Merged Obama's Background

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
This past week there has been some controversy over Obama's past association with a muslim school. It seems as though Hillary was going to attack him on this and this was leaked to the Press and Obama's denying it was a muslim school.

Frankly, I don't care about the school (Although for all intensive purposes i dont know many predominately muslim schools where the Quran is studied daily which would be considered secular). But there are some questions about his connection to Islam in the past that I am curious about.

From the reports I've seen when he attended the Catholic school he went to, his father insisted that he be recognized as a Muslim student there. I want to know whether this is true or not. I know he has since converted to Christianity. But Id still like to know his history here. Especially considering we are waging a war with Islamic extremism. Because if he was a Muslim, and converted, he is an Apostate to them. Can he be an effective commander-in-chief if he will be targeted for beheading by muslim in any country he goes to?

This past week there has been some controversy over Obama's past association with a muslim school. It seems as though Hillary was going to attack him on this and this was leaked to the Press and Obama's denying it was a muslim school.

Frankly, I don't care about the school (Although for all intensive purposes i dont know many predominately muslim schools where the Quran is studied daily which would be considered secular). But there are some questions about his connection to Islam in the past that I am curious about.

From the reports I've seen when he attended the Catholic school he went to, his father insisted that he be recognized as a Muslim student there. I want to know whether this is true or not. I know he has since converted to Christianity. But Id still like to know his history here. Especially considering we are waging a war with Islamic extremism. Because if he was a Muslim, and converted, he is an Apostate to them. Can he be an effective commander-in-chief if he will be targeted for beheading by muslim in any country he goes to?
Good luck finding out anything, he's not talking regarding the muslim school.

At five years of age, he attended a school in Indonesia with Muslims...and Buddhists...and Christians...and children from other religious backgrounds. This is simply more bullshit from the right-wing noise machine, as they have nothing else to smear him with. Except that he smokes.

:rolleyes:

There's many inconsistancies with this, turns out Barack is Barry, still digging into his past. This:

Barack Hussein Obama the Senator from Illinois has formed an exploratory committee to explore a presidential bid. Obama has had a remarkable rise from lawmaker to politician in less than ten years appearing suddenly onto the political scene.

New on the scene, Obama remains a charismatic man of mystery, very little is known on him. His only remaining relative seems to be his half-sister Maya Kassandra Soetoro or as she is known now Maya Soetoro-Ng.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1772690/posts?page=4

is just one of those blogs looking into this. For example:

Obama's school registration records from Asisi Primary School in Indonesia list his religion as Islam.

Further, Several of Obama's classmates including Emirsyah Satar the CEO of Garuda Indonesia Airlines describe a young Obama as a very religious and devout Muslim.

http://laotze.blogspot.com/

Is damning and contradicts MANY things he's said. Some think the VRWC is behind all this, but it's probably Hillary Clinton welcoming him to the world of national politics.

Is damning and contradicts MANY things he's said. Some think the VRWC is behind all this, but it's probably Hillary Clinton welcoming him to the world of national politics.
That was pretty much my thought, as well. I don't doubt that the right could be behind it, but to discount the Clinton political machine is just silly. There are plenty of Democrats who have felt the sting of that machine.

There's many inconsistancies with this, turns out Barack is Barry, still digging into his past. This:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1772690/posts?page=4

is just one of those blogs looking into this. For example:

http://laotze.blogspot.com/

What child doesn't show innocent zeal in the religions of their parents?

That you willingly take the unsubstantiated posts of right wing nut-jobs, shows how little you care about the truth of the matter.

<center><a href=http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/index.html> CNN debunks false report about Obama</a></center>

And there's this from <b>Media Matters</b>:

<center><a href=http://mediamatters.org/items/200701200003>Right-wing media figures claim Clinton behind Obama/Muslim smears</a></center>

You can read the story summary and see the video if you follow the link. But you'll just chalk it up to lies by the dreaded "MSM". But don't let reality interfere with your <i>sub rosa</i> racism, it's too entertaining watching y'all make fools of yourselves in this matter.

Hillary will not allow this liitle upstart take her nomination away from her. The Clintonistas did this background check, and it will be fun to watch a female lib go after a black lib

BTW, I thought libs were opposed to racial profiling?

What child doesn't show innocent zeal in the religions of their parents?

What adult lies about the innocent religions of their parents after they grow up?

That you willingly take the unsubstantiated posts of right wing nut-jobs, shows how little you care about the truth of the matter.

Can't wish it away. Would you have believe it from Dan Rather? Well?

<center><a href=http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/index.html> CNN debunks false report about Obama</a></center>

CNN, now there's a source. Others don't buy their knee-jerk response either.

And there's this from <b>Media Matters</b>:

<center><a href=http://mediamatters.org/items/200701200003>Right-wing media figures claim Clinton behind Obama/Muslim smears</a></center>

Only liberalmediamatters doesn't matter. Don't you understand? Obama's a dream opponent, who would benefit the most making this an issue now?

You can read the story summary and see the video if you follow the link. But you'll just chalk it up to lies by the dreaded "MSM". But don't let reality interfere with your <i>sub rosa</i> racism, it's too entertaining watching y'all make fools of yourselves in this matter.

What's entertaining is to watch y'all fawn all over Barry. You also were too predictable in playing the R card, but maybe that's just me.

What adult lies about the innocent religions of their parents after they grow up?

What credible evidence can you provide that Senator Obama engaged in ANY such prevarication? (crickets)

Can't wish it away. Would you have believe it from Dan Rather? Well?

As long as the information is is backed by documented, credible sources does it matter who the news reader is? But that is not the case in this matter. It sprang from an unsubstantiated, uncredited source from a known right-wing media outlet, the online magazine "Insight". It was then repeated by FOX Noise, again, without verification of the source or the story.

CNN, now there's a source. Others don't buy their knee-jerk response either.

More credible than any that first reported the "story". Sorry to burst your bubble.

Only liberalmediamatters doesn't matter. Don't you understand? Obama's a dream opponent, who would benefit the most making this an issue now?

"Media Matters" questions the credibility of stories from both the right AND the left. In the absence of the "Fairness Doctrine" they sort the wheat from the chaff at both ends of the political spectrum. As for "Who benefits?", it's obvious. The right wingers are getting off to an early start with their swift boating of the Democratic candidates.

What's entertaining is to watch y'all fawn all over Barry. You also were too predictable in playing the R card, but maybe that's just me.

The "R card", as you call it is simply an observation of the term "Halfrican", which was first used by a San Francisco right-wing radio talk-show host and later picked up by Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the right-wing noise machine. The race card was first played by the right wing-nuts, not me.

Bully, I am pointing out the obvious to you, you are sounding really desperate. Is Obama in that much trouble? Should we hail Hillary now?

Bully, I am pointing out the obvious to you, you are sounding really desperate. Is Obama in that much trouble? Should we hail Hillary now?

I think Democrats are determined not to be Swiftboated again, and therefore may appear overzealous in debunking bogus claims.

I think Democrats are determined not to be Swiftboated again, and therefore may appear overzealous in debunking bogus claims.
LOL. Swiftboats were 'unfair' where? You do KNOW that was never addressed...

LOL. Swiftboats were 'unfair' where? You do KNOW that was never addressed...

The Swiftboat Veterans for Truth campaign was clearly of questionable credibility. There is much more eyewitness testimony for John Kerry than against him, and most of the Swiftboaters were not present with Kerry.

But Swiftboating is a general term used to denote a smear campaign of questionable accuracy.

The Swiftboat Veterans for Truth campaign was clearly of questionable credibility. There is much more eyewitness testimony for John Kerry than against him, and most of the Swiftboaters were not present with Kerry.

But Swiftboating is a general term used to denote a smear campaign of questionable accuracy.

Ok, so provide what was 'questionable.'

What credible evidence can you provide that Senator Obama engaged in ANY such prevarication? (crickets)

None you'd bother to look at!!! You'd just attack the link if it contained anything you didn't want to hear.

Pssssssst.....Hillary's gonna make sure he's put down.

As long as the information is is backed by documented, credible sources does it matter who the news reader is? But that is not the case in this matter. It sprang from an unsubstantiated, uncredited source from a known right-wing media outlet, the online magazine "Insight". It was then repeated by FOX Noise, again, without verification of the source or the story.

Blah, blah, blah. I'll ask you again, do you consider CBS News credible? How about al-AP? CNN? Don't cricket me again puh-leeze.

The truth will come out. Unfortunately, Hillary will benefit and she's a formidable opponent.

More credible than any that first reported the "story". Sorry to burst your bubble.

Credibility aint' that for the self-deluded. There's no bubble to burst, your boy's in the big-time now.

"Media Matters" questions the credibility of stories from both the right AND the left. In the absence of the "Fairness Doctrine" they sort the wheat from the chaff at both ends of the political spectrum. As for "Who benefits?", it's obvious. The right wingers are getting off to an early start with their swift boating of the Democratic candidates.

A ten to one ratio doesn't impress me. And your "Fairness Doctrine" WON'T come back, it's dead forever.

There IS such a thing called a "primary".

The "R card", as you call it is simply an observation of the term "Halfrican", which was first used by a San Francisco right-wing radio talk-show host and later picked up by Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the right-wing noise machine. The race card was first played by the right wing-nuts, not me.

No, that's okay, most of you people are actually saying what you think. Anyone who disagrees with you HAS to be a racist as you define the word.

It's different for us, see, this is his new Christian church:

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

And this is their mission statement:

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered.

That's black racism. "Black" > Jesus.

At five years of age, he attended a school in Indonesia with Muslims...and Buddhists...and Christians...and children from other religious backgrounds. This is simply more bullshit from the right-wing noise machine, as they have nothing else to smear him with. Except that he smokes.

:rolleyes:

yeah, its the right wing noise machine in Hillary Clinton's campaign...

its a valid question. Did his father insist on registering him in catholic school as a muslim. Was he ever muslim in his life?

It is important to know. Not because of some right wing bias against muslims, but because if he ever was, muslims will consider him an extremist and the extremists will go out of their way to behead him. It may severely limit his ability to engage in diplimatic relation with muslim countries if he is seen as an apostate.

But the swift boat claims weren't bogus. They were legitimate questions coming from the people who served with Kerry about his Vietnam story, which happened to be his central platform for some stupid reason and which changed multiple times every time he told it.

So what you are saying is they are determined not to have people ask questions which reveal the truth again? doesnt surprise me.

The swiftboaters served with him. They had eye witness testimony against his claim. Everytime they disagreed with him, his story changed. And all of their claims could have easily been settled if he would have just released his mitilary records, yet for some reason he never did, he still has refused to show it. If Kerry hadnt made his Vietnam service a major point of his campaign it would have been rather irrelevant, but the fact that he couldnt talk at an event without announcing he served it Vietnam made it a central platform. (Which also speaks to the weakness of the Democrats on issues).

I think the fact there were eye witnesses, that Kerry changed his story several times, and was hiding information about his military record makes the Swift boats claims very credible.

I also think that considering we are in a global war on terror against muslim extremists makes questions about Obama's religion as a child an important discussion as it could hamper him in efforts to wage such a war.

The swiftboaters served with him. They had eye witness testimony against his claim. Everytime they disagreed with him, his story changed. And all of their claims could have easily been settled if he would have just released his mitilary records, yet for some reason he never did, he still has refused to show it. If Kerry hadnt made his Vietnam service a major point of his campaign it would have been rather irrelevant, but the fact that he couldnt talk at an event without announcing he served it Vietnam made it a central platform. (Which also speaks to the weakness of the Democrats on issues).

Kerry had eye witness testimony for his claim. Eye witness testimony is, of course, the least reliable, and testimony from different swiftboaters within SBVT contradict each other, and are contradicted by the official records of the Navy. Some of those who came out and attacked him had previously publicly praised him for his work in Vietnam. Many of the Swiftboaters were not in the same area as Kerry or in Vietnam at the same time he was too. As for military records, Kerry released over 100 pages of his military records and his military medical records prior to the SBVT campaign, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

As for the issues, I agree Kerry was pretty weak. For such a good debater he was a surprisingly horrible speaker.

I also think that considering we are in a global war on terror against muslim extremists makes questions about Obama's religion as a child an important discussion as it could hamper him in efforts to wage such a war.

Yes, but I think making unfounded accusations like this against politcal candidates is unacceptable. I hope whoever released this story is taken to task for it. I highly doubt it was Clinton. Since it was so easy to prove wrong I don't think that Clinton would have floated it out there with her name attached.

You know, iirc, if he WAS a Muslim, but turned his back on the faith, in many nations, he'd be executed... Boy, wouldn't that piss off the islamic nutjobs!

I've never voted for a Democrat Presidential candidate (Republican either,) but I might be willing to vote for Obama just to throw sand in the eyes of the Muslim Fundies out there!:razz:

Forum List

Back