Meirs supoenaed

lol. So the bottom line here is, fire all the attorneys like Clinton did instead of picking which ones you think are bad.

lol. So the bottom line here is, fire all the attorneys like Clinton did instead of picking which ones you think are bad.

*sigh* b-o-r-i-n-g! Already been gone over ad nauseum. Traditionally they all have submitted their resignations to incoming presidents. They didn't do that when Clinton was elected, hence their being fired.

But what DIDN'T happen is that Clinton didn't fire them for not pursuing the "party's" agenda since once they are in office, they're supposed to be apolitical.

• Banned
come on Gunny you know facts have a liberal bias.

I have already shown you how this has never been done before.

Now I could go through every firing and present the facts to you but you would just say it wasnt facts and it menas nothing.

It becomes very tiring to hear Nu uh and an arguement.

I know you guys get very creative in the ways you say it but in the end that is all it is.

I’m starting to dislike the Bush’s cabinet but I am getting somewhat tired of this Gonzales investigation. He might have done something unethical – though I think that such is even a stretch. In all practicality, people can basically fire anyone at any time for any reason. Also the attorney general serves under the president. He is going to do what he thinks that the president wants him to do. He is going to serve the president. Okay. Perhaps he behaved too much in a partisan way. Maybe he fired people who were investigating things that made the president look bad. Was the firing illegal – yes or no? If the answer is “No”, then let us say that he still should not have fired them in such a partisan and selective way and MOVE ON. There are certainly more important issues that the congress should be resolving.

I’m starting to dislike the Bush’s cabinet but I am getting somewhat tired of this Gonzales investigation. He might have done something unethical – though I think that such is even a stretch. In all practicality, people can basically fire anyone at any time for any reason. Also the attorney general serves under the president. He is going to do what he thinks that the president wants him to do. He is going to serve the president. Okay. Perhaps he behaved too much in a partisan way. Maybe he fired people who were investigating things that made the president look bad. Was the firing illegal – yes or no? If the answer is “No”, then let us say that he still should not have fired them in such a partisan and selective way and MOVE ON. There are certainly more important issues that the congress should be resolving.
but what if the answer is ''YES'' matt?

but what if the answer is ''YES'' matt?

Then throw him in jail. Yet, I doubt that it is illegal for an attorney general to fire whoever he wants to fire for whatever reason. I think that by now congress would have learned if the firing was illegal. It seems as if congress is just dragging this on for political reasons and that they have nothing concrete with which to nail him for a crime...unless he committed perjury or a similar small offence (for which he should be sentenced if he is found guilty). Anyway, if even federal employees commit crimes, they should be punished under the law. I guess that I’m just surprised at how long this investigation is taking.

Now I could go through every firing and present the facts to you but you would just say it wasnt facts and it menas nothing.

I know you guys get very creative in the ways you say it but in the end that is all it is.

Deflection.

Your statement about theHawk:

Dont bother him with facts he never uses them anyway.

Provide evidence to support your accusation.

You have shown nothing except that you are a partisan hack, on a fishing expedition, trying to make something out of nothing.

I hope that Meirs doesn't say anything to congress that would fuck up Bush's chances to nominate her to the Supreme Court again if and when a vacancy comes up. She IS so clearly well qualified.:rofl:

I have to admit I was wondering what the Hell he was thinking when he did THAT.

I would suggest that the little pissant thinks so little of our constitution that he would carelessly appoint an obviously unqualified crony..... but I imagine you would take issue with that assessment.

I would suggest that the little pissant thinks so little of our constitution that he would carelessly appoint an obviously unqualified crony..... but I imagine you would take issue with that assessment.

Naw, I expect that was a Rove move. She was probably canon fodder for the process to set an initial low bar for GWB nominations, and later she could be pulled and legitimate candidates like Roberts and Scalia could be put forth looking all the better in comparison to Miers.

I could always be wrong though....

Naw, I expect that was a Rove move. She was probably canon fodder for the process to set an initial low bar for GWB nominations, and later she could be pulled and legitimate candidates like Roberts and Scalia could be put forth looking all the better in comparison to Miers.

I could always be wrong though....

I know what you're saying, but that's borderline paranoid :cool:

Excuse me sir. But why is it against the law or such a big deal to fire prosecuters. They fired one republican, and one prosecutor from san diego, who believe me, she should have been fired, carole lamb.
why do you say this about carole lamb? she had one of the highest ratings for successes out there according to all, one of the best prosecutors around!!!???

Forum List

Back