Merry Christmas. Blah.

Kagom

Jan 16, 2006
Vicksburg, MS
I didn't think I'd feel this way, but I miss my family. I'm lonely too because all my friends are hundreds of miles away and I have no money to visit either my family or my friends. I'm thankful, regardless, to have Craig and his parents at least. But that aside, I'm feeling blah.

Oh well, Merry Christmas and all that jazz. :)

I didn't think I'd feel this way, but I miss my family. I'm lonely too because all my friends are hundreds of miles away and I have no money to visit either my family or my friends. I'm thankful, regardless, to have Craig and his parents at least. But that aside, I'm feeling blah.

As someone who missed many a Christmas while deployed I know how you feel. Hang in there it will be alright. Merry Christmas

Well, at least you HAVE someone to be with. A lot of people are truly alone this holiday. I spent the whole day alone, partly by choice. My relatives get on my nerves, because when they're not talking about sports, their hairdos, their vacations, their golf game or some other kind of twaddle, they're bashing the Republicans and Bush. Honestly, I feel like I'm a fifth wheel. It's like spending Christmas at the Democratic Underground except everyone's in the First Grade.

My son was with his mother yesterday. Last week, he told me that he was coming on Friday, although I took Thursday off too. When he got here Friday, he told me that he was coming back late on the 26th (he normally has me pick him up in the morning). This morning, he informed me that he wants to spend an extra day or two with her, in spite of the fact that I could use him here because my father is having cataract surgery tomorrow. I see a pattern.

I became angry then told him not to bother coming over at all. I may be spending the rest of the week alone.

Sorry, I'm know how this sounds, I'm feeling sorry for myself and trying to "one up" you. I don't mean to do that. I just feel like a bag full of turds right now.

Yeah I spent many years alone while in the service during holidays so I truly understand being alone, even though us guys knew each other I guess the thoughts of being in foreign lands or doing blue water ops wasn't to fun. About being alone and what not I look and see 1/2 my life is over so I've got to get this next 1/2 in order or I'll be really lonely. I have a few ground rules on my respect but other than that I try and just be mellow. We can choose to be miserable while others move on. Forget about it and enjoy life.

...... This morning, he informed me that he wants to spend an extra day or two with her, in spite of the fact that I could use him here because my father is having cataract surgery tomorrow. ......
I became angry then told him not to bother coming over at all. I may be spending the rest of the week alone....... I just feel like a bag full of turds right now.

Divorce sucks, doesn't it? And here your son is stuck in the middle [again]. You just became angry at the fact that he was choosing momma over you.
You do & you do & you do for a child and then they choose to spend their time with someone else?
Hmm, I sound like I'm speaking from experience, huh?

My son was with his mother yesterday. Last week, he told me that he was coming on Friday, although I took Thursday off too. When he got here Friday, he told me that he was coming back late on the 26th (he normally has me pick him up in the morning). This morning, he informed me that he wants to spend an extra day or two with her, in spite of the fact that I could use him here because my father is having cataract surgery tomorrow. I see a pattern.

I became angry then told him not to bother coming over at all. I may be spending the rest of the week alone.

Sorry, I'm know how this sounds, I'm feeling sorry for myself and trying to "one up" you. I don't mean to do that. I just feel like a bag full of turds right now.
Nah, you're venting. It's good to get things off your chest. You at least show me how my dad probably felt at times. :manhug:

Forum List

Back