Men's Wardrobes

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
My wife has been getting on my case about my clothes lately.

I tend to dress in jeans or cargo shorts and work shirts like Dickies or Carhartt button downs. I usually wear sneakers or slip on shoes and I don't own a suit or a pair of dress shoes.

I don't think I've bought a new shirt in 2 years or maybe more. I just don't see the need.

all my clothes take up 3 drawers in the dresser and I only own 4 pairs of shoes one of those is a pair of winter boots.

I just hate spending money on clothes and I never wear anything my wife buys for me because I find the clothes she picks to be uncomfortable.

What's in your closet?

I see a lot of fellers wearing those skinny jeans these days. And they cuff em up on the bottom of the legs. And they wear goofy looking shoes.

That's the dumbest looking shit I've ever seen. :gay:

lol. I grew up one of seven kids; six boys and countless cousins so didn't get any "new clothes" until I was about 16 yo; all clothes others had worn. Now of course mum was a fanatic washer; often doing the 2am shift in a subtropical location with lots of clothesline so cleanliness was not a problem. We learned to wear what was clean and fitted. In fact when I was given some new clothes and when I bought my own I found them uncomfortable until I washed them a few times. I still wash them half a dozen times before I wear them for any period of time.

So what is in my wardrobe now? Workshirts aplenty; dual pockets light cotton short sleeved. Some good show shirts I rarely wear(weddings/funerals/baptisms etc), several suits(Hugo Boss to more mundane styles but good quality), several winter jackets with several suitable for "cold" weather, and several drawers of work-shorts, garden shorts and T-shirts, polo shirts and the like. I have one drawer of ties and "dress" stuff...cufflinks etc. But I am rarely out of work shirts and cargo-style shorts.

Shoes? Quite a few but mostly sneakers; helps cushion the knees. I am also loath to throw away anything hence I even have my old basketball shoes. Also bicycle helmets and water thingies. Charity shops are my friends.......lol

PS: I will spend a small fortune on clothes for my daughters but I HATE spending more than a few bucks on clothes for me.

Oh; and my pipe. TOBACCO ONLY and even that I haven't tried for about four years.

Greg

Last edited:

I tend to dress in jeans or cargo shorts and work shirts like Dickies or Carhartt button downs. I usually wear sneakers or slip on shoes and I don't own a suit or a pair of dress shoes.

I don't think I've bought a new shirt in 2 years or maybe more. I just don't see the need.

all my clothes take up 3 drawers in the dresser and I only own 4 pairs of shoes one of those is a pair of winter boots.

I just hate spending money on clothes and I never wear anything my wife buys for me because I find the clothes she picks to be uncomfortable.

What's in your closet?

I learned one thing early off: Never let your wife pick your clothes...

BaaTnKhl2CP-png__700.jpg

I wear flip-flops, shorts and Hawaiian shirts when I am off work. Florida is a great place for those who prefer to dress casual. I have a few pairs of long pants that will last me the rest of my life because I rarely wear them.

lol. I grew up one of seven kids; six boys and countless cousins so didn't get any "new clothes" until I was about 16 yo; all clothes others had worn. Now of course mum was a fanatic washer; often doing the 2am shift in a subtropical location with lots of clothesline so cleanliness was not a problem. We learned to wear what was clean and fitted. In fact when I was given some new clothes and when I bought my own I found them uncomfortable until I washed them a few times. I still wash them half a dozen times before I wear them for any period of time.

Kind of the same here. I was the oldest of nine kids.

And still didn't get anything new. lol. Well maybe some cheep bobo sneakers. Everything came from the thrift store.

It wasn't until I was old enough to get a job that I was able to buy new clothes.

It was the late 80's at least, so clothes were cool back then. That's back when Levi's jeans were actually quality jeans and were cut right.

Kind of the same here. I was the oldest of nine kids.

And still didn't get anything new. lol. Well maybe some cheep bobo sneakers. Everything came from the thrift store.

It wasn't until I was old enough to get a job that I was able to buy new clothes.

It was the late 80's at least, so clothes were cool back then. That's back when Levi's jeans were actually quality jeans and were cut right.
I was born in the fifties so all our clothes were "everlastings"..........

Greg

What's in your closet?
Everything from tac boots to Armani.

I learned one thing early off: Never let your wife pick your clothes...

BaaTnKhl2CP-png__700.jpg
Man you got that right. My Mrs. shopped a couple times for me (I didn't request). She showed up one time with a pair of white pants.

"I found these...thought you might like em"

Who the fuck not named Ricardo Montalban wears white pants in public?

I told her..." I didn't know I was on the PGA Tour"

I'm a pasty, speckled mick and she buys me white pants?

Jesus.

Man you got that right. My Mrs. shopped a couple times for me (I didn't request). She showed up one time with a pair of white pants.

"I found these...thought you might like em"

Who the fuck not named Ricardo Montalban wears white pants in public?

I told her..." I didn't know I was on the PGA Tour"

I'm a pasty, speckled mick and she buys me white pants?

Jesus.

First thing I would have have done would have been put on the white pants, go out to the garage, jack up the car, and change the oil, getting it all over them.

Then walk back in the house with oil-stained white pants and say "ooops."

But then, that's why I'm working on my third wife, so don't take my advice.

:auiqs.jpg:

What's in your closet?
If what people buy you can't be accepted for whatever reason, you have a right to say something about it and if your honesty and straight forwardness doesn't sit well with them, maybe you are not the problem.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I wear flip-flops, shorts and Hawaiian shirts when I am off work. Florida is a great place for those who prefer to dress casual. I have a few pairs of long pants that will last me the rest of my life because I rarely wear them.

I'm also in Florida, but I wear jeans and t-shirts with combat/work boots when I'm off work. Then again, I try not to go outside too much. :lol:

Been married 41 years now and I’m happy to say that I haven’t had to shop for clothes in all those years.

Been married 41 years now and I’m happy to say that I haven’t had to shop for clothes in all those years.
I wouldn't call what i do shopping for clothes.

I just replace an item that is no longer wearable with the exact same thing.

Green Carhartt shirt beyond repair. Get online and buy another just like it.

I wouldn't call what i do shopping for clothes.

I just replace an item that is no longer wearable with the exact same thing.

Green Carhartt shirt beyond repair. Get online and buy another just like it.

Same here: Black jeans and either brown or OD green t-shirt with pocket, from Walmart. Dark-colored hoodie and leather jacket in the winter, and Goodwill-bought Hawaiian shirt in Summer, to cover my pistol.

Except the t-shirts at Walmart seem to be in faggy colors now: Fruity shades of green, and they never seem to have brown shirts.

Forum List

Back