Meghan Markle talking publicly about her miscarriage shows what a sad state of affairs we're in

This is something that should remain private and the burden of the woman who experiences it. Talking about it in public or even with her loved ones is a selfish act. Her husband shouldn't have to deal with her failure to do her duty as a woman/wife. I do not understand why women feel like they have share every detail of their life? How is there no shame in discussing such personal matters? I know if I failed at being a man, then I wouldn't be going online to talk about it.

She did not fail. She miscarried. This is the sort of shit that has been put on women for too long.

Women who miscarry often need to talk about it. To heal. To move forward. To have had a life growing inside you, often having felt it move, and then lose that life is devastating enough without some asshole claiming she failed to do her duty as a woman/wife.

A little compassion goes a long way.
Sorry old bubby; going "public" is not a great idea. I know of no-one who has anything but sympathy for the loss of a child through miscarriage. It is a sad event in the life of a COUPLE...something often forgotten. But a PUBLIC airing? Sorry; it is a PRIVATE matter and the grief is personal.

Greg

Well, for starters the OP obviously has no sympathy. In fact, he blamed her for not doing her duty.

Most women who miscarry probably don't make it a public issue. But many do suffer in silence. I am not talking about being stopped on the street and told about it. Just talking with people you know. Or just listening for a bit.
Sounds to me this nobody who married a prince wants to start her own reality show. Might sell well in Old Blighty too, but aren't we dumbed down enough already?

This is something that should remain private and the burden of the woman who experiences it. Talking about it in public or even with her loved ones is a selfish act. Her husband shouldn't have to deal with her failure to do her duty as a woman/wife. I do not understand why women feel like they have share every detail of their life? How is there no shame in discussing such personal matters? I know if I failed at being a man, then I wouldn't be going online to talk about it.

Everyone has a right to talk about their personal experiences. Right-wingers seem to have a thing about preventing people who have had bad experiences, whether due to the operation of nature or the evil acts of fellow humans, from talking about them. When a person shares an awful experience like Meghan Markle did, it encourages others who have had the same experience to come out and speak up about their feelings. It is cathartic. There is nothing selfish or shameful about it.

What is wrong with right-wingers that they want so many things hushed up and swept under the rug?
How exactly does one make this a political issue?
“Right wingers think xyz”.... do you know how mentally unbalanced you sound? You come across like one of those giant douches who can’t discuss anything without making it into a political squabble.
“Hey lyistrata, you tried wendy’s 4 for 4? It’s not bad”
“I haven’t yet. But I bet republicans hate it, because it’s a good deal and poor people can afford a full meal for 4 bucks, and Republicans hate that”
“Uhh, ok champ. See you later”

Just allow everyone to tell whatever story they have to tell, without disparaging them or trying to shut them up, which seems to be what "conservative" right-wingers try to do all of the time, and what the OP wants to do. He deliberately insulted her and her gender, just for speaking out about a matter that has affected one hell of a lot of people. Today everything is a "political" matter, and why not? What is your bizarre "dialogue" about, anyway? It's incomprehensible.
I got the sense that the OP was being facetious. If not, I think his “opinion” was pretty dick. Having a miscarriage isn’t “failing at being a woman”, IMO.
As for making things political as you did, I think that’s retarded. Someone having a shitty belief or opinion is universal. To try and link it to the opposing group and practically say it’s universal is nonsense.
And my example was demonstrating such stupidity. I think we’ve all met people like my example. In this case, you are being that person.

And absolutely no one is obligated to listen

True. No one is obligated to listen to anything at all. But trying to shut someone up and insulting that person is reprehensible.

Sorry old buddy; going "public" is not a great idea. I know of no-one who has anything but sympathy for the loss of a child through miscarriage. It is a sad event in the life of a COUPLE...something often forgotten. But a PUBLIC airing? Sorry; it is a PRIVATE matter and the grief is personal.
I really think it is a PRIVATE matter. Going public suggests an agenda of some sort;

I don't see why you have a problem with people going public with their grief or anger. It doesn't have to be a miscarriage. It could be an experience as a victim of a crime, an experience of discrimination, the loss of a loved one in the various "ethnic cleansing" episodes that seem to have occurred over the centuries and up to the present time or surviving such an event, it could be anything. You can't turn on your TV without seeing people talking about their grief at losing a loved one to Covid-19 and maybe not having been able to be with this person during his or her final hours. Whether there is an "agenda" or not is immaterial.

BTW: I can't think of what an "agenda" a person would have in talking about having a miscarriage. Even if she says that she suspects that some outside force caused it like exposure to a chemical, which she did not, she still would have the right to speak.

And absolutely no one is obligated to listen

True. No one is obligated to listen to anything at all. But trying to shut someone up and insulting that person is reprehensible.

Sorry old buddy; going "public" is not a great idea. I know of no-one who has anything but sympathy for the loss of a child through miscarriage. It is a sad event in the life of a COUPLE...something often forgotten. But a PUBLIC airing? Sorry; it is a PRIVATE matter and the grief is personal.
I really think it is a PRIVATE matter. Going public suggests an agenda of some sort;

I don't see why you have a problem with people going public with their grief or anger. It doesn't have to be a miscarriage. It could be an experience as a victim of a crime, an experience of discrimination, the loss of a loved one in the various "ethnic cleansing" episodes that seem to have occurred over the centuries and up to the present time or surviving such an event, it could be anything. You can't turn on your TV without seeing people talking about their grief at losing a loved one to Covid-19 and maybe not having been able to be with this person during his or her final hours. Whether there is an "agenda" or not is immaterial.

BTW: I can't think of what an "agenda" a person would have in talking about having a miscarriage. Even if she says that she suspects that some outside force caused it like exposure to a chemical, which she did not, she still would have the right to speak.
The "Right to speak" I will defend every time; the content? I respond to it as I like. Public comments by Meg on her loss just beg the question; why?? If she is going to get behind efforts to fund research into reducing the number of miscarriages then so be it; time will tell. Public comments may not be the best place to deal with such personal losses.

Greg

I honestly don't have much of a problem with it. . . but I do see a bit of a hypocrisy with society encouraging "hyper-femininity," as something that is positive and good, something that society can encourage, but then turn around and shame men for the expression of their manhood, and demonize so-called, "hyper-masculinity."

It is a toxic and divisive atmosphere, and it should stop immediately. It is causing harm to society and social bonds. It is causing demonstrable inequality.

countering feminism.jpg

Everyone has a right to talk about their personal experiences.

And absolutely no one is obligated to listen.

No, we are not obligated. But, as I said to the OP, compassion goes a long way.

If you take a little time to listen, you may feel like you wasted an hour of your time. You may feel uncomfortable with her grief. And you may not enjoy it.

But what you give to her, by listening, may be invaluable to her as she processes her grief.

Her making her own failings public by discussing them is infringing on my rights. No, I don't have to read or listen to her (I will not), but I should also have freedom to NOT HAVE THE OPTION to listen to her if I wanted (I do not want to). Her making it public is violation of my civil liberties to not have things I don't want to hear/see/read accessible to me.

If you take a little time to listen, you may feel like you wasted an hour of your time. You may feel uncomfortable with her grief. And you may not enjoy it.

But what you give to her, by listening, may be invaluable to her as she processes her grief.

Her making her own failings public by discussing them is infringing on my rights. No, I don't have to read or listen to her (I will not), but I should also have freedom to NOT HAVE THE OPTION to listen to her if I wanted (I do not want to). Her making it public is violation of my civil liberties to not have things I don't want to hear/see/read accessible to me.

It is rare even in these times to find bullshit piled as high as you have piled it. It is not a violation of your civil liberties in any way for anyone to put something out in public as everyone has a right to free speech. The rights of others are not restricted by your individual tastes. You have the option of turning it off and not paying attention. I use my remote control when someone I don't like or don't want to listen to comes on.

It is odd and odious to describe a miscarriage as a personal "failure," in any event. This couple already has a healthy child. It is obvious that they wanted another, but the Supreme Being, Mother Nature, whatever you want to call it, apparently had other plans, as has been true throughout human history. Thing just happen. I just got off the phone with one of my cousins, who is the only survivor out of the five pregnancies that my aunt and her husband started, so he grew up an only child. Walk through any graveyard that has existed for hundreds of years and read the gravestones. How many children died so young that they never had a chance.

First of all, a miscarriage is not "...her own failing...". To claim such is both medical ignorance and being an asshole.

As for your rights, they are not violated in ANY way by her discussing them. No one is forcing you to listen. Your rights do not include never being exposed to anything you don't like. Learn to deal with that.

People shouldn't be allowed to say things I do not like to hear. This is the end of the discussion because there is nothing further to discuss.

Do not @ me.

Apparently you have no idea what your rights are. The idea that everyone else is restricted by what you do or don't want to hear is laughable.

As far as this being the end of the discussion, you are welcome to leave or ignore the discussion. You don't get to decide.

Last edited:
These youngins' need to learn to clam up. Nobody needs to hear her stories. She should keep that talk to her friends and family. These kids put too much of their business in the street.

People shouldn't be allowed to say things I do not like to hear. This is the end of the discussion because there is nothing further to discuss.

Do not @ me.

Apparently you have no idea what your rights are. The idea that everyone else is restricted by what you do or don't want to hear is laughable.

As far as this being the end of the discussion, you are welcome to leave or ignore the discussion. You don't get to decide.

And good riddance. There is a bizarre notion among some folks today that no one can do anything without their personal approval. They are the final judges. I have no idea where this outlandish notion came from. Good grief. We even have to listen to trump everyday being angry because he feels that the election that he lost was rigged. I just reach for the remote.

Flogging a dead horse alert:

The duchess of whatever describes this unfortunate event as the loss of her "child."

And yet, as an "American," had she run on down to the local Planned Parenthood clinic and gotten an abortion, the "Child" would not exist - would not ever have existed. It would have been the removal of "tissue." A "choice," having no more legal or moral import than having a bunion removed from one's toe.

By what logic do "we" suppose that a "child" becomes "tissue" based on the intentions of it's "host" or "mother," or whatever she is called? It's one or the other, and no amount of wishing and hoping can fundamentally change what it is. Manifestly it is a child. I am with the Duchess on this. Completely.

And no amount of sophistry will convince me that it is merely "tissue."

These youngins' need to learn to clam up. Nobody needs to hear her stories. She should keep that talk to her friends and family. These kids put too much of their business in the street.

Funny that so many want their rights, but don't mind taking them away from others.

People are free to speak. You are free to ignore them.

Funny that so many want their rights, but don't mind taking them away from others.

People are free to speak. You are free to ignore them.
How do you twist that into me taking someones rights? She shot her big mouth off and I said she was stupid to do that. She has every right to make herself look like an asshole as far as I'm concerned.

To have had a life growing inside you, often having felt it move,
and then lose that life is devastating enough
Oh please, fucking spare me

How can a female be devastated over losing the unborn child growing inside her
that she could feel, even see, moving inside her...and why should I feel compassion for her
when she defends and supports killing the unborn as a right

I wonder if her devastation over the life lost which was a part of her
extends to the lives that have been sucked out with a vacuum
or had surgical scissors thrust in the back of their neck to snip their spinal cord

Fuck her

that she could feel, even see, moving inside her...and why should I feel compassion for her

or had surgical scissors thrust in the back of their neck to snip their spinal cord

Fuck her

Just to be clear, Markle had a miscarriage, not an abortion.

I'll spare you of you promise to figure out the facts.

Fuck her

Just to be clear, I know a miscarriage from an abortion
I don't need to figure out the facts...I have 3 kids and miscarried myself

An unwanted life isn't less precious just because you can dispose of it,
that life is more precious because they were disposed of like fucking trash

Fuck her

You had a miscarriage also? Is this where I call you a poor fucking crybaby?

Damn, you are ruthless.

Fuck her

But this was not an unwanted life. This life was very much wanted.

And the topic is not abortion. It is miscarriage and the ridiculous notion that Meghan Markle has "failed in her duty as a wife".

Forum List

Back