Media's Trump Obsession Has Crossed Over To The Clinical.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
This article was written two years ago. Nothing has changed. If anything, the situation has worsened.

Media Bias. The mainstream liberal press may have had a "slobbering love affair" with President Obama (as CBS News veteran Bernard Goldberg once aptly put it.)

But they're absolutely obsessed with President Trump. Data compiled by Real Clear Politics shows just how bad this Trump obsession is.

A fascinating article, "Measuring the Media's Obsession With Trump," looked at the percentage of airtime the three main cable networks — CNN, MSNBC and Fox News — devoted each day to stories about Trump.

The author, Kalev Leetaru, then compared that to the share devoted to Obama over the past nine years.

Trump Obsession Measured
The findings are striking.

This article was written two years ago. Nothing has changed. If anything, the situation has worsened.

Media Bias. The mainstream liberal press may have had a "slobbering love affair" with President Obama (as CBS News veteran Bernard Goldberg once aptly put it.)

But they're absolutely obsessed with President Trump. Data compiled by Real Clear Politics shows just how bad this Trump obsession is.

A fascinating article, "Measuring the Media's Obsession With Trump," looked at the percentage of airtime the three main cable networks — CNN, MSNBC and Fox News — devoted each day to stories about Trump.

The author, Kalev Leetaru, then compared that to the share devoted to Obama over the past nine years.

Trump Obsession Measured
The findings are striking.

The Media always covers for and defends totally corrupt Democrats like Obama and the Clintons.
Obama is the most corrupt president in American history.
The Press always attacks GOP politicians.
They are undermining our democracy with their dishonesty.
It's not really about policy.
It is about culture.
It is because of the Left Wing's hatred for mainstream society, the middle class, suburbanites, traditional families, Christians, midwesterners, southerners, wasps, devout Catholics, patriots, LEOs.....

What do you expect when every other day brings a new outrage? Trump's twitter rants alone generate massive attention. Then there's the bottom of the barrel charlatans he has surrounded himself with. The aim of most of their actions is to generate a steady stream of "liberal tears" for their sadistic followers. They cannot go a day without doing something to stir up shit.

rump's twitter rants alone generate massive attention

No one has to pay massive attention, if they don’t want to.
He's the president. What he says on any issue matters.

It’s not necessary to have frothing reactions.

Simply disagreeing would suffice.
Not sure what you want here. The press is not going to just ignore what the president does especially when it is unusual, surprising or potentially unconstitutional.

• Banned
rump's twitter rants alone generate massive attention

No one has to pay massive attention, if they don’t want to.
He's the president. What he says on any issue matters.

It’s not necessary to have frothing reactions.

Simply disagreeing would suffice.
Not sure what you want here. The press is not going to just ignore what the president does especially when it is unusual, surprising or potentially unconstitutional.

The way it’s reported, the use of manipulative language for a start.

Not sure what you want here

I don’t want anything. It annoyed me that you said that.
Well good, I hope you are annoyed. That's Trump's answer to America when we take issue with his often incomprehensible actions. Are you familiar with the "man bites dog" concept of news reporting? Doing weird unusual things is a surefire way to get in the papers. If the president is doing what he is expected to do it barely makes the news.

Well good, I hope you are annoyed. That's Trump's answer to America when we take issue with his often incomprehensible actions. Are you familiar with the "man bites dog" concept of news reporting? Doing weird unusual things is a surefire way to get in the papers. If the president is doing what he is expected to do it barely makes the news.

I’m not saying not to make the news. You are making faulty assumptions.

I’m not saying not to make the news. You are making faulty assumptions.
You seem to have an issue with the amount of media coverage Trump gets for being an unpredictable, unethical and unstable president. It's what the Trumpublicans wanted when they voted for him. Someone to vandalize everything he touched. Of course the media is going to cover one WTF? event after another.

Forum List

Back