Megachurches Still Packing Them In!

Bruce Daniels

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2020
Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.

Hey everyone dies and if you believe then it is all good. All that matters is what you believe cause in the end (current life) it really doesn't matter

What would you say the odds are that someone in your family was born on the same day with the only difference being the year. At least three times and maybe even more

I'm a very active Christian, and my church, and most of our sister churches haven't congregated in the sanctuary for two weeks now.

The so-called churches that are going about flouting the facts at this late hour, aren't really Christian, they're radical.

Hey everyone dies and if you believe then it is all good. All that matters is what you believe cause in the end (current life) it really doesn't matter

What would you say the odds are that someone in your family was born on the same day with the only difference being the year. At least three times and maybe even more
Your post is pretty incoherent, but I guess you're ready to die, huh? This life is nothing, the next life is everything? You're an idiot.

Your post is pretty incoherent, but I guess you're ready to die, huh? This life is nothing, the next life is everything? You're an idiot.

Wow my post is pretty incoherent

Quote - but I guess you're ready to die, huh? This life is nothing, the next life is everything? You're an idiot.

Repeat that to yourself and let me know what you think but then again never mind

I'm a very active Christian, and my church, and most of our sister churches haven't congregated in the sanctuary for two weeks now.

The so-called churches that are going about flouting the facts at this late hour, aren't really Christian, they're radical.
You know, this kind of thing has been a problem for Christians right from the very beginning, with heretics, apostates, and blasphemers. If you're the Truth, why can't you agree about what the Truth IS???

Did you ever notice that GERMS aren't mentioned in the Bible? Why is that?
No, but I'm curious to know your theory on that.
My theory is simple: ancient people had no idea that germs exist. They had no microscopes, and they had no concept of a germ-caused disease. They thought that diseases were caused by the wrath of the gods, or bad humors, or evil spirits, or some other malevolent agency. So they had to come up with some other explanation, but it was wrong.

Wow my post is pretty incoherent

Quote - but I guess you're ready to die, huh? This life is nothing, the next life is everything? You're an idiot.

Repeat that to yourself and let me know what you think but then again never mind
Another fairly incoherent post.

Another fairly incoherent post.
There is a certain fatalistic logic he is using, that you either dont grasp or dont want to.

He is saying that we all die, but we have to prepare our souls for the next life, and not let fear of death in this life deter us from it.

I do not endorse fatalism, myself, but one thing is true; when we die is not nearly as important as how we live, and Christians that choose to risk death to go to church is not an unusual thing at all..

Been doing it since the Roman Colloseum.

From the OP articles:

Pastor Spell told local news outlet NBC15 earlier this month that he didn’t believe his congregation was in danger of infection. “It’s not a concern,” he said. “The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says.” The church did not respond to request for comment.

The River Church in Tampa, Florida, also held services this Sunday. Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne posted a livestream of the services on YouTube, showing the sizable crowd. Howard-Browne said attendees were practicing “social distancing, or whatever” though the crowd appeared to be dense.

“We are not a non-essential service,” Howard-Browne said during the service. “You’re probably going to get infected at some other place, not here.”

This guy is a fruit cake.

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.

Probably my least favorite part of this entire mess is Virus-Shaming

Shut up and let people live their lives, and you live yours

Good to see we still have freedom of religion in America.
And the freedom to infect everyone around you! Yes!

It seems you have very little imagination for this sort of thing but let me clue you in: this is exactly how your freedom is taken, and mine. I mean not that anyone cares about that anymore, right? But still. YOU can't congregate in groups ever anymore, because my neighbor's sister's niece is immuno-compromised, and viruses get around, and it's DANGEROUS

Congrats for being part of the big problem: whipping us into a nation of window-peeping Gestapos. Hope you're proud

Probably my least favorite part of this entire mess is Virus-Shaming

Shut up and let people live their lives, and you live yours

C Clayton dislikes this because it wants to shame you and tell you how to live your life

But then we all know this. It's what Leftists love best. Honest to goodness, this is the truth: part of what I love best about my evangelical Christian church life is ESCAPING the judgment and shaming.

I am being absolutely 100% honest. Evangelicals are nothing compared to the 21st century Leftist. Nothing

It seems you have very little imagination for this sort of thing but let me clue you in: this is exactly how your freedom is taken, and mine. I mean not that anyone cares about that anymore, right? But still. YOU can't congregate in groups ever anymore, because my neighbor's sister's niece is immuno-compromised, and viruses get around, and it's DANGEROUS

Congrats for being part of the big problem: whipping us into a nation of window-peeping Gestapos. Hope you're proud
When the history of this is studied, future generations will be astonished at the reckless, irresponsible stupidity exhibited by most conservatives.

When the history of this is studied, future generations will be astonished at the reckless, irresponsible stupidity exhibited by most conservatives.

The fact that YOU have the Bill of Rights as your signature is probably the most hideously ironic thing on this entire website.

And that, believe me, is saying something

Forum List

Back