Mexico's travel alert for Arizona

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
Mexico's Foreign Ministry issued this travel alert on Tuesday, April 27, for Mexicans visiting, residing or studying in Arizona:

Following the adoption in the state of Arizona, United States, of the "Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act" (SB1070), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico makes the following recommendations to Mexican nationals who have scheduled trips to that entity, or that reside or study in its territory:

1. In recent days there have been public demonstrations and protests in different cities against the decision of the Governor of the state to sign the law. The events have always been peaceful. It is important to act with prudence and respect local laws.

2. The law will take effect 90 days after the end of the current session of the State Legislature. Thus, at this moment the legal framework remains unchanged. However, as was clear during the legislative process, there is a negative political environment for migrant communities and for all Mexican visitors.

3. Under the new law, foreigners who do not carry the immigration documents issued to them when entering the United States may be arrested and sent to immigration detention centers. Carrying the available documentation, even before the law comes into force, will help avoid needless confrontations. As long no clear criteria are defined for when, where and who the authorities will inspect, it must be assumed that every Mexican citizen may be harassed and questioned without further cause at any time.

4. The new law will also make it illegal to hire or be hired from a motor vehicle stopped on a roadway or highway, regardless of the immigration status of those involved. While these rules are also not yet in force, extreme caution should be used.

5. Mexican nationals who are in the United States, regardless of their immigration status, have inalienable human rights and can resort to protection mechanisms under international law, U.S. federal law, and Arizona state law. The functions of the five Mexican consulates in Arizona (Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma, Nogales and Douglas) include providing legal advice to all Mexicans who consider they have been subjected to any abuse by the authorities. Nongovernmental organizations have also announced their intention to support those in need.

6. Mexicans in Arizona requiring consular assistance may use the toll-free consular protection phone number, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 1-877-6326-6785 (1-877-63CONSUL). The consular network in Arizona has a permanent telephone service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Mexico's travel alert for Arizona

So what's to fear??? Mexico has a handle on it. WE provide more rights to their people here than they do in Mexico!!

What about 'travel alerts' issued by our own state department? They tell us to have passports, papers, etc, etc, and etc. Has the entire world became a police state....

It's the sign of the times. The world could not stay the same AFTER 9/11. Our pourous borders make us sitting ducks for terrorists who don't give a damn about laws. I'm sure that the drug cartels already have terrorists from the middle east in their mist. And why do we worry more about the police stopping us and asking if we should be in the USA than worry about our pourous borders? On that subject alone governor Brewer had every right to do what she did. We as americans can be, and are, very, very naive - and the criminal element of the whole world knows that.

You know...........it's perfectly logical for a government to warn its citizens about rules changing in places other than their country.

Shit.........had lots of State Department warnings and advisories for many places I've visited for a lot less than what Mexico has issued one for.

You know...........it's perfectly logical for a government to warn its citizens about rules changing in places other than their country.

Shit.........had lots of State Department warnings and advisories for many places I've visited for a lot less than what Mexico has issued one for.
Yep. I'd be surprised if every country in South America and Latin America, not to mention Spain and Portugal and maybe Italy and most of the Caribbean, didn't issue the same warning.

They'd be stupid not to.

Americans have been getting beaten, robbed and kidnapped in Mexico and now they issue travel warnings against their hooligans coming here?

A-friggin'-mazing! :lol:
Yuh...because everyone in Mexico is a hooligan. Racist, much?

Yep. I'd be surprised if every country in South America and Latin America, not to mention Spain and Portugal and maybe Italy and most of the Caribbean, didn't issue the same warning.

They'd be stupid not to.

I wonder if places like Russia, Germany, or any other white nation is going to have to issue the same kind of warnings for their citizens as well?

Probably not though, it's only targeted for those that are more brown than just a tan.

You know, the law in Arizona is just as racist as the law that made cannabis illegal. Both laws were designed SPECIFICALLY to target non-whites.

Cannabis was made illegal because Anslinger was a racist and the major consumers of cannabis were Hispanic and Black people.

Now, they're making it illegal to be brown in Arizona, period.

Sailor and Ravi... you two might just as well be reasoning with a 2-yr old toddler.

The US drops the "big one" on Mexico because of illegal immigration and these flag-waving, chest-thumping, pseudo patriotic bozos will still be here trying to sell the genocide as "legitimate defense" against illegal immigration.

Mexico issues a PIECE OF PAPER to warn its own citizens or to comment on a US decision that directly affects Mexican citizens and the diplomatic document is immediately treated as a declaration of war. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Americans have been getting beaten, robbed and kidnapped in Mexico and now they issue travel warnings against their hooligans coming here?

Since when does pointing out that American travelers in Mexico have been victims of violent crimes, become an indictment of ALL Mexicans, you pinhead?

Mexico's Foreign Ministry issued this travel alert on Tuesday, April 27, for Mexicans visiting, residing or studying in Arizona:

4. The new law will also make it illegal to hire or be hired from a motor vehicle stopped on a roadway or highway, regardless of the immigration status of those involved. While these rules are also not yet in force, extreme caution should be used.

:eusa_eh:

I guess the new law is gonna play hell with the Mexican Prostitution Business

They'd be stupid not to.

Yuh...because everyone in arizona is a hooligan. Racist, much

Since when does pointing out that American travelers in Mexico have been victims of violent crimes, become an indictment of ALL Mexicans, you pinhead?
Conveniently ignoring the second part of your statement. Quick Dud, edit it out...you have the power.

They'd be stupid not to.

Yuh...because everyone in arizona is a hooligan. Racist, much
Doesn't even make sense, Yurt, but thanks for trying.

Mexico and every country on this planet have a right to warn their people on what they perceive to be a danger to their citizens inside the country as well as out. AZ as a state in the continental U.S.A. has the same right. And if the feds turn the other cheek to those dangers, than it falls on each state to protect their citizens by whatever means possible - as long as it's within the law! Stopping citizens to question them based on the color of their skin is NOT legal in the USA. Therefore I'm sure that extreme measuers will be taken by AZ to make sure that this does NOT happen. Everybody should chill and know that this hysteria is based on political crap!

Forum List

Back