Merry Christmas from USMB!!

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
Merry_Christmas_1.png

We'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Despite all the "bad" things that have been happening in the world we must all stop for a moment and reflect on all that is good. In the spirit of giving, please give of yourself and make someone's day a special one; be it by words, a smile, a compliment, something to eat or a gift in any other form. Make someone's day special. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Merry_Christmas_1.png

We'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Despite all the "bad" things that have been happening in the world we must all stop for a moment and reflect on all that is good. In the spirit of giving, please give of yourself and make someone's day a special one; be it by words, a smile, a compliment, something to eat or a gift in any other form. Make someone's day special. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Thanks so much, for a very thoughtful post, C_K. I would like to say having you as Administrator here, is something I am very happy about and grateful for. You have selected the cream of the crop in Moderators, and between you all, you have made USMB a very special and unique place to come, that has wide appeal for many types of personalities. Thank you all and may you continue to SOAR.....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

Merry_Christmas_1.png

Great, lovely, hugs and all that...so, what did you get me?:eusa_eh:

Merry_Christmas_1.png

We'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Despite all the "bad" things that have been happening in the world we must all stop for a moment and reflect on all that is good. In the spirit of giving, please give of yourself and make someone's day a special one; be it by words, a smile, a compliment, something to eat or a gift in any other form. Make someone's day special. Merry Christmas everyone!!​

Great, lovely, hugs and all that...so, what did you get me?:eusa_eh:
For Trajan:

0076172005040_500X500.jpg
Because it sweetens the pie. :lol:

One of my favorite Christmas songs is “I Heard the Bells on Christmas day.” The lyrics are from a poem written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and the story behind the poem is both tragic and inspiring.

Longfellow and his wife Fanny had been married 18 years and had five children when misfortune struck. On July 11, 1861, Fanny had just trimmed their young daughter’s hair and wanted to preserve a few strands in an envelope which she tried to seal by using hot sealing wax. In the process her dress caught fire and she was quickly engulfed in flames. Longfellow bravely extinguished the flames with his own body, but was unable to save his wife. Fanny died the next morning and Longfellow's face arms and hands were severely burned making it impossible for him to attend her funeral.

On Christmas day following his wife's death, Longfellow wrote, “How inexpressibly sad are all holidays.” On the next Christmas (1862), still depressed, Longfellow wrote in his journal, "'A merry Christmas' say the children, but that is no more for me." Almost a year later, Longfellow's oldest son Charles, a lieutenant in the Army of the Potomac was badly wounded; he survived but was crippled. Personal tragedy and the ongoing Civil War had caused Longfellow to doubt his faith. Then, something happened - some miracle of hope - that renewed Longfellow’s spirits and on Christmas Day of 1864 he wrote "Christmas Bells." Here are the three most popular verses:

I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

The following rendition of the song is one of my favorites. I hope you guys and gals enjoy it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpeGK1U-Cqo]I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back