote in '56. Anyone who still tries to convince you the GOP is the party of Lincoln should be reminded that the GOP is not even the party of Eisenhower.

Eisenhower got, I think the number was, 39% of the black vote in '56. Anyone who still tries to convince you the GOP is the party of Lincoln should be reminded that the GOP is not even the party of Eisenhower.

“I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” - Lyndon B. Johnson

Steele reminds everyone how out of touch the Republican Party is.

Note to RNC: it's OK to fire a Negro if he's a complete and total fuck up like Steele. It's not going to cost you the "Black vote"

Further evidence that Steele needs to go.

Steele is a fucking moron.

He's just being honest. The Republican Party has made little to no effort at all to trying bring more black Americans in their party and try to explain to them why they their policies would be better than the Democrats. They just write them off.

If you love public housing and public schools, keep voting Democrat. If you want choice and freedom, give us a try

I don't see the issue. A politician trying to be honest and open about moving forward. Kinda a breathe of fresh air. Yes, the GOP hasn't given many blacks a reason to vote GOP. Why? It's probably more a question of "What have many blacks wanted from the government in exchange for their vote?"

Answer that question, and yes, the GOP gave them not what they wanted.

He's just being honest. The Republican Party has made little to no effort at all to trying bring more black Americans in their party and try to explain to them why they their policies would be better than the Democrats. They just write them off.

But why? Because those who they have written off don't want what the right is offering: more freedom, yet more responsibility, thus, more consequences for failure. We are not, and have never pretended to be, the party of handouts.

Democrats need a permanent underclass, they need people who have been lead to believe that they cannot survive without a benevolent government

Because it's hard to explain to the "gimme" crowd that by working harder they will get to keep more of what they earn, since they have no earnings.
The GOP would do much better reaching out to Hispanics, as Bush did in both elections, who actually are interested in working hard and getting ahead. Hispanics will outnumber blacks in a few years anyway.

The GOP would do much better reaching out to Hispanics, as Bush did in both elections, who actually are interested in working hard and getting ahead. Hispanics will outnumber blacks in a few years anyway.

Passing laws like they just did in Arizona isn't going to help.

Finally,

I am collecting Steeleisms. My favorite so far is this one, April 5, 2010:

A viewer of ABC's "Good Morning America" asked Steele whether he thinks he has a smaller margin for error because he is African American.

"The honest answer is, 'yes,'" Steele said. "It just is. Barack Obama has a slimmer margin. A lot of folks do. It's a different role for me to play and others to play, and that's just the reality of it. But you take that as a part of the nature of it."

Translation: Sucks to be black, bro. I feel your pain.

LOLOL....sometimes I wonder if the GOP is just goofing on us, or are they still serious about winning elections?

Forum List

Back