Meghan Markle talking publicly about her miscarriage shows what a sad state of affairs we're in

JuvenalsCat

Gold Member
May 28, 2020
This is something that should remain private and the burden of the woman who experiences it. Talking about it in public or even with her loved ones is a selfish act. Her husband shouldn't have to deal with her failure to do her duty as a woman/wife. I do not understand why women feel like they have share every detail of their life? How is there no shame in discussing such personal matters? I know if I failed at being a man, then I wouldn't be going online to talk about it.

This is something that should remain private and the burden of the woman who experiences it. Talking about it in public or even with her loved ones is a selfish act. Her husband shouldn't have to deal with her failure to do her duty as a woman/wife. I do not understand why women feel like they have share every detail of their life? How is there no shame in discussing such personal matters? I know if I failed at being a man, then I wouldn't be going online to talk about it.

She did not fail. She miscarried. This is the sort of shit that has been put on women for too long.

Women who miscarry often need to talk about it. To heal. To move forward. To have had a life growing inside you, often having felt it move, and then lose that life is devastating enough without some asshole claiming she failed to do her duty as a woman/wife.

A little compassion goes a long way.

1606346164886.png

Everyone has a right to talk about their personal experiences. Right-wingers seem to have a thing about preventing people who have had bad experiences, whether due to the operation of nature or the evil acts of fellow humans, from talking about them. When a person shares an awful experience like Meghan Markle did, it encourages others who have had the same experience to come out and speak up about their feelings. It is cathartic. There is nothing selfish or shameful about it.

What is wrong with right-wingers that they want so many things hushed up and swept under the rug?

Everyone has a right to talk about their personal experiences. Right-wingers seem to have a thing about preventing people who have had bad experiences, whether due to the operation of nature or the evil acts of fellow humans, from talking about them. When a person shares an awful experience like Meghan Markle did, it encourages others who have had the same experience to come out and speak up about their feelings. It is cathartic. There is nothing selfish or shameful about it.

What is wrong with right-wingers that they want so many things hushed up and swept under the rug?
she's a jackass racist

How exactly does one make this a political issue?
“Right wingers think xyz”.... do you know how mentally unbalanced you sound? You come across like one of those giant douches who can’t discuss anything without making it into a political squabble.
“Hey lyistrata, you tried wendy’s 4 for 4? It’s not bad”
“I haven’t yet. But I bet republicans hate it, because it’s a good deal and poor people can afford a full meal for 4 bucks, and Republicans hate that”
“Uhh, ok champ. See you later”

How exactly does one make this a political issue?
“Right wingers think xyz”.... do you know how mentally unbalanced you sound? You come across like one of those giant douches who can’t discuss anything without making it into a political squabble.
“Hey lyistrata, you tried wendy’s 4 for 4? It’s not bad”
“I haven’t yet. But I bet republicans hate it, because it’s a good deal and poor people can afford a full meal for 4 bucks, and Republicans hate that”
“Uhh, ok champ. See you later”

Just allow everyone to tell whatever story they have to tell, without disparaging them or trying to shut them up, which seems to be what "conservative" right-wingers try to do all of the time, and what the OP wants to do. He deliberately insulted her and her gender, just for speaking out about a matter that has affected one hell of a lot of people. Today everything is a "political" matter, and why not? What is your bizarre "dialogue" about, anyway? It's incomprehensible.

It's only a problem if you click on the links, watch the videos, read the story, google her name.....don't go looking for stuff that will keep you up at night.

This is something that should remain private and the burden of the woman who experiences it.
Abortion. With or without the woman's properly informed consent.
Talking about it in public or even with her loved ones is a selfish act
Confession is good for the soul.
Her husband shouldn't have to deal with her failure to do her duty as a woman/wife
It is a bad situation for a man. A child-killer may have eased the way in her own conscience to be a manslayer and a wealthy heir to the crown on her own — under new "women's rights" rules of succession passed by Parliament — if that really is the case.

Shape-shifting reptilians. But we knew that already by July 4, 1776.

Everyone has a right to talk about their personal experiences.

And absolutely no one is obligated to listen.

No, we are not obligated. But, as I said to the OP, compassion goes a long way.

If you take a little time to listen, you may feel like you wasted an hour of your time. You may feel uncomfortable with her grief. And you may not enjoy it.

But what you give to her, by listening, may be invaluable to her as she processes her grief.

I have no idea why anyone would care, outside of her immediate family.

She did not fail. She miscarried. This is the sort of shit that has been put on women for too long.

Women who miscarry often need to talk about it. To heal. To move forward. To have had a life growing inside you, often having felt it move, and then lose that life is devastating enough without some asshole claiming she failed to do her duty as a woman/wife.

Sorry old buddy; going "public" is not a great idea. I know of no-one who has anything but sympathy for the loss of a child through miscarriage. It is a sad event in the life of a COUPLE...something often forgotten. But a PUBLIC airing? Sorry; it is a PRIVATE matter and the grief is personal.

Greg

Last edited:

Sorry old bubby; going "public" is not a great idea. I know of no-one who has anything but sympathy for the loss of a child through miscarriage. It is a sad event in the life of a COUPLE...something often forgotten. But a PUBLIC airing? Sorry; it is a PRIVATE matter and the grief is personal.

Greg

Well, for starters the OP obviously has no sympathy. In fact, he blamed her for not doing her duty.

Most women who miscarry probably don't make it a public issue. But many do suffer in silence. I am not talking about being stopped on the street and told about it. Just talking with people you know. Or just listening for a bit.

Everyone has a right to talk about their personal experiences.

And absolutely no one is obligated to listen.

No, we are not obligated. But, as I said to the OP, compassion goes a long way.

If you take a little time to listen, you may feel like you wasted an hour of your time. You may feel uncomfortable with her grief. And you may not enjoy it.

But what you give to her, by listening, may be invaluable to her as she processes her grief.

One listens, cries and goes through the stages of grief; NOT in public!!! Why would ME listening who she doesn't even know exists have any bearing on her at all?? Did she listen to when I lost TWO?? Of course not. Neither did YOU you callous bastard!!! (see how that works); there is something else at play with Markle and frankly I don't have ANY involvement in it whatever...nor should I....

Greg

Sorry old bubby; going "public" is not a great idea. I know of no-one who has anything but sympathy for the loss of a child through miscarriage. It is a sad event in the life of a COUPLE...something often forgotten. But a PUBLIC airing? Sorry; it is a PRIVATE matter and the grief is personal.

Greg

Well, for starters the OP obviously has no sympathy. In fact, he blamed her for not doing her duty.

Most women who miscarry probably don't make it a public issue. But many do suffer in silence. I am not talking about being stopped on the street and told about it. Just talking with people you know. Or just listening for a bit.

Meh; I have no sympathy for the OP either; sounds a tad callous....but I really think it is a PRIVATE matter. Going public suggests an agenda of some sort; I'm a cynical old bugger!!!

Greg

"I know if I failed at being a man, then I wouldn't be going online to talk about it."

Yet here you are doing exactly that.

Greg

It is a shared grief with the partner; that is as it should be. Immediate family.....even then only in a non-intrusive manner. I didn't even know that my own mother lost three out of ten until I was over forty. My Dad was her rock.

Greg

Greg

Meh; I have no sympathy for the OP either; sounds a tad callous....but I really think it is a PRIVATE matter. Going public suggests an agenda of some sort; I'm a cynical old bugger!!!

Greg

He fails the woke test but manhood; not at ll. Just a bit ticked off at a possible "agenda".........and no; I DON'T see miscarriage as a failure of womanhood OR duty. It is one of life's hard knocks. Life goes on.

Greg

New Topics

Forum List

Back