META (Facebook) Banning Conservatives over their opinions.....

Only in your pea brain mind... Your side was burning cities to the ground... and you ass holes were claiming that it was a peaceful protest... You people are outright liars.
Kind of like having your side beating police officers with baseball bats and fire extinguishers and claiming they were no different then a normal tour group.

BINGO... We have a winner...

And if they don't, label them a public utility for hire and break them up.
You don’t have to pick. The law allows them to moderate their own platforms.

If you want to make them a public utility, pass a law to do so. Good luck.

You don’t have to pick. The law allows them to moderate their own platforms.

If you want to make them a public utility, pass a law to do so. Good luck.
And there it is... Defend you ability to censor those platforms and people you disagree with... No need to debate.. Just force what you want... You are good little statist.

And there it is... Defend you ability to censor those platforms and people you disagree with... No need to debate.. Just force what you want... You are good little statist.
People that own the platform get to make the rules.

It’s not the state that’s doing it. The statist is the one that wants to use the state to force their will on people. That’s what you want. You’re the statist.

We live in perilous times and we as Good Men and Women must stand up or we will lose our freedoms forever. Facebook is giving democrats donations in kind for active censorship of opposing views.
That society, and by that I mean all Americans of all political persuasions, is allowing this Democrat government regime and their media allies to define and censor citizens commentary as "misinformation" or "disinformation" is terrifying. This trend is precisely why the First Amendment was added to the US Constitution.

That is not what I said. It's called equal treatment of opposing opinions.

There is absolutely nothing which can compel Facebook to treat opposing opinions equally; absolutely nothing, nor should there be.

They have become the town square and that dialogue must be treated equally, not treated as unlawful speech.

Your characterization of it as a "defacto town square" doesn't change the reality of the situation. Facebook is a private company which can, should and will act in the manner they best believe will serve their shareholders.

Period.

META has powers over the national discourse that they are not entitled to control.

How are they keeping you from saying what's on your mind?

They are acting as a partisan actor in political debate, which is protected speech on every platform.

But it's not.

Do you believe you should be permitted to say whatever you want on USMB? After all, you said "every platform", right? But, when you signed up, didn't you agree to the rules of USMB?

Here, let me refresh your memory:

USMB Rule & Guidelines

How is it that USMB can have rules regarding what can be said in posts but Facebook cannot? That makes no sense. While USMB isn't as big as Facebook, it is a platform on which individuals post their opinions. So, given that, should Facebook be allowed to have rules or should all of the rules at USMB be removed?

The bottom line is that, until Facebook becomes publicly funded, your argument will fall short...

ITs called the freedom to associate with those with like opinions. You all don't like our opinions. We have the right to be there as well, so your answer is not to debate them but to silence them... Why is that? Are your positions so weak that you cannot defend them?

It is a private company, you have no right at all to be there.

I have nothing at all to do with if you can stay there or not

Because social media is now the digital commons, and one side has decided only their viewpoint is allowable in said commons?

Then start a new commons, like Trump did. No matter what you call them, they are still owned and operated as private companies and they owe you nothing .

NO! Again, your conflating equal treatment with statism.

I've been on Facebook for over a decade and a half. At no point did I ever see the phrase "equal treatment" regarding posts anywhere in the user agreement.

I would be happy to learn where it's posted...

This is something Leftists like @Golfing Gator and @Superbadbrutha don't get. Facebook is the single largest social media platform in the country, let alone the world. And any chance to set up an "alternative" platform geared towards a more Conservative POV will never get off the ground. This is why Parler and MeWe don't ever get the same exposure and this is also why Zuckerberg needs to be pressured, and pressured HARD to lay off of Conservatives.

That is what they said about MySpace before FB came along.

Forum List

Back