What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medicare and private insurance should not pay for unvaccinated who get Covid

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
50 years ago when I was in nursing school, my infectious diseases teacher told us all that there would come a day when a disease would wipe out most of the people on the planet. I believe we are seeing the beginning of this. I do not fear death. I say this merely to inform you but this is a real possibility. Please take care. Thanks, Stan.
I certain believe we should take precautions and take the vaccine but there is nothing so far to support the belief that this virus will wipe humans off the earth. However, a significant reduction in human life on earth would do wonders for the environment and global warming and maybe the remainder of humanity would learn from our mistakes and do a better job.

dblack

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If YOU want to pay for MY health insurance, THEN you can dictate it's points and features.
Until then..........
Even if they pay for it, I don't want government dictating how I attend to my health care.

Last edited:

dblack

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Insurance pays and smokers develop lung cancer, insurance pays when alcoholics develop cirrhosis, insurance pays when motorcyclists who did not wear helmets get into an accident and have severe brain trauma. Excetera, excetera, things are not going to change with covid.
It's not COVID that's changing things. It's socializing health care. If everyone's health care is drawn from the same "pool", we all have a vested interest in our neighbors' health habits.

OP
ElmerMudd

ElmerMudd

Gold Member
Reaction score
I certain believe we should take precautions and take the vaccine but there is nothing so far to support the belief that this virus will wipe humans off the earth. However, a significant reduction in human life on earth would do wonders for the environment and global warming and maybe the remainder of humanity would learn from our mistakes and do a better job.
You are correct. The virus is mother nature's way of thinning the herd. The many pandemics in the past have wiped out millions and high %'s of the world population If we did not mitigate the virus it would kill multiple millions of Americans before herd immunity kicks in.
The majority of those killed would be older American. The majority of entitlements go to older Americans. The biggest contributor to our debt is entitlements.

That could explain the Republican's actions that provide blocks to controlling the virus. If enough people die, it could eliminate the deficit.

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct. The virus is mother nature's way of thinning the herd. The many pandemics in the past have wiped out millions and high %'s of the world population If we did not mitigate the virus it would kill multiple millions of Americans before herd immunity kicks in.
The majority of those killed would be older American. The majority of entitlements go to older Americans. The biggest contributor to our debt is entitlements.

That could explain the Republican's actions that provide blocks to controlling the virus. If enough people die, it could eliminate the deficit.
Since there is no way we are going to allow nature to run it's course, future generations are going to endure a lot of bad shit, political upheaval, environmental disasters, and violent social changes.

I do believe if we fuck with Mother Nature enough there will be a price to pay and it will be high. Our ability to rectify environmental problems within our own back yard is limited and when that becomes global; well I'm glad I won't be around then

danielpalos

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You do realize over 3 million people in this country die on average every year. How many COVID deaths were unhealthy people with pre-existing conditions?
Covid is on track to be the leading cause of death (630,000).

Heart disease is the current leading cause of death in the US (659,041)

danielpalos

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You DO pay for the uninsured illegal aliens, and pay dearly.
Given their age and income, the average cost of providing an ACA subsidy for an illegal immigrant would be about $4,600 each year.

dblack

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
deaths were unhealthy people with pre-existing conditions?
You do realize over 3 million people in this country die on average every year. How many COVID deaths were unhealthy people with pre-existing conditions?
Probably almost all of them because 81% percent of the people that die in the US die from multiple causes and most Covid deaths are over 75.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$201.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List