Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
VP Debate:

“It’s a plan I put together with a prominent Democrat senator from Oregon.”

— Ryan

“There’s not one Democrat who endorses it.”

— Biden

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cenKQ.png

71157_54787697857_3851406_q.jpg

Senator Ron Wyden

The Vice President is right, Romney/Ryan moved the goal post on Medicare and I strongly oppose their plan because I believe it hurts seniors. The Romney/Ryan plan raises the age of eligibility and repeals the ACA leaving millions of seniors with no health coverage. The Romney/Ryan plan on Medicare pulls the safety net out from under the poorest and most vulnerable seniors, taking away the opportunity for nursing home care from seniors who need it and have no other options.

The Wyden-Ryan white paper strengthened the safety net for these dual eligibles. The Romney/Ryan version shreds it. The republican ticket knows that neither I, nor any other Democrat, would support these policies.

The Romney/Ryan plan on Medicare is further proof that Mitt Romney is singularly unfit to end gridlock and bring bipartisan solutions to Washington.

https://www.facebook.com/wyden/posts/10151123887502858

I never gave anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
Harry S. Truman

Shocking! A dem changed his mind!

Unbelievable!

Image that, a politician who is not a dogmatic zealot and changes their opinion when the facts are discovered...

Proof that pig head republican voters want dogmatic pig head republican politicians.. They wonder why the party is losing support.. :lol:

Unbelievable!

Image that, a politician who is not a dogmatic zealot and changes their opinion when the facts are discovered...

Proof that pig head republican voters want dogmatic pig head republican politicians.. They wonder why the party is losing support.. :lol:

ah yes, a Democrat changing their minds is noble, Republicans who do are accused of being flip floppers...we know the game..

Do they really think people don't notice the double standard?

Answer..yes, yes they do. They really think they're that sneaky.

Unbelievable!

ah yes, a Democrat changing their minds is noble, Republicans who do are accused of being flip floppers...we know the game..

No Steph, Republicans who change their minds and speak out are removed from the party. Ask David Frum and Bruce Bartlett...

David Frum and the Closing of the Conservative Mind
25 Mar 2010
Posted by Bruce Bartlett

As some readers of this blog may know, I was fired by a right wing think tank called the National Center for Policy Analysis in 2005 for writing a book critical of George W. Bush's policies, especially his support for Medicare Part D. In the years since, I have lost a great many friends and been shunned by conservative society in Washington, DC.

Now the same thing has happened to David Frum, who has been fired by the American Enterprise Institute. I don't know all the details, but I presume that his Waterloo post on Sunday condemning Republicans for failing to work with Democrats on healthcare reform was the final straw.

Since, he is no longer affiliated with AEI, I feel free to say publicly something he told me in private a few months ago. He asked if I had noticed any comments by AEI "scholars" on the subject of health care reform. I said no and he said that was because they had been ordered not to speak to the media because they agreed with too much of what Obama was trying to do.

It saddened me to hear this. I have always hoped that my experience was unique. But now I see that I was just the first to suffer from a closing of the conservative mind. Rigid conformity is being enforced, no dissent is allowed, and the conservative brain will slowly shrivel into dementia if it hasn't already.

Sadly, there is no place for David and me to go. The donor community is only interested in financing organizations that parrot the party line, such as the one recently established by McCain economic adviser Doug Holtz-Eakin.

I will have more to say on this topic later. But I wanted to say that this is a black day for what passes for a conservative movement, scholarship, and the once-respected AEI.

VP Debate:

— Ryan

— Biden

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cenKQ.png

Senator Ron Wyden

The Vice President is right, Romney/Ryan moved the goal post on Medicare and I strongly oppose their plan because I believe it hurts seniors. The Romney/Ryan plan raises the age of eligibility and repeals the ACA leaving millions of seniors with no health coverage. The Romney/Ryan plan on Medicare pulls the safety net out from under the poorest and most vulnerable seniors, taking away the opportunity for nursing home care from seniors who need it and have no other options.

The Wyden-Ryan white paper strengthened the safety net for these dual eligibles. The Romney/Ryan version shreds it. The republican ticket knows that neither I, nor any other Democrat, would support these policies.

The Romney/Ryan plan on Medicare is further proof that Mitt Romney is singularly unfit to end gridlock and bring bipartisan solutions to Washington.

Harry S. Truman

Let me get this straight, when Biden said that no Democrats support Ryan's version of Medicare he is right because 1 Democrat doesn't support the Democratic talking points of the Romney/Ryan plan.

Sorry, still sounds like a lie to me.

sigh, you are completely useless, i mean why are you even here? Seriously lunch lady why are you here talking politics? You are not even a good partisan. You add nothing, and do nothing for your side. It seems you are just here to root for your team,, bash the left, and blow off anything that makes your side look bad. You take normal politic actions as if they are OMG how dare they( and its not just you, its all these new people who don't know the system.)

Seriously why are you even here?

Last edited:

Unbelievable!

Haaaaaaaaacccccckkkk!

If "I" change my mind, I've come to a reasoned conclusion, if "You" change your mind, your a liar and a flip-flopper.

Got the memo.

VP Debate:

— Ryan

— Biden

cenKQ.png

Senator Ron Wyden

Harry S. Truman

Let me get this straight, when Biden said that no Democrats support Ryan's version of Medicare he is right because 1 Democrat doesn't support the Democratic talking points of the Romney/Ryan plan.

Sorry, still sounds like a lie to me.
no that wasnt the point moron. The point was that Ryan claimed he had a democrat on his side from Oregon in an effort to show he was bi-Partisan. Biden called him on that stating that the Oregon guy now disagrees with Ryan's plan and is off the bill.

The OP linked to the actual senators Facebook showing that biden was correct and stating Ryan's plan no longer worked for him and thus no bi-partisan support.

Im not sure how you could completely miss the whole point of the OP outside of you just being stupid and attempting to make this into an argument about something else. Which you typically do.

Unbelievable!

Haaaaaaaaacccccckkkk!

If "I" change my mind, I've come to a reasoned conclusion, if "You" change your mind, your a liar and a flip-flopper.

Got the memo.

thats not a flip flop.

Im for abortion.
Im against abortion.

Thats a flip flop.

Stating that you no longer support a bill because of Provisions someone adds in is not a flipflop.

They are not the samething, they never will be.

Forum List

Back