Mezmerising- I have to post this

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
This video (and his appearance at the CMA awards show when he did Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain) made a believer of me.
I've seen him in person a few times, combining that with this particular video is what made me find that word - mesmerizing-

full disclosure: I figured it out years ago, (mesmerizing), but it just came back to me recently- mesmerizing- he does that to an audience.
People are captivated by his style and stage presence, but, I think his stage presence is just an extension of who he is as a person.
I read his book, Me and Sister Bobbi, which validates that opinion- he is the real deal. This particular video also gives Bobbi an opportunity to shine on the piano- as well as the harmonica player, Mickey Raphael-

The title, "I have to post this" is because I'm feeling it-
I don't normally put a lot of stock in celebrity-and I'm also a believer in intellect over emotion, but, Willie is the epitome of the Wandering Minstrel- there are others whose music (and performances) I enjoy, and there are other songs that I feel- but, this one has climbed near the top of my favorites list

I've heard other singers do that song. The background instrumentals were always full and continuous. Willy understands that less background distraction forces you to focus on what he wants you to feel. You feel his music more than you hear it. Willie's music is always clean, and not muddled.

• Banned
I've heard other singers do that song. The background instrumentals were always full and continuous. Willy understands that less background distraction forces you to focus on what he wants you to feel. You feel his music more than you hear it. Willie's music is always clean, and not muddled.
Yes, over produced, which is what Willie didn't want in his career, voila! Outlaw Country Music-

This article touches on that

Seen him in concert and I agree less is better it was a terrific and enjoyable concert. He like interacting with the audience and his music was clear and no need for special effects or blasting the music loudly as possible. Emmy Lou Harris and Nash Ramblers was the opening act.

Willie is Willie. I know that sounds absurd, but no other description is adequate.

Forum List

Back