Melania Sarees: A DC Comics Political Cartoon [SNL?]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a First Lady (Melania Trump) political cartoon about capitalism-marketing inspired by the films Pret-a-Porter and Bulworth.

It's a capitalism-critique, so I didn't want to post it in the Writing section, so please allow this 'insertion.'

Cheers (signing off),

batcave8.jpg

====

Melania Trump, the US First Lady, was in Japan looking at a grain-company and laborers working on harvesting grains for barley and hops for beers. She wore an authentic Westernized Japanese sweater-dress and was complimented by the Japanese factory-manager. Melania began thinking about the value of fashion/commerce in modern capitalism and started daydreaming about endorsing a saree-store/chain in the USA.

batcave7.jpg

An Internet-blogging self-proclaimed 'vigilante' and 'democracy-defender' named Ajay Satan, an Algerian-American with a mother from India, was planning to open a saree store in Times Square using the money from his princely inheritance. Ajay wanted multicultural fashions to complements his blogs about democracy, pluralism, media, and censorship. An actress friend of Ajay's named Isabel decided to help him manage this Times Square saree store, and Ajay was thrilled. Now, Melania was about to cross paths with these two 'capitalism diplomats.'

batcave3.jpg

Ajay was a fan of comic books, and Isabel liked Ajay's political-cartoons about the First Lady meeting the Marvel Comics super-heroine Squirrel-Girl, a messenger of Earth and naturalism. Ajay and Isabel decided to make Squirrel-Girl their saree store 'mascot' and when the First Lady discovered this, she became even more interested in this saree enterprise. Melania wanted to endorse the Ajay/Isabel saree-store on Facebook/Twitter for consumerism-propaganda in TrumpUSA.

batcave4.jpg

Ajay found saree fabrics, materials, designs, and full outfits from all over India, Nepal, and Pakistan (but mostly India). He wanted his Times Square saree store to represent a modern consumerism interest in culture-exchange, and Isabel helped him design all the interior Squirrel-Girl logos/aesthetics. The store was called India Toga. It became very popular, and the First Lady visited the store on an episode of Saturday Night Live [SNL] and Isabel gave her a gift-sculpture of Squirrel-Girl. Melania tweeted, "Suddenly, thanks to commerce, I'm very interested in saree-fashions!"

batcave5.JPG

India Toga became quite a smash on Times Square, and Ajay's uncle invited him and Isabel to go lion-hunting in Africa the following summer. While in Africa, Ajay and Isabel married and decided that India Toga would be to modern consumerism what Chrysler or IBM was to early stages of American consumerism podiums --- a statement about lifestyle and capitalism-rhetoric. Ajay wondered if pluralism-optimism would be enough to catalyze true commercial intelligence.

batcave1.jpg

Ajay began writing blogs presenting himself as the DC Comics superhero Batman, a masked urban vigilante who tackled criminally-insane terrorists in the hope of defending democracy in a fictional place called Gotham City. Ajay wrote, "Batman upheld commercial contracts in Gotham so pedestrians felt generally safer celebrating capitalism under TrumpUSA." Ajay's Batman blogs about TrumpUSA capitalism gained some attention, and celebrity Leo DiCaprio wanted to chat with him, since he was planning a new film about the DC Comics super-villain (and nemesis of Batman!) named the 'Joker.' Ajay agreed to offer some 'Batman-advice' for Leo's Joker project.

batcave2.jpg

AJAY: So you like my Batman blogs?
LEO: It's interesting for capitalism-critiques.
AJAY: So tell me about your Joker film...
LEO: I'll portray the maniac in a film about capitalism-mayhem.
AJAY: Aha, so an 'artsy' film about commercial frailties in TrumpUSA?
LEO: Exactly! I'm excited about it; I want to use your Batman ideas.
AJAY: You mean Batman as a diplomat of commerce/traffic?
LEO: Yes, and the imagination that a multicultural business enhances democracy.
AJAY: Like my saree store in NYC?
LEO: Yes, you and Isabel have done well with that.
AJAY: Well, tell me more about your Joker film, Leo!
LEO: The Joker I portray starts out as a Yale professor named Jack...
AJAY: Aha...
LEO: ...and then he meets a psychiatrist named Harleen...
AJAY: Hmm...
LEO: ...soon Jack and Harleen decided to become Joker and Harley Quinn!
AJAY: Joker and 'Harley Quinn'?
LEO: They're lovers/sidekicks in a world of capitalism-terrorism.
AJAY: Intriguing; so you want my saree-store to make some kind of 'cameo.'
LEO: Yes! Would that interest you (and Isabel), Ajay?
AJAY: I'm intrigued, Leo; well, I don't want my store to be blown up, though.
LEO: Don't worry, man; we'll take the marketing precautions to make the story 'safe.'

====

:4_13_65:

{Joker & Harley Quinn}

batcave6.jpg

Forum List

Back