Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
'

Thank you, enjoyed that. BTW what do you think of that big ice sheet in Antartica that ready break off and collapse into the ocean. It's the size of Florida and is suppose to raise the levels of the earth's oceans by 19 inches almost instantly when it does. I would think something that big would also cause tidal waves.

Thank you, enjoyed that. BTW what do you think of that big ice sheet in Antartica that ready break off and collapse into the ocean. It's the size of Florida and is suppose to raise the levels of the earth's oceans by 19 inches almost instantly when it does. I would think something that big would also cause tidal waves.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas.

I'm at work. Checking in between rounds. Work most every Christmas Eve and Christmas so more of the women ( especially those who are Christians and have children can stay home at this glorious time for them ). Thanks again, Stan. Going into last rounds, will be busy the rest of the night. Good bye.

Merry Christmas to all Christians. Happy holidays to everyone else. May you find peace and happiness in this world.
Merry Christmas! The actual Christmas.

Orthodox Christmas day occurs every January 7 because the Orthodox Church still chooses to celebrate the birth of Jesus as per the Julian calendar. The new Gregorian calendar that is currently in use today led to a new Christmas Day on December 25 due to the addition of new elements that changed the calendar year.

Orthodox Christmas day occurs every January 7 because the Orthodox Church still chooses to celebrate the birth of Jesus as per the Julian calendar. The new Gregorian calendar that is currently in use today led to a new Christmas Day on December 25 due to the addition of new elements that changed the calendar year.
Thank you, in my hometown of Peckville, Pennsylvania ( borough of Blakely ) we had a Russian Orthodox Church. I remember envying my classmates who who were Russian because they got to celebrate Christmas twice.

Thank you, in my hometown of Peckville, Pennsylvania ( borough of Blakely ) we had a Russian Orthodox Church. I remember envying my classmates who who were Russian because they got to celebrate Christmas twice.
Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas ! Almost forgot to say that, then I said it wants and it looked like I was saying Merry Christmas to myself so I'm saying it one more time hopefully I got it right this time. Merry Christmas to you and all our fellow Russian Americans and Greek Americans etc. All those of the Orthodox Church.

Merry Christmas ! Almost forgot to say that, then I said it wants and it looked like I was saying Merry Christmas to myself so I'm saying it one more time hopefully I got it right this time. Merry Christmas to you and all our fellow Russian Americans and Greek Americans etc. All those of the Orthodox Church.
I found it interesting that Greece doesn't celebrate today. Not officially anyways. They follow the new calendar on this one but on Easter we follow the old ways.

As kids we used to think it was cool we got two Easter's. American Easter and Greek Easter. Only sometimes it falls on the same week. And I can NEVER remember the reason why exactly even though I've been told a million times. LOL.

The reason for the different dates for Orthodox Churches is that they calculate Easter according to the Julian calendar, whereas the western churches use the Gregorian calendar. ... So, for this particular year, Easter for most Christian faiths was celebrated on April 4.

I found it interesting that Greece doesn't celebrate today. Not officially anyways. They follow the new calendar on this one but on Easter we follow the old ways.

As kids we used to think it was cool we got two Easter's. American Easter and Greek Easter. Only sometimes it falls on the same week. And I can NEVER remember the reason why exactly even though I've been told a million times. LOL.

The reason for the different dates for Orthodox Churches is that they calculate Easter according to the Julian calendar, whereas the western churches use the Gregorian calendar. ... So, for this particular year, Easter for most Christian faiths was celebrated on April 4.
Could it be because of the shift in the spring equinox, that's why we have leap year too. The calendar is not exact.

Forum List

Back