Melissa-Harris Perry Cries During On-Air Apology to Romney Family

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
This is the first time that I actually believe a Liberal's apology.

Melissa-Harris Perry Cries During On-Air Apology to Romney Family | NewsBusters

As NewsBusters previously reported, MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry and a panel of comedians last weekend senselessly mocked a picture of former Governor Mitt Romney’s family because it included his adopted black grandson.

Although she’s already apologized on Twitter, Harris-Perry began her show Saturday with a heartfelt apology much of the time fighting through a lump in her throat and tears

MELISSA HARRIS-PERRY: Good morning. I'm Melissa Harris-Perry. We have a lot of news and politics to discuss this morning. Before we get to that, I'm going to start with an apology.

Last Sunday, we invited a panel of comedians for a year in review program. It's what we call our look back in laughter. But in one of the segments, we looked at a number of photos that caught our attention over the course of the year. In that segment, I asked my guests to provide kind of off the cuff ideas for captions of the photos that we were seeing. Among the images we aired was one of the Romney family that showed Governor Mitt Romney's grandchildren, including his adopted grandson, who's African-American.

Now given my own family history, I identify with that picture and I intended to say positive and celebratory things about it, but whatever the intent was, the reality is that the segment proceeded in a way that was offensive. And showing the photo in that context, that segment, was poor judgment.

So without reservation or qualification, I apologize to the Romney family. Adults who enter into public life implicitly consent to having less privacy. But their families, and especially their children, should not be treated callously or thoughtlessly. My intention was not malicious, but I broke the ground rule that families are off-limits, and for that I am sorry.

Also, allow me to apologize to other families formed through transracial adoption, because I am deeply sorry that we suggested that interracial families are in any way funny or deserving of ridicule. On this program we are dedicated to advocating for a wide diversity of families. It is one of our core principles, and I am reminded that when we are doing so, it must always be with the utmost respect.

We're generally appreciative of everyone who offered serious criticisms of last Sunday's program, and I am reminded that our fiercest critics can sometimes be our best teachers.

Video at link.

I was critical of her apology on Twitter thinking no one will read it just read about it.
My feeling was she made the comments on her show she should have done it there.
Well it looks like she did.

I don't really care too much for her or her show but she did the right thing and she did it at the right place.

I just don't get that crowd over at that network.
They always seen to do stuff they know they will have to apologize for later on.
Comments and editing videos.On and on it goes.

I was critical of her apology on Twitter thinking no one will read it just read about it.

I don't really care too much for her or her show but she did the right thing and she did it at the right place.

They always seen to do stuff they know they will have to apologize for later on.

why was she crying

that is the 64 dollar question

was it because of the empathy she has for such situations

(which was not apparent the day of the show)

or

did the bigwigs upstairs say you make a formal apology

otherwise the door for you

waaaaaa fake

I still won't watch her brand of hate

Shun that station people

She let out the inner liberal and now is sorry for doing so. I wonder if her job was threatened. No one makes callous comments like that without that being their true feelings. I do assume though she is sorry for letting those feeling out.

She let out the inner liberal and now is sorry for doing so. I wonder if her job was threatened. No one makes callous comments like that without that being their true feelings. I do assume though she is sorry for letting those feeling out.

frankly it looks like she was surprised

that most people do not take to her

form of racism

The dudes up-stairs sent word down: "Apologize the next time you are on camera or get the fuck out!"
She was crying b/c she is watching the one and only chance she'll ever get to have her own TV show or it's back to being a radical LIB teacher watching her students pick their noses slipping away. One more racist Black bitch stumble where she shows how deep her racial hatred is and she's down the road......The very best part is she knows it.

Last edited:
Put her and Paula Dean and her on a TV interview with a split screen and see who could cry the most and best through the interview for prizes and gifts.

I agree, however after watching the video and listening to her apology, my own eyes watered. :crybaby: Tense times, all are under.

And the classy and dignified Mitt Romney accepted her apology.

Romney accepts MSNBC apology - POLITICO.com

Mitt Romney said Sunday that he's forgiven MSNBC after a host and other panelists on the network made comments about his adopted black grandchild.

Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," the former Republican presidential candidate said he accepted the apology of MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry, who a day earlier offered an emotional on-air walk-back.

"I think people recognize, and the folks at MSNBC who have apologized recognize, people like me are fair targets: If you get in the political game, you can expect incoming," he said. "For children, that's beyond the line. I think they understand that and feel that as well. I think it's a heartfelt apology, and I think for that reason we hold no ill will whatsoever."

EDIT: Just went back through these posts and found this link above to already have been posted. Good things though, can often be duplicated? AquaAthena

Last edited:
I'm pretty tired of everyone having to apologize especially in light of all the bullshit Limbaugh, Palin, most all teaparty members spew day in and day out. Everybody just needs to calm down.

She had comedians on that day and although crude, it was kind of funny. A lot of members of my family are medical professionals and they have the most crude sense of humor known to mankind.

This is getting to the point of just political faux outrage.

Her apology was sincere and Mitt Romney graciously accepted it.

Still, I see this as yet another nail in the coffin at MSNBC.....

Alec "rage-a-holic" Baldwin wants to know if he cries can he get his show back? ?

Keith "the worst person in the world" Olbermann wants to know if any adults are in charge there? ?

.....how soon before the entire network is dead, like Air America? The wheels are falling off the bus in the liberal echo chamber...

:rofl:

melisa was that baby.

she was raised by a moran family that adopted a black child.

one of these things is not like the other.

She was speaking about herself as well as that babies life.

Maybe she has more things to teach the robmoney family too.

If they care enough to listen some more.

Good for robmoney accepting her apology.

someday his grandchild will read what Perry said

Her apology was sincere and Mitt Romney graciously accepted it.

Still, I see this as yet another nail in the coffin at MSNBC.....

Alec "rage-a-holic" Baldwin wants to know if he cries can he get his show back? ?

Keith "the worst person in the world" Olbermann wants to know if any adults are in charge there? ?

.....how soon before the entire network is dead, like Air America? The wheels are falling off the bus in the liberal echo chamber...

:rofl:

in your dreams

reality come no where near your braincase huh

Forum List

Back