Mel arrested for DUI Suspicion

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
I hope he's okay:

Mel Gibson was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in Malibu, Calif. early this morning for suspicion of DUI. Bail was set at $5,000.

He was pulled over on the Pacific Coast Highway and a Breathalyzer test was administered. The arrest report lists the time of arrest as 2:36AM and the time booked as 4:06AM.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Country Sheriff's Department told TMZ, "Mel Gibson was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was released later this morning. The investigation was still ongoing, just like it would be with any other person."

Calls to Gibson's rep were not immediately returned.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/exclusive-mel-gibson-busted-for-dui/

Goes to show he's "human" - OMG!! he's falible! wow... what a shock..

-Cp said:
I hope he's okay:

Mel Gibson was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in Malibu, Calif. early this morning for suspicion of DUI. Bail was set at $5,000.

He was pulled over on the Pacific Coast Highway and a Breathalyzer test was administered. The arrest report lists the time of arrest as 2:36AM and the time booked as 4:06AM.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Country Sheriff's Department told TMZ, "Mel Gibson was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was released later this morning. The investigation was still ongoing, just like it would be with any other person."

Calls to Gibson's rep were not immediately returned.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/exclusive-mel-gibson-busted-for-dui/

They gave him a breathalizer... so either he was drunk or he wasn't.

I hate it when they say things like "arrested for SUSPICION". Suspicion my ass. What did the breathalizer say? That should eliminate any "suspicion".

Pale Rider said:
They gave him a breathalizer... so either he was drunk or he wasn't.

I hate it when they say things like "arrested for SUSPICION". Suspicion my ass. What did the breathalizer say? That should eliminate any "suspicion".

Yeah, and HOW was he released? On bond/OR, or just turned loose?

Why these rich posers don't just use a driver when they go out drinking is totally beyond me. It shows that they think they are different than the rest.

Mr.Conley said:
No, not Mel Gibson. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I don't recall him ever claiming to be a saint, but rather has been very vocal about his past with drinking..

Nienna said:
Cp... Change your avatar! My husband likes it WAY too much! :bat:

Well then you'll just have to go give him a "personal demonstration" of how those bounce...:p

No more information than is there, it might be nothing. You can have a beer and fail a breathalizer if it's given soon enough thereafter.

I clicked on the link to 'explosive new', not so good:

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-anti-semitic-tirade-alleged-cover-up/

Mel gives cops hell

Report: Drunken Gibson threatens officer in rant

BY MICHELLE CARUSO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Mel Gibson
LOS ANGELES - A blitzed Mel Gibson launched into an obscenity-laced tirade when he was busted on suspicion of drunken driving early yesterday, threatening an officer and making anti-Semitic and sexually abusive remarks, according to a police report.

The "Passion of the Christ" director repeatedly said, "My life is f----d," according to the report by Los Angeles County Deputy James Mee, which was obtained by TMZ.com. The celebrity news Web site posted excerpts of the handwritten report.

Gibson, 50, was pulled over for speeding at 3:10 a.m. on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, Calif., cops said. The Oscar-winning "Braveheart" star and director was driving 80 mph when he was snared by a radar trap, sheriff's deputies said. The speed limit in that area is 45 mph to 55 mph.

Gibson failed both alcohol breath and field sobriety tests, deputies said. His blood-alcohol level was .12, Deputy Anthony Moore said. The legal limit is .08 in California.

According to the incident report obtained by TMZ.com, the Road Warrior embarked on a belligerent, anti-Semitic outburst when he realized he had been busted.

"F-----g Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," Mee's report quotes him as saying.

"Are you a Jew?" Gibson asked the deputy, according to the report.

The actor also berated the deputy, threatening, "You motherf----r. I'm going to f--- you," according to Mee's report.

The actor also told the cop he "owns Malibu" and would spend all his money "to get even with me," Mee said in his report.

TMZ quoted a law enforcement source as saying Gibson noticed a female sergeant on the scene and yelled at her, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar t--s?"

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing of the incident, but higher-ups in the sheriff's department felt it was too "inflammatory" to release and would merely serve to incite "Jewish hatred," TMZ said.

Reached for comment on TMZ's report last night, Deputy Moore said the department would neither deny nor confirm its content. He could offer no explanation for why Mee's report was withheld from reporters.

Gibson rep Alan Neirob could not be reached for comment last night.

Earlier, when asked about the arrest, his assistant said in an e-mailed statement, "At this time we don't have any information on this matter but are checking into it."

A devout Catholic, Gibson has been dogged by allegations of anti-Semitism - which he has steadfastly denied - since his 2004 film "The Passion of the Christ," about the crucifixion of Jesus.

Once known as a Hollywood bad boy, the Aussie-raised Gibson was known to down five beers before breakfast at his partying peak. But Gibson has said he gave up drinking in the 1980s at the urging of Tina Turner, his co-star in "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome."

Gibson was previously busted for driving under the influence in 1984. In that case, he ran a red light and struck another car in Toronto while filming "Mrs. Soffel" with Diane Keaton. He pleaded guilty and was fined $240.

After yesterday's bust, Gibson was booked at the Lost Hills sheriff's station at 4:06 a.m. The father of seven spent a few hours in the lockup before being released on $5,000 bail at 9:45 a.m., sheriff's deputies said.

His case will be further investigated and sent to the district attorney's office for review. No court date has been set.

The sheriff's department has previously released mug shots of other stars arrested for drunken driving, including actress Kim Delaney in 2002, but Gibson's booking photo "was not available," according to department spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Sheriff Lee Baca personally ordered Gibson's mug kept under wraps, a deputy told the Daily News.

The California Highway Patrol, which has busted stars including Nick Nolte and former "Growing Pains" cutie Tracey Gold for DUI, routinely releases stars' mug shots, no matter how unflattering.

Originally published on July 29, 2006

Looks like ol' Mel has gone right round the bend.

Here's a question: Will he be forgiven as quickly as Robert Downey Jr., Ozzy Ozbourne and his family, the Kennedy's, etc. if he goes public with his problems and says he's getting help?

Please note: If true, I find Mel Gibson's comments inexcusabley disgusting and this incident would drastically alter my previous opinions about him...however...I'm curious to see how the media treats him...will the MSM give him a pass like they have done for so many liberal celebrities? Or will they "crucify" him? (Pun very much intended)

Gem said:

Here's a question: Will he be forgiven as quickly as Robert Downey Jr., Ozzy Ozbourne and his family, the Kennedy's, etc. if he goes public with his problems and says he's getting help?

Please note: If true, I find Mel Gibson's comments inexcusabley disgusting and this incident would drastically alter my previous opinions about him...however...I'm curious to see how the media treats him...will the MSM give him a pass like they have done for so many liberal celebrities? Or will they "crucify" him? (Pun very much intended)
I wonder similarly. I remember when they said the Passion of Christ was anti-semetic, I didn't buy into that. This is very different and puts the previous charges in new light.

Having watched The Passion...I feel very strongly that even if Gibson is the most anti-semetic man on the planet, it didn't really transfer to the film.

Perhaps I'm wrong...but speaking as someone who saw the film for the first time in the theater with two Jewish friends who said the same thing...I really didn't have a problem with the movie.

Gem said:

Racist comments are sometimes seen in a different light than simply using drugs or having sexual misadventures. I think he would just get a pass if it were only the DUI, but these statements might bite him in the ass. Incidentally Errol Flynn was also a drunk, anti-Semite and more, and prone to making these kinds of bonehead comments. Still Flynn and Gibson are both great actors. Gibson may have trouble because he kind of set himself up to be more than just an actor. He is a spokesman for various religious causes and issues. As such he has more responsibility than someone who just plays roles for cash. When these actors (left or right) thrust themselves into leadership roles they should realize added responsibility comes with the territory.

My personal opinion? Not really a big deal, everybody does stupid shit sometimes.

Nuc said:
Why these rich posers don't just use a driver when they go out drinking is totally beyond me. It shows that they think they are different than the rest.

I wouldn't say different, exactly. More like just as dumb as all the others who drink and drive thinking they're ok to drive.

Still, like he doesn't have money for a taxi. :bs1:

Said1 said:
I wouldn't say different, exactly. More like just as dumb as all the others who drink and drive thinking they're ok to drive.

Still, like he doesn't have money for a taxi. :bs1:

Also where are his FRIENDS when he decides to do this? I just took my buddy's keys away from him a few weeks ago and got him a hotel room. Doesn't Mel Gibson have friends looking out for him?

New Topics

Forum List

Back