Merle Haggard - It's Almost 'Criminal'

billyerock1991

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2012

[URL='http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/05/1368652/-Merle-Haggard-To-Rolling-Stone-It-s-Almost-Criminal-What-They-Do-To-President-Obama']Merle Haggard - It's Almost 'Criminal' What They Do To President Obama

byLeslie SalzilloFollow
11051222_10153714419358065_775197390_n.jpg

A Merle Haggard quote has been circulating social media over the last two days, almost as if it appeared in response to the incredible disrespect shown to President Obama by Republicans in Congress and foreign leader, Benjamin Netanyahu. The quote is from a 2010 Rolling Stoneinterview. Patrick Doyle spoke with music legend Merle Haggard, who was attending the 33rd Kennedy Center Honors. Haggard was invited to the White House to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Doyle asked Merle Haggard about President Obama, and the traditional 'stone-country' singer-songwriter said he enjoyed meeting Obama and found the President to be quite different from what he had seen in the media. That's when Haggard interestingly added:

Merle Haggard:
"It's really almost criminal what they do with our President. There seems to be no shame or anything. They call him all kinds of names all day long, saying he's doing certain things that he's not. It's just a big old political game that I don't want to be part of. There are people spending their lives putting him down. I'm sure some of it's true and some of it's not. I was very surprised to find the man very humble and he had a nice handshake. His wife was very cordial to the guests and especially me. They made a special effort to make me feel welcome. It was not at all the way the media described him to be."

Doyle asked, 'What's the biggest lie out there about Obama?'Merle Haggard:
"He's not conceited. He's very humble about being the President of the United States, especially in comparison to some presidents we've had who come across like they don't need anybody's help. I think he knows he's in over his head. Anybody with any sense who takes that job and thinks they can handle it must be an idiot."

When Doyle asked if Haggard talked to the President much, the interview took a much lighter tone:Merle Haggard:
"I told him, "You and I have something in common: our wives are both taller than we are." And he said "No! She's got on 3-inch heels! And she is not that tall!" He was like me. He grabbed that real quick."

Merle Haggard's compassion and straightforwardness seem to be just want many of us needed after the GOP once again shamed themselves, and this nation, by seditiously spiting the President of the United States. Reading Haggard's words again, was like a glorious breath of fresh air - an affirmation and validation of the thoughts many of us have been feeling.
Merle Haggard was 73 at the time the Rolling Stone interview. That night he stood alongside other living legends like Sir Paul McCartney and Oprah Winfrey. And this was not his first invitation to the White House. Merle Haggard has also been the guest of both President Nixon and President Reagan.

It's easy to see why Merle Haggard is loved by millions. He's the 'real deal'. Having been involved in the music industry in Nashville, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Haggard years ago - a truly charming man. It's as if that rough exterior, from once leading a very rough life, just sort of melts away when you shake his hand. You can feel his warmth. And looking into his eyes, you can almost see through to his heart of gold.

[/URL]

Incredible disrespect? For a Jew-hating, veteran-hating, white-hating, America-hating, race-baiting, riot-instigating, racist piece of shit? This is your idea of someone who deserves respect? Respect is EARNED, it doesn't come as standard equipment just because you're in an elected office. How much respect did all you yammering miscreants give President Bush while he was in office?

Whenever I want to put my finger on the pulse of our great country I always turn to alcoholic, washed up rednecks like Merle Haggard. Thanks for the entertainment, Billyerock (another moronic redneck).

Incredible disrespect? For a Jew-hating, veteran-hating, white-hating, America-hating, race-baiting, riot-instigating, racist piece of shit? This is your idea of someone who deserves respect? Respect is EARNED, it doesn't come as standard equipment just because you're in an elected office. How much respect did all you yammering miscreants give President Bush while he was in office?
you do realize you just slammed a fellow republican ???? you just described a repub'-lie-can to a Tee

Whenever I want to put my finger on the pulse of our great country I always turn to alcoholic, washed up rednecks like Merle Haggard. Thanks for the entertainment, Billyerock (another moronic redneck).
you republicans are all alike ... just like you ... one drunk ass poster that can't spell ...

Merle may be a lot of things, but he's not a judgmental POS like you.

Could it have anything to do with Merle's newest album being titled:
Chicago Wind
:dunno:
don't know anything about his music not a fan ... I read the article and remembered and interview where he claimed to be a republican ... that's what made me laugh

you republicans are all alike ... just like you ... one drunk ass poster that can't spell ...
I'll have to come back later, after I finish laughing at the irony of your post. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Merle Haggard - It's Almost 'Criminal' What They Do To President Obama
byLeslie SalzilloFollow

A Merle Haggard quote has been circulating social media over the last two days, almost as if it appeared in response to the incredible disrespect shown to President Obama by Republicans in Congress and foreign leader, Benjamin Netanyahu. The quote is from a 2010 Rolling Stoneinterview. Patrick Doyle spoke with music legend Merle Haggard, who was attending the 33rd Kennedy Center Honors. Haggard was invited to the White House to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Doyle asked Merle Haggard about President Obama, and the traditional 'stone-country' singer-songwriter said he enjoyed meeting Obama and found the President to be quite different from what he had seen in the media. That's when Haggard interestingly added:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...most-Criminal-What-They-Do-To-President-Obama
Merle Haggard:
"It's really almost criminal what they do with our President. There seems to be no shame or anything. They call him all kinds of names all day long, saying he's doing certain things that he's not. It's just a big old political game that I don't want to be part of. There are people spending their lives putting him down. I'm sure some of it's true and some of it's not. I was very surprised to find the man very humble and he had a nice handshake. His wife was very cordial to the guests and especially me. They made a special effort to make me feel welcome. It was not at all the way the media described him to be."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...most-Criminal-What-They-Do-To-President-Obama
"He's not conceited. He's very humble about being the President of the United States, especially in comparison to some presidents we've had who come across like they don't need anybody's help. I think he knows he's in over his head. Anybody with any sense who takes that job and thinks they can handle it must be an idiot."
When Doyle asked if Haggard talked to the President much, the interview took a much lighter tone:Merle Haggard:
"I told him, "You and I have something in common: our wives are both taller than we are." And he said "No! She's got on 3-inch heels! And she is not that tall!" He was like me. He grabbed that real quick."
Merle Haggard's compassion and straightforwardness seem to be just want many of us needed after the GOP once again shamed themselves, and this nation, by seditiously spiting the President of the United States. Reading Haggard's words again, was like a glorious breath of fresh air - an affirmation and validation of the thoughts many of us have been feeling.
Merle Haggard was 73 at the time the Rolling Stone interview. That night he stood alongside other living legends like Sir Paul McCartney and Oprah Winfrey. And this was not his first invitation to the White House. Merle Haggard has also been the guest of both President Nixon and President Reagan.
It's easy to see why Merle Haggard is loved by millions. He's the 'real deal'. Having been involved in the music industry in Nashville, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Haggard years ago - a truly charming man. It's as if that rough exterior, from once leading a very rough life, just sort of melts away when you shake his hand. You can feel his warmth. And looking into his eyes, you can almost see through to his heart of gold.

You have to remember this interview was done 5 years ago when the dear leader was still getting settled and hadn't really shown his true colors, I'd be interested to know Haggards current opinion.

byLeslie SalzilloFollow

Merle Haggard:

You have to remember this interview was done 5 years ago when the dear leader was still getting settled and hadn't really shown his true colors, I'd be interested to know Haggards current opinion.
sorry you are wrong the article was written in 2015...but you keep trying

WED MAR 04, 2015 AT 10:16 PM PST

I'll have to come back later, after I finish laughing at the irony of your post. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
we don't need your uneducated response ... you keep making a fool of your self:rofl:

You prefer the alcoholic with alzheimer's Charlton Heston?

Welcome to the new world of GINGRICH politics. I don't think any president is going to receive any respect or cooperation from the opposite party again - or at least for a very long time. It kinda makes me sad to see how low our political system has gone. Historically, I think US Politics has always been "bare knuckles " but there just seems to be a lot more Hate mixed in these days. And no one seems to be able to set aside their vitriolic stump rhetoric long enough to really serve the people. And it sure doesn't help that there is a cottage industry of folks who make their living fanning the flames.

we don't need your uneducated response ... you keep making a fool of your self:rofl:
More irony. Keep 'em comin', moron. :lol:

Forum List

Back