Miami landlord is SLAMMED after filming himself telling a tenant of 10 YEARS.....

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
......who has kids and works two jobs - that he's raising her rent from $1,100 to $2,500

A landlord has been slammed on social media after sharing a video appearing to show him telling a tenant that he was going to raise her rent by more than double the amount she was paying.

Real estate investor Raul Bolufe, from Miami, can be seen in a TikTok video on the phone to a woman who he says rents one of the properties he recently purchased.

He explains that she is currently paying $1,100 a month, which is a 'pretty low price' considering the area and 'today's market,' and similar properties in the neighborhood are going for about $2,500.

Raul suggests he could 'take the lower end of $2,200,' to which the woman who says she has lived in the building for 10 years exclaims: 'Are you kidding me? That has to be a joke! I can't afford that s***. I have kids and I'm already working two jobs as it is. Where do you want me to go now?'

To date the clip has been viewed more than one million times, with many commenters claiming that Raul's rent-raising tactics should be illegal.

Realizing that the tenant is not willing to cooperate, Raul tells her: 'If you don't wanna stay for that price, I'm going to have to put [out] a 30-day notice you could leave peacefully on time, but I definitely can't make it work at that current rent amount.'

In response to Raul's ultimatum, the woman tells him she is going to call her brothers.

She then informs him: 'I dare you to try to pull up and give us the eviction notice. This is ridiculous. I'm not paying over double my rent.

Raul concludes by saying the woman has left him with no other option than to call the sheriff.

The property pro's third installment left viewers equally as divided.

One person sided with Raul, writing: 'Evict her now. Insurance in Florida has nearly doubled. Landlord is not running a charity. He tried to be nice.'

However, another disagreed with the landlord's actions, writing: 'Gotta take her side in this one, especially since there might be laws that put a cap on how much you can increase rent, but doubling it man is wrong.'

In 2021, there was an average 20 per cent increase across the US's biggest 50 cities, which forced many renters to dig deep into their savings, downsize to subpar units or fall behind on payments.

Nowhere was the jump bigger than in the Miami metro area, where the median rent surged to a whopping $2,850, 49.8 percent higher than the previous year.

Then in May 2022, median rent in Manhattan hit an all-time high of $4,000 per month, a 40 per cent increase from the previous year.

Previously Kelsey Barberio, 27, revealed in a TikTok video that the rent for her apartment had been raised from $2,100 to $4,175 - a nearly 100 per cent increase after just two years.

Experts say many factors are responsible for sustained astronomical rents, including a nationwide housing shortage, extremely low rental vacancies and unrelenting demand as young adults continue to enter the crowded market.

More with VIDEO

More than a bit crass on the owner's part but renting for 10 years?

Even saving like $200 a month during that time would leave you with $24,000 (excluding interest or other gains) that you could use towards down payment of actual ownership of property.

How much you wanna bet she was all in on the Covid rent moratorium.

10 years with no increase? None at all, over 10 years? The previous landlord/manager was asleep on the job.

There is a way to guarantee your rent doesn't change over the course of many years. It's called getting a mortgage.

His method of filming this for TikTok shows he is a total douche, but if you play the rent game, a surprise like this can always be waiting for you. Landlords near big cities want to get as much money as they can, and if you can't pay, you're likely gone.

Who is right and who is wrong isn't important.

What is important is that America has ignored social reponsibility for too long and now the chickens are coming home.

This not only due to the culture of guns but could also cause another increase in gun violence. (social irresponsibility that is )

All lack of socially responsibility can be discussed as a whole and that included the mass murder problem and the reasons why it continues to grow.

His method of filming this for TikTok shows he is a total douche, but if you play the rent game, a surprise like this can always be waiting for you. Landlords near big cities want to get as much money as they can, and if you can't pay, you're likely gone.
Widen the conversation so it becomes an analysis of the lack of social responsibility.
To look at this story in isolation is to avoid the root causes.

It is called market place pricing.

The douchebags in this situation are the idiots that voted for Joe Potatohead that caused the massive inflation we see nowadays.

Rents are just as subject to Potatohead's inflation as all the other things that have increased in price since the shithead stole the election.

Potatohead letting millions of goddamn Illegals flood in hasn't helped the apartment rent pricing either.

She can just move to one of the Democrat controlled big shithole and go homeless, live in a tent and collect $50K a year in welfare. She wouldn't even be arrested if she committed a crime. If she is Black she may even get a huge reparation payment.

......who has kids and works two jobs - that he's raising her rent from $1,100 to $2,500

A landlord has been slammed on social media after sharing a video appearing to show him telling a tenant that he was going to raise her rent by more than double the amount she was paying.

Real estate investor Raul Bolufe, from Miami, can be seen in a TikTok video on the phone to a woman who he says rents one of the properties he recently purchased.

He explains that she is currently paying $1,100 a month, which is a 'pretty low price' considering the area and 'today's market,' and similar properties in the neighborhood are going for about $2,500.

Raul suggests he could 'take the lower end of $2,200,' to which the woman who says she has lived in the building for 10 years exclaims: 'Are you kidding me? That has to be a joke! I can't afford that s***. I have kids and I'm already working two jobs as it is. Where do you want me to go now?'

To date the clip has been viewed more than one million times, with many commenters claiming that Raul's rent-raising tactics should be illegal.

Realizing that the tenant is not willing to cooperate, Raul tells her: 'If you don't wanna stay for that price, I'm going to have to put [out] a 30-day notice you could leave peacefully on time, but I definitely can't make it work at that current rent amount.'

In response to Raul's ultimatum, the woman tells him she is going to call her brothers.

She then informs him: 'I dare you to try to pull up and give us the eviction notice. This is ridiculous. I'm not paying over double my rent.

Raul concludes by saying the woman has left him with no other option than to call the sheriff.

One person sided with Raul, writing: 'Evict her now. Insurance in Florida has nearly doubled. Landlord is not running a charity. He tried to be nice.'

However, another disagreed with the landlord's actions, writing: 'Gotta take her side in this one, especially since there might be laws that put a cap on how much you can increase rent, but doubling it man is wrong.'

In 2021, there was an average 20 per cent increase across the US's biggest 50 cities, which forced many renters to dig deep into their savings, downsize to subpar units or fall behind on payments.

Nowhere was the jump bigger than in the Miami metro area, where the median rent surged to a whopping $2,850, 49.8 percent higher than the previous year.

Then in May 2022, median rent in Manhattan hit an all-time high of $4,000 per month, a 40 per cent increase from the previous year.

Previously Kelsey Barberio, 27, revealed in a TikTok video that the rent for her apartment had been raised from $2,100 to $4,175 - a nearly 100 per cent increase after just two years.

Experts say many factors are responsible for sustained astronomical rents, including a nationwide housing shortage, extremely low rental vacancies and unrelenting demand as young adults continue to enter the crowded market.

More with VIDEO

Even saving like $200 a month during that time would leave you with $24,000 (excluding interest or other gains) that you could use towards down payment of actual ownership of property.

10 years with no increase? None at all, over 10 years? The previous landlord/manager was asleep on the job.

There is a way to guarantee your rent doesn't change over the course of many years. It's called getting a mortgage.

My grandfather was the kindest man I knew and he made a simple comment that never left me in the context of a broader discussion about one particular man he knew and his greed: "_____, you would be surprised what people will do for money".

There is little decency or humanity in anyone who operates as this landlord has. I've met far worse personally unfortunately. It goes beyond greed with some to pure evil and enjoyment in being a corrupt sinner.

More with VIDEO

How much the local government charges him for taxes on that rental property should be brought to light. I guarantee they're making more than he is off of it. It's not landlords, it's greedy local government and big banks.

How much the local government charges him for taxes on that rental property should be brought to light. I guarantee they're making more than he is off of it. It's not landlords, it's greedy local government and big banks.
But he pays taxes, only on his rent profit.....?

The property tax is a deduction of expences ... no?

The guy's a young, rich, entitled thinking prick, with no sense of honor.... to put this on TikTok....

Give the loyal 10 year tenant with kids, a year's notice that her rent is going to more than double....for goodness sake! Giving her time to find another place, while working two jobs.

My grandfather was the kindest man I knew and he made a simple comment that never left me in the context of a broader discussion about one particular man he knew and his greed: "_____, you would be surprised what people will do for money".

There is little decency or humanity in anyone who operates as this landlord has. I've met far worse personally unfortunately. It goes beyond greed with some to pure evil and enjoyment in being a corrupt sinner.

Any sensible and pragmatic landlord would have encouraged his local Wagner Group Wannabees to visit this thieving woman and help her see the error of her ways .
Gentle persuasion .
This man was a fool to himself .

But he pays taxes, only on his rent profit.....?

The property tax is a deduction of expences ... no?

The guy's a young, rich, entitled thinking prick, with no sense of honor.... to put this on TikTok....

Give the loyal 10 year tenant with kids, a year's notice that her rent is going to more than double....for goodness sake! Giving her time to find another place, while working two jobs.
No, silly girl. Any property that isn't homestead exempt and claimed as rental property pays 400%-ish more than normal property taxes.

The government makes more "rent" than the owner. About 2/3 more and doesn't have to upkeep anything. It's 2/3 of the reason housing prices are so high. The other part is allowing big banks with lots of capital to buy up single family homes to rent out. (that discourages people from taking out mortgages and owning homes) And then there's the section 8 factor..where the Fed subsidizes that. It's a big untenable mess right now.

Last edited:
I'm a landlord, and I keep my rent slightly below the market rate. I could get $300 - $400 a month more than I charge, but I want tenants who are going to stick around for a while. Every time I need to get a new tenant, my property is vacant for at least a month, and the company that manages my property charges me $1000 for getting a new tenant.

Forum List

Back