Mexico City ban on single-use plastic has unintended consequence

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Oops...Green Initiative has women seeing Red in Mexico City:

A recently enacted ban on single-use plastics in Mexico is raising tampon concerns in one of the world’s largest cities.
On Jan. 1, Mexico City prohibited the use of plastic materials including forks, straws and cups, in a bid to turn Mexico’s capital into a more eco-friendly, sustainable destination.
However, as Reuters reported on Thursday, the ban is now causing concerns among people who rely on tampons with plastic applicators — which have begun to disappear off the shelves in the capital.

Some activists are saying that banning the product in the city of 9.2 million people can lead to “menstrual poverty” for those who can’t afford greener alternatives, which are often more expensive and harder to find.

..dumbass politicians --constantly making laws on a lot of dumbshit and rarely on important issues

I don't know about any of that, and it frankly scares me a little bit, but a quick Google will tell you the first aplicators were cardboard, and cardboard is still in common use. I'm just sayin.

How in the world did humans exist for thousands of years without single use tampons?
Women were banished to all female residences where they lived during their menses with other women. Or they used folded pieces of cloth. Tampax is banned. Not kotex.

How in the world did humans exist for thousands of years without single use tampons?

Wait just a minute! There's a RE-USABLE tampon?!

420.jpg

Just look how much cleaner Mexico City is not that they banned single use plastics.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0168e69f39a9970c.jpg

Oops...Green Initiative has women seeing Red in Mexico City:

A recently enacted ban on single-use plastics in Mexico is raising tampon concerns in one of the world’s largest cities.
On Jan. 1, Mexico City prohibited the use of plastic materials including forks, straws and cups, in a bid to turn Mexico’s capital into a more eco-friendly, sustainable destination.
However, as Reuters reported on Thursday, the ban is now causing concerns among people who rely on tampons with plastic applicators — which have begun to disappear off the shelves in the capital.

Some activists are saying that banning the product in the city of 9.2 million people can lead to “menstrual poverty” for those who can’t afford greener alternatives, which are often more expensive and harder to find.

Tampax has never had plastic applicators.

Theirs are made of paper.

Simple solution.

I don't know about any of that, and it frankly scares me a little bit, but a quick Google will tell you the first aplicators were cardboard, and cardboard is still in common use. I'm just sayin.

Exactly.

The most selling tampon, Tampax, has never had plastic applicators.

This is ridiculous.

Just buy Tampax.

Forum List

Back