Medicare fix would push health care into the red

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
i'm absolutely stunned that the pols in washington would lie about healthcare costs...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Congressional budget scorekeepers say a Medicare fix that Democrats included in earlier versions of their health care bill would push it into the red.

The Congressional Budget Office said Friday that rolling back a programmed cut in Medicare fees to doctors would cost $208 billion over 10 years. If added back to the health care overhaul bill, it would wipe out all the deficit reduction, leaving the legislation $59 billion in the red.

Medicare fix would push health care into the red - Yahoo! Finance
shocker, i know.

they've waived this cut every year since its inception, and seemingly are planning to make the waiver permanent if the fiasco of a healthcare **reform** bill is passed.

Ah, no wonder when Bret Baier asked about this all Obama could do was blame the previous administration . . . and not answer the question.

The Congressional Budget Office said Friday that rolling back a programmed cut in Medicare fees to doctors would cost $208 billion over 10 years. If added back to the health care overhaul bill, it would wipe out all the deficit reduction, leaving the legislation $59 billion in the red.

That is a scheduled 21% reduction in physician reimbursement.

I wonder if our staff would also like a 21% cut in pay. Maybe pay 21% less on rent. Deduct 21% off of medical school loans.

i'm absolutely stunned that the pols in washington would lie about helthcare costs...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Congressional budget scorekeepers say a Medicare fix that Democrats included in earlier versions of their health care bill would push it into the red.

shocker, i know.

they've waived this cut every year since its inception, and seemingly are planning to make the waiver permanent if the fiasco of a healthcare **reform** bill is passed.

Medicare is ALREADY in Red ink--has been for years--MEDICADE is in Red ink--has been for decades.

Now we are to believe that adding another 30 million people to these programs (REDUCES THE DEFICIT)

You would have to be a REAL Moron to believe that one--but hey 52 million morons voted for Obama--:lol::lol:

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Now 12.4 trillion (without healthcare)

Another one to add to my growing list of crazy threads that will start before the bill passes. Thanks, and keep them coming.

Another one to add to my growing list of crazy threads that will start before the bill passes. Thanks, and keep them coming.

O.K. Dittohead--Instead of your continual one-liners statements. Let's see if you can answer this one.

All along this bill is to cut 500 BILLION dollars out of Medicare--for their SAVINGS. Now with your superior BRILLANCE explain how that happens with MILLIONS of baby-boomers--(still the largest generation in U.S. history) now entering Medicare--& whom will continue to do it for the next 15 years---:::lol:

You know--sometimes--instead of listening to politicians give campaign speeches--it's much better to actually GROW a BRAIN.

i'm absolutely stunned that the pols in washington would lie about helthcare costs...

shocker, i know.

They are planning the Docs fix. It just won't be in this HC boondoogle. It will be seperate so the CBO doesnt' have to figure it in with the HC Stats.

Just smoke and mirrors as that 250 billion will still be paid for by us taxpayers.

I wonder if our staff would also like a 21% cut in pay. Maybe pay 21% less on rent. Deduct 21% off of medical school loans.

21% less xotoxi? :D

Look Bin Ladin is in the corner and hes going to GET you!

That always worked for Bush to distract you idiots when he ran up the deficit.

Your right Bin ladin wasnt in the corner.

But I think most people on here are smart enough to realize it was a joke.

If you mistook it for a statement of fact then I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

The second line is completely true though.

O.K. Dittohead--Instead of your continual one-liners statements. Let's see if you can answer this one.

All along this bill is to cut 500 BILLION dollars out of Medicare--for their SAVINGS. Now with your superior BRILLANCE explain how that happens with MILLIONS of baby-boomers--(still the largest generation in U.S. history) now entering Medicare--& whom will continue to do it for the next 15 years---:::lol:

You know--sometimes--instead of listening to politicians give campaign speeches--it's much better to actually GROW a BRAIN.

Also note they now say 'Medicare cuts' rather than 'cuts in waste and fraud in Medicare'.

21% less xotoxi? :D

There'd still be a lot of me.

If this Health Care Reform Bill blows up in Obama's face tomorrow and doesn't get passed, I wonder who he will blame it on. Bush is long gone. He can't blame him...:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back