Michael Reagan May Run Against Feinstein

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This year, as 1,000 GOP activists gather today in Los Angeles for their fall convention, things are different, as even the California Republican Party chairman has no idea who will take on 19-year-incumbent Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein next year - and no major candidates have stepped up.

But the landscape may change soon, analysts said, given Feinstein's recent campaign money problems and a Field Poll released today that gives one of California's most consistently popular politicians a 41 percent approval rating, the lowest of her Senate career.

One person considering a run, The Chronicle has learned, is Michael Reagan, a former conservative talk-radio host and the son of former President Ronald Reagan.

Republicans may consider a challenge to Feinstein less foreboding after the survey of 1,001 registered voters found that 39 percent disapprove of Feinstein's performance and 20 percent have no opinion.

For the first time since being elected to the Senate in 1992, a plurality - 44 percent - of Field Poll respondents were "not inclined" to vote for her while 41 percent were. The margin of error for the survey is plus or minus 3.2 percentage points.

At the same point before each of her three previous re-election bids, at least 52 percent of Field Poll respondents were inclined to support her.

Feinstein weak in poll, but no GOP challenger yet

I have a difficult time believing Feinstein will lose reelection, especially considering that even as unpopular as Barbara Boxer is, she still managed to win even during the most successful Republican year in a generation. It would be nice to see a semi-competitive Senate race in California, though. Usually they're a walk.

Carly Fiorina was an exceptionally poor candidate, and Boxer just nosed her out....She was basically Meg Whitman without the illegal alien housekeeper baggage.

Much fault as I find in Reagan, he'll be a much more forceful, energetic and buzz-generating candidate.

Carly Fiorina was an exceptionally poor candidate, and Boxer just nosed her out....She was basically Meg Whitman without the illegal alien housekeeper baggage.

Much fault as I find in Reagan, he'll be a much more forceful, energetic and buzz-generating candidate.

He will get crushed. I doubt he makes it out of the republican primary.

Two words: Weiner seat

CA needs to get split into three States: North Mexico, Real Workers and Northern Slackers

Last edited:

Two words: Weiner seat

Four words:

Meg Whitman, Carly Farino.

Forum List

Back