Mercedes locks faster acceleration behind a $1,200 annual paywall

Well, this is a splendid idea for ALL vehicles.

So now you support only allowing the rich and elitists having access to the full potential of the automobile. You control freak...

It's a fucking stupid idea and has absolutely zero to do with Mercedes' interest in common sense and everything to do with profits, moron...

I suppose you also support Oregon's Measure 114 which ultimately makes it cost prohibitive to own a gun. So much so that only the rich and the criminals (who will not get theirs legally) will have them...

So now you support only allowing the rich and elitists having access to the full potential of the automobile. You control freak...

It's a fucking stupid idea and has absolutely zero to do with Mercedes' interest in common sense and everything to do with profits, moron...

I suppose you also support Oregon's Measure 114 which ultimately makes it cost prohibitive to own a gun. So much so that only the rich and the criminals (who will not get theirs legally) will have them...

The more I know about the average Trumpster and the average Bidenistas......
The more I can see the need to impose restrictions.

If you people were able to manage freedom and self control the nation would not be crumbling.

We've become very luxury addicted in this modern era which seems to be cracking at the foundation.
EVERYONE has to drive a Mercedes or BMW......

have you never visited a major city?

How can you even say that seriously?

wow

I've visited many major cities. Once I retired I started driving for a local auto dealer. I go pick up cars they have bought at other places. I've picked up many cars for them but only one Mercedes and not a single BMW. (though I have picked up 3-4 Audi's}.

Should I give you dishonorable mention when I gig another leftist with it? ;)

I'm actually a centrist Independent.

The trash mouth apathetic self defeating Right pushed me towards the center

Maybe you need to hear it from one of your own.....
Easy now...I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spinless, big mouth pieces of shit that ever were. Come on man...they didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christians cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christians. The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....Sad but true.

Last edited:
I've visited many major cities. Once I retired I started driving for a local auto dealer. I go pick up cars they have bought at other places. I've picked up many cars for them but only one Mercedes and not a single BMW. (though I have picked up 3-4 Audi's}.

Well obviously the used car lot you work for caters to the lower income tier.
Or those who don't need to keep up with the Joneses.
I actually don't like new cars.

I just got back from Atlanta and every grocery store parking lot is full of Benz's and BMW's...Lincolns and Teslas.
Ditto with WPB Florida and Broward county Florida. Let's not mention California or NY

If you ever lived in any of the vast majority of nations outside the USA you would see how utterly ridiculous and spoiled Americans are.

Last edited:
Nope, you are a leftist through and through....Your body of "work" here bears that out so you may as well embrace it. ;)

I'm a "Leftist" because I don't like irresponsible reckless people putting others in danger?
I'm a 'Leftist" because I actually care about ALL life ?

So this is what you base your "profound" conclusions on?

I have to laugh at how simple minded you are.
it is more than apparent my ideology is much farther conservative than liberal.
But the low information crowd will always hate those who don't agree with ALL of THEIR agendas
And you really do seem to be low Information if not low IQ.

Your hypocrisy in criticizing the Left is off the charts.
It's people like YOU who convince others to move more to the center.
It's why Trump is losing so often.

Easy now...I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spinless, big mouth pieces of shit that ever were. Come on man...they didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christians cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christians. The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....Sad but true.

Last edited:
One of the biggest flaws in the US Constitution is that it hands out freedom too easily to all...even those who cannot handle it and who wreak havoc on society through taking assumed liberties that deprive others of theirs.

The more I know about the average Trumpster and the average Bidenistas......
The more I can see the need to impose restrictions.

If you people were able to manage freedom and self control the nation would not be crumbling.

"Impose restrictions?" You mean control people? Punish everyone for the actions of a few?

"You people?" I am neither a Trump supporter nor a Biden supporter. Didn't vote for either one of them. Ever. Nice try though.

No, I'm just a person who doesn't like control freaks, such as yourself, and I don't believe in punishing everyone for the actions of an infinitesimally small number (statistically speaking) of morons, the way you do. I see no sense in extending more power to the already overreaching nanny state and certainly not corporations, unlike you, apparently.

One of the biggest flaws in the US Constitution is that it hands out freedom too easily to all...even those who cannot handle it and who wreak havoc on society through taking assumed liberties that deprive others of theirs.

Now we get down to the truth of your beliefs.

You want to deny people freedom.

"Impose restrictions?" You mean control people? Punish everyone for the actions of a few?

"You people?" I am neither a Trump supporter nor a Biden supporter. Didn't vote for either one of them. Ever. Nice try though.

No, I'm just a person who doesn't like control freaks, such as yourself, and I don't believe in punishing everyone for the actions of an infinitesimally small number (statistically speaking) of morons, the way you do. I see no sense in extending more power to the already overreaching nanny state and certainly not corporations, unlike you, apparently.

You misinterpreted.

I'm not for giving government OR corporations more power. Less actually.

But I'm a realist and the reality is that people abuse freedom and something needs to be done to control THOSE people.

Besides, there is absolutely ZERO justification for having vehicles on public roads that can exceed the speed limit by over 100mph where so many lives are lost each year due to people not able to control themselves.

Get back to me after the funeral of someone you care for who was killed by two guys racing on a road near you.
So easy to condone harmful ILLEGAL activity until it directly affects you personally.

Last edited:
Now we get down to the truth of your beliefs.

You want to deny people freedom.

If that's your interpretation then that's your deficiency.
Like I said...low information people hate those not adhering to their agenda 100% , 100% of the time

They just hate it.

You're a good little far Leftist ya know :itsok:

Feds Recommend Speed Limiting Technology in New Cars: Everybody Panic​

The National Transportation Safety Board has a simple request: Cars need to slow down to save lives, possibly via technology if the dumb humans behind the wheel refuse to do it. While it sounds like a potential nightmare scenario let’s take a look at the facts.

COMMON SENSE !! :yes_text12:

Too many Americans are just absolute morons. Any surprise America is in the bad shape it is in?
They believe the Constitution and Bill of Rights means "Do whatever you want, whenever you want to, to whomever you want to"
This is just how ludicrously spoiled and low information a majority of Americans are.
The political and judicial chaos perfectly reflects that stupidity.

Yep, looks like Americans will have to be brought back down to reality the hard way.

A friend of mine once bought an Audi A6, then after he got it, he regretted it because he really wanted an S6 (higher performance). Both cars were turbo V-6's.

He whined to the dealer about it, and the dealer said they could make the conversion for him. All it took was a change of "chips" and the addition of some identifying hardware. He would have to leave the car - they had to actually send the original "chip" back to Audi and it would be replaced by a higher-performance part. I forget how much it cost him, but it was enough that he REALLY had to want it.

He did it, and it worked out just as he wanted it to.

I've often wondered what the difference is among the various 2-liter turbo four's that Mfgrs offer. GM has one that has as little as 220HP, but it also has them that are over 300HP (in the Camaro, I think). All are the same displacement, turbo-four's. The same is true for VW-Audi-Porsche. Some have 185 HP (Tiguan), and some have well over 300 HP (Cayman). Is the turbo different, or is it just a matter of a "chip"?

If it's just a chip, or an easily-replaced turbo, you would think that SOMEBODY would be offering that service, because it would be worth quite a bit of money to some consumers.

Why not?

A friend of mine once bought an Audi A6, then after he got it, he regretted it because he really wanted an S6 (higher performance). Both cars were turbo V-6's.

He whined to the dealer about it, and the dealer said they could make the conversion for him. All it took was a change of "chips" and the addition of some identifying hardware. He would have to leave the car - they had to actually send the original "chip" back to Audi and it would be replaced by a higher-performance part. I forget how much it cost him, but it was enough that he REALLY had to want it.

He did it, and it worked out just as he wanted it to.

I've often wondered what the difference is among the various 2-liter turbo four's that Mfgrs offer. GM has one that has as little as 220HP, but it also has them that are over 300HP (in the Camaro, I think). All are the same displacement, turbo-four's. The same is true for VW-Audi-Porsche. Some have 185 HP (Tiguan), and some have well over 300 HP (Cayman). Is the turbo different, or is it just a matter of a "chip"?

If it's just a chip, or an easily-replaced turbo, you would think that SOMEBODY would be offering that service, because it would be worth quite a bit of money to some consumers.

Why not?

People usually find a way to overcome speed limiters or make their cars go faster.
But the underlying truth is that this isn't done simply to smile and know it's there.

It's to occasionally use it.
The desire is not to limit a vehicles power....but rather it's top speed.... for the safety of the soccer mom ahead with her 4 children in the minivan with her.
Who cares if you have 1000hp if you can only get the car to go the speed limit (on public roads)?
Take it to the track if you want to race. Many will say "Well THAT's just INSANE !!!" What ?!?!?!

Great compromise !!

New Topics

Forum List

Back