Medicare and private insurance should not pay for unvaccinated who get Covid

50 years ago when I was in nursing school, my infectious diseases teacher told us all that there would come a day when a disease would wipe out most of the people on the planet. I believe we are seeing the beginning of this. I do not fear death. I say this merely to inform you but this is a real possibility. Please take care. Thanks, Stan.
I certain believe we should take precautions and take the vaccine but there is nothing so far to support the belief that this virus will wipe humans off the earth. However, a significant reduction in human life on earth would do wonders for the environment and global warming and maybe the remainder of humanity would learn from our mistakes and do a better job.

Insurance pays and smokers develop lung cancer, insurance pays when alcoholics develop cirrhosis, insurance pays when motorcyclists who did not wear helmets get into an accident and have severe brain trauma. Excetera, excetera, things are not going to change with covid.
It's not COVID that's changing things. It's socializing health care. If everyone's health care is drawn from the same "pool", we all have a vested interest in our neighbors' health habits.

I certain believe we should take precautions and take the vaccine but there is nothing so far to support the belief that this virus will wipe humans off the earth. However, a significant reduction in human life on earth would do wonders for the environment and global warming and maybe the remainder of humanity would learn from our mistakes and do a better job.
You are correct. The virus is mother nature's way of thinning the herd. The many pandemics in the past have wiped out millions and high %'s of the world population If we did not mitigate the virus it would kill multiple millions of Americans before herd immunity kicks in.
The majority of those killed would be older American. The majority of entitlements go to older Americans. The biggest contributor to our debt is entitlements.

That could explain the Republican's actions that provide blocks to controlling the virus. If enough people die, it could eliminate the deficit.

You are correct. The virus is mother nature's way of thinning the herd. The many pandemics in the past have wiped out millions and high %'s of the world population If we did not mitigate the virus it would kill multiple millions of Americans before herd immunity kicks in.
The majority of those killed would be older American. The majority of entitlements go to older Americans. The biggest contributor to our debt is entitlements.

That could explain the Republican's actions that provide blocks to controlling the virus. If enough people die, it could eliminate the deficit.
Since there is no way we are going to allow nature to run it's course, future generations are going to endure a lot of bad shit, political upheaval, environmental disasters, and violent social changes.

I do believe if we fuck with Mother Nature enough there will be a price to pay and it will be high. Our ability to rectify environmental problems within our own back yard is limited and when that becomes global; well I'm glad I won't be around then

You do realize over 3 million people in this country die on average every year. How many COVID deaths were unhealthy people with pre-existing conditions?
Covid is on track to be the leading cause of death (630,000).

Heart disease is the current leading cause of death in the US (659,041)

You DO pay for the uninsured illegal aliens, and pay dearly.
Given their age and income, the average cost of providing an ACA subsidy for an illegal immigrant would be about $4,600 each year.

deaths were unhealthy people with pre-existing conditions?
You do realize over 3 million people in this country die on average every year. How many COVID deaths were unhealthy people with pre-existing conditions?
Probably almost all of them because 81% percent of the people that die in the US die from multiple causes and most Covid deaths are over 75.

Medicare and private insurance should not pay for unvaccinated who get Covid.
Why should the government or all of us, through higher insurance rates, pay for the stupidity of the unvaccinated.
If you do not want to get vaccinated, fine, but pay your medical expenses if you get Covid.

Question Elmer:

Should we pay for your heart attacks, blood clots, advanced cancers and auto-immune diseases from the vaccines?

The current understanding on IgG4 is a bomb--a terrible one.

For the record: I say yes, of course. We pay for healthcare for the stupidity of people all the time

Question Elmer:

Should we pay for your heart attacks, blood clots, advanced cancers and auto-immune diseases from the vaccines?

The current understanding on IgG4 is a bomb--a terrible one.

For the record: I say yes, of course. We pay for healthcare for the stupidity of people all the time
And only here in America do we keep paying double or more for sub-standard health care because we don't have comprehensive health care.

Medicare and private insurance should not pay for unvaccinated who get Covid.
Why should the government or all of us, through higher insurance rates, pay for the stupidity of the unvaccinated.
If you do not want to get vaccinated, fine, but pay your medical expenses if you get Covid.
Wingnuts like this are another reason to keep medical treatment out of government control.

Anyway, you think that Medicare and private insurance should only pay for Covid treatment for the vaccinated, correct?

That doesn't sound stupid at all, does it?

Completely normal and common question these days - "Did you get covid before or after you got vaccinated?"

Completely normal and common response - "Both. Actually had it twice since I got vaccinated."

58% of Covid deaths this year were vaccinated people.
And most of those were under-vaccinated. I just got my improved booster that is " still " effective against even the newer variants. If I had been tested beforehand to see where my antibodies were at, I'm sure they would have been low. Given my advanced age and vulnerability, my doctor suggests I keep getting the booster at least every 6 months for the best protection. He sees no end to this given the nature of modern life.

Forum List

Back