Megyn Kelly accuses Trump social media director of inciting online abuse

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
Journalist Megyn Kelly, who is under armed guard after receiving death threats, has accused Donald Trump’s social media director of stirring hatred on the internet.

The Fox News host urged Dan Scavino, a member of the presidential transition team’s leadership staff, to stop encouraging hostile and abusive elements online.

“The vast majority of Donald Trump supporters are not at all this way,” Kelly told an audience in Washington. “It’s that far corner of the internet that really enjoys nastiness and threats and unfortunately there is a man who works for Donald Trump whose job it is to stir these people up and that man needs to stop doing that. His name is Dan Scavino.”

Scavino was director of social media for Trump’s bitterly divisive election campaign. He is devoutly loyal to the billionaire businessman who reportedly first spotted him as a 16-year-old cleaning golf clubs,got him to caddie and eventually promoted him to general manager at one of his courses. Now in his 40s, Scavino has speculated that he might become the White House photographer or run its Twitter account.

He and Kelly have clashed in public before. In October, after a heated exchange between the presenter and Trump ally Newt Gingrich, Scavino issued an ominous tweet: “Megyn Kelly made a total fool out of herself tonight – attacking Donald Trump. Watch what happens to her after this election is over.”

Scavino did not reply to a request for comment from the Guardian.

Members of the audience at Monday’s night’s event, organised by the Politics and Prose bookshop, were required to undergo body and bag searches by security staff.

Kelly said: “The worst part is the security threats that I’ve had to face and, as much as I try to avoid some of that online vitriol, I get lots of it and I really hate it. I find that stuff just soul-killing.”

The journalist has had an up and down history with Trump. She recalled that she had been “friendly” with the New York property tycoon until August last year when she aired allegations about his divorce from Ivana Trump.

She said Trump raged at her over the phone, quoting him as saying: “You’re a disgrace! You ought to be ashamed of yourself! You’re a disgrace! I almost unleashed my beautiful Twitter account against you and I still may.”

Read rest: Megyn Kelly accuses Trump social media director of inciting online abuse
----------------------

Is the the kind of shit journalists have to look forward to under the fascist Trump administration?

Hey Meghayn, nothing you say or do can affect working taxpayer. You don't matter, dead or alive.

Trump can affect our future. You tried to trash him 1st debate. you thought you would make it a HS pep rally with you as center head Cheerleader. No thanks. You're not hot!

You thought 70mil tuned in to see how smart you think you are? Shorten your questions too! No better than Chick Toad! Go to the View.

Last edited:
Meghayn "Great To See U" Kelly needs to close her Twitter account and commence writing another inspirational book! :p

ahhh poor Meg . Can't feel to bad for her . Chickens come home to roost !

Forum List

Back