Miami Mayor Proposes Renter "Stimulus" to Give You Back Your Own Money

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
For months, Congress has stalled on a federal COVID-19 relief bill while struggling Americans have lost jobs, homes, and loved ones. Despite federal protections, renters in Miami and across Florida are facing eviction and being kicked out of their homes because of the job loss and financial ruin wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic.

But in a CNN Business editorial published yesterday, City of Miami Mayor Francis Suarez says he has a stimulus plan that will rescue renters.

"[W]e're pushing forward with a Renter Stimulus Plan, which would unlock a $45 billion stimulus at the local level — an average of nearly $1,400 per American renter," Suarez writes in the editorial, which is co-authored by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and entrepreneur Ankur Jain.

Get this......it's the security deposit. This is ludicrous. That isn't going to get it. He knows that but it's his way of doing nothing/something.

For months, Congress has stalled on a federal COVID-19 relief bill while struggling Americans have lost jobs, homes, and loved ones. Despite federal protections, renters in Miami and across Florida are facing eviction and being kicked out of their homes because of the job loss and financial ruin wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic.

But in a CNN Business editorial published yesterday, City of Miami Mayor Francis Suarez says he has a stimulus plan that will rescue renters.

"[W]e're pushing forward with a Renter Stimulus Plan, which would unlock a $45 billion stimulus at the local level — an average of nearly $1,400 per American renter," Suarez writes in the editorial, which is co-authored by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and entrepreneur Ankur Jain.

Get this......it's the security deposit. This is ludicrous. That isn't going to get it. He knows that but it's his way of doing nothing/something.
The ruin was wrought by govt.

I want all poor people evicted so I can buy up there homes and then rent them back to them.
I discussed this with my fellow white supremacists yesterday. It was after our klan meeting, but before our “climate change kicks ass” meeting.

The ruin was wrought by govt.
That's exactly what I was going to say, the stupid virus didn't do anything. The gov't is entirely responsible for the over reaction and economic collapse. It's a Dempanic.
its a standard dem tactic,,
create the crisis and then provide the solution,,
This guy is a Republican.
bad choice of words on my part,, should have used progressives,,,

Forum List

Back