Mexico Citizens forced to take the Law in to their own hands.

It is sad that Mexico can't get solid leadership and eradicate the scourge of the drug cartels. They have ruined that country and they are trying to ruin ours. The real problem is that government officials at every level are paid off by the cartels. So the good citizens have no choice but to be their own police force. It's truly pathetic. I've been to many parts of Mexico but I haven't traveled there in years because it just isn't safe anymore.

it looks good to me , too bad that the farmers have no effective and efficient Guns though .

• Banned
It is sad that Mexico can't get solid leadership and eradicate the scourge of the drug cartels. They have ruined that country and they are trying to ruin ours. The real problem is that government officials at every level are paid off by the cartels. So the good citizens have no choice but to be their own police force. It's truly pathetic. I've been to many parts of Mexico but I haven't traveled there in years because it just isn't safe anymore.
When the Citizen have take over the legal system it is never pretty. It is a sign that the Legal system is failing. The Cartels are the problem the Mexican DEA end up with gun fights in the outside the areas. The need a A10 to make a run or a gun ship.

Obrador is trying his best to turn things around. His formation of a national police force has not yet been completed.

There are certainly parts of Mexico where lawlesness rules and locals have formed armed militias to fight back.

• Banned
Obrador is trying his best to turn things around. His formation of a national police force has not yet been completed.

There are certainly parts of Mexico where lawlesness rules and locals have formed armed militias to fight back.
That is why the USA citizen prize the 2nd adm and a Militia without guns are a joke.

Right, but what happens when the leaders of the citizen militias start taking bribes from the drug cartels?

There's no end to it when most people in your country are corrupt.

Right, but what happens when the leaders of the citizen militias start taking bribes from the drug cartels?

The militias have no "leaders" as such. Only those selected by the majority to be in front when they act.

I think there is a misdirect going on here. Most cartels rely on common citizens to work for them and usually pay very well, including making improvements to their villages.

The groups the militias are rising up against are gangsters and usually have little to do with the big cartels.

In the final analysis the obvious problem is the wholly counterproductive War on Drugs which is the lifeblood of the cartels. Use of the most common recreational drugs should be legalized and controlled by federal regulation in a manner similar to that of beverage alcohol. The immediate benefits would be a substantial reduction in criminal activity, an intelligent and effective approach to eliminating addiction, significantly reduced access to drugs by minors, an end to the wasteful cost of drug law enforcement along with input of massive tax revenue. The use of recreational drugs cannot be eliminated but it can be controlled -- as is the use of beverage alcohol.

Forum List

Back