Meriweather says he is "slow"... Join the Club... the "I'm Slow Getting it Club"

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I appreciate Meriweather's humility in saying he is slow to respond or to think about how to respond to certain things said on the forum.

We are all slow.. It took me a long time to... really understand Christ's Church and a lot of other things... not that I understand all things about the Church but in any case...

Compared to God, we are all "retarded"

I used to think like a protestant, though raised Catholic (not... I mean I was not from one of those devout Catholic families you hear about... not hardly but we attended Mass every Sunday)

As a young adult, I thought I could do the cafeteria thing... choose this that I agree w/ the Church about, and reject that..

There wasn't much I rejected but the one thing I did reject as an absolute truth (long story...) nearly destroyed me, spiritually and in other ways...

and I could give other examples of how slow I have been to learn... well, from God.. Like I said... that interesting book I read about accepting God's will... accepting all that happens to us as being from HIM.. I just now read that book and it kind of makes a few puzzle pieces from my often-confusing life come together... to better begin to form a clear picture..

I appreciate Meriweather's humility in saying he is slow to respond or to think about how to respond to certain things said on the forum.

We are all slow.. It took me a long time to... really understand Christ's Church and a lot of other things... not that I understand all things about the Church but in any case...

Compared to God, we are all "retarded"

I used to think like a protestant, though raised Catholic (not... I mean I was not from one of those devout Catholic families you hear about... not hardly but we attended Mass every Sunday)

As a young adult, I thought I could do the cafeteria thing... choose this that I agree w/ the Church about, and reject that..

There wasn't much I rejected but the one thing I did reject as an absolute truth (long story...) nearly destroyed me, spiritually and in other ways...

and I could give other examples of how slow I have been to learn... well, from God.. Like I said... that interesting book I read about accepting God's will... accepting all that happens to us as being from HIM.. I just now read that book and it kind of makes a few puzzle pieces from my often-confusing life come together... to better begin to form a clear picture..
Once you have it close to figuring it out, you're ready to meet him...lol

Once you have it close to figuring it out, you're ready to meet him...lol
well, that depends on what u mean by "figuring it out"...

I gave up figuring out God... in some ways, anyhow. I mean, who can say why He allows this or that evil to happen in the world, even though a person may be doing all he or she can to follow Jesus?

But those who seek to fully understand... are wasting their time... We just need to pray and do what we know for certain He requires... Jesus came for that purpose, to lead us into the Truth

New Topics

Forum List

Back