Michael Schiavo Campaigning for Dems

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Is this a surprise to anyone?

Michael Schiavo Versus Joe Lieberman
By Nat Hentoff
August 31, 2006

Among the celebrities journeying to Connecticut to support Ned Lamont's campaign to unseat Sen. Joseph Lieberman (now running as an independent, having lost the Democratic primary to Lamont) is Michael Schiavo, known around the world as the husband who finally succeeded in having the feeding tube removed from his late wife, Terri Schiavo.

Schiavo pointedly reminded Connecticut voters that Sen. Lieberman has supported the president and Congressional Republicans in passing emergency legislation involving federal courts in an attempt to save Terri Schiavo's life while he, Michael Schiavo, was respecting her wishes — which she could no longer communicate — to die.

Connecticut voters were not informed that Democrats as well as Republicans were in favor of intervention by federal courts — including Sen. Tom Harkin of Iowa, who is deeply knowledgeable about disability rights.

for full article:
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/hentoff083106.php3

Good for the Dems...They should be welcoming this celebrity into their big tent...Hey if they don't mind being associated with someone who starved their loved one to death......:puke3:

And Terry Schiavo will know that there were a lot of people praying for her, and that she is now in Gods arms and IN PEACE...

Yep, Michael should fit right in with the lefties in control of the Democrat Party. I'm sure those in charge welcome him with open arms and think he's a terrific guy. Starving a "loved one" ("burden" in his case) is such an admirable thing to do that he should be a tremendous draw at the rallies he attends.

Good for the Dems...They should be welcoming this celebrity into their big tent...Hey if they don't mind being associated with someone who starved their loved one to death......:puke3:

And Terry Schiavo will know that there were a lot of people praying for her, and that she is now in Gods arms and IN PEACE...

Perhaps they will do some cost-effective travel and put him and Cindy Sheehan on the same bus.

Terri Schiavo is a very good example of the hatred that liberals express, and their lack of the ability so see any issue except through their own warped hate of anything they find objectionable.

Terri Schindler's parents are Christian. Most liberals I engaged with on message boards during the case could not get past that fact. They didn't care which special interests were supporting Michael Schiavo, they only cared that Terri's parents were getting support from the right. Christian groups. Right to Lilfe groups. That's all they saw, and that's all they cared about.

The left's deep seated hatred for Christians is so ingrained in them that they were totally incapable off seeing anything from the Schindlers point of view at all. Here were parents who wanted to keep their little girl alive. But yet because they are Christians, and because they got the support of groups that are historically the enemies of the left, that woman had to die. No other outcome would be considered a "win".

Michael Schiavo's behavoir after Terri's death should have made him a pariah. His actions, his words. If anyone doubted his motives before he suceeded in having Terri killed, what he did after she died should have been proof positive of what a control freak asshole that man is. He wanted Terri dead so that he could get married again. And more importantly, he wanted to hurt the Schindlers.

They were her parents. She was their little girl. They should have had legal standing. This case was the opposite of what the gay rights movement has supposedly been fighting for. Marriage? Terri Schiavo is dead for one reason only: she married an asshole.

For the Left to embrace Schiavo is despicable. But that's what they do.

Y'all are making a mistake - the left isn't embracing Mike Schiavo - they're using him while he suits their needs. When he ceases to be useful, they'll toss him aside like they have done Sheehan several times.

i dont think a majority of people supported what he did to his wife. atleast if they knew what he actually did. Unfortunately too few people know what really happened.

i dont think a majority of people supported what he did to his wife. atleast if they knew what he actually did. Unfortunately too few people know what really happened.

Oh, they knew.

I'm an atheist. I pretty much have contempt for all religious people. But the contempt liberals have for Christians will never cease to amaze me. People who throw around words like "bigot" and "racist" and "homophobe" have absolutely no qualms about calling Christians every name in the book.

I had discussions with people who posted as if they knew Terri's medical condition better than her doctors did. "Her brain was liquified". Oh, they loved to spout that one.

Except whenever I would ask one of these people who were hell bent on allowing Michael Schiavo to kill his wife why, if her brain was "liquiifed", did it matter? If Terri was a total vegetable, as they were so sure she was, why did it matter if her parents tried to keep her alive and wanted to take care of her? If she was that bad, she wouldn't know anyway, so why not give her parents the right to take care of her? She's a vegetable, remember?

They'd spout bullshit about "dignity". Please. Dignity would have been if after the last appeal failed the court had allowed a doctor to go into Terri's room and give her enough morphine to kill her instantly. That would have been dignity. Terri Schiavo died a horrible death that we wouldn't allow a dog.

But Michael Schiavo won, the Christian right lost, and none of these liberals gave a crap that her parents were forced to watch their little girl die a slow horrible death while they were villified for trying to do anything they could to keep her alive.

I've never seen such hatred directed at anybody as I saw directed at the Schindlers. Pure hatred.

Oh, they knew.

I'm an atheist. I pretty much have contempt for all religious people. But the contempt liberals have for Christians will never cease to amaze me. People who throw around words like "bigot" and "racist" and "homophobe" have absolutely no qualms about calling Christians every name in the book.

I had discussions with people who posted as if they knew Terri's medical condition better than her doctors did. "Her brain was liquified". Oh, they loved to spout that one.

Except whenever I would ask one of these people who were hell bent on allowing Michael Schiavo to kill his wife why, if her brain was "liquiifed", did it matter? If Terri was a total vegetable, as they were so sure she was, why did it matter if her parents tried to keep her alive and wanted to take care of her? If she was that bad, she wouldn't know anyway, so why not give her parents the right to take care of her? She's a vegetable, remember?

They'd spout bullshit about "dignity". Please. Dignity would have been if after the last appeal failed the court had allowed a doctor to go into Terri's room and give her enough morphine to kill her instantly. That would have been dignity. Terri Schiavo died a horrible death that we wouldn't allow a dog.
But Michael Schiavo won, the Christian right lost, and none of these liberals gave a crap that her parents were forced to watch their little girl die a slow horrible death while they were villified for trying to do anything they could to keep her alive.

I've never seen such hatred directed at anybody as I saw directed at the Schindlers. Pure hatred.

Correction .... IF one did that to a dog, the SPCA would have you up on so many charges you'd never get out of debt paying legal fees, and probably do some jail time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back