Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears

Chip

Rookie
Mar 8, 2010
It was only a matter of time before these rabid "anti-vax" nutters started putting children besides their own at risk.

Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears : NPR

Of course the anti-vax people are usually the same ones ratcheting up the hysteria on the faux autism "epidemic" as a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy.

Anecdotally I've noted the radio ads run by propaganda mills such as Autism Speaks are broadcast by left-leaning stations. Seems that rampant paranoia and mistrust of government are not the sole purvey of the far right fringe.

People have forgotten how serious diseases like measles, chicken pox, and mumps are.

I had all three as a kid. I had a friend whose sister died of chicken pox. I still have scars from my bout with it. My niece was diagnosed with shingles when she was 18...a complication of childhood chicken pox.

It was only a matter of time before these rabid "anti-vax" nutters started putting children besides their own at risk.

Of course the anti-vax people are usually the same ones ratcheting up the hysteria on the faux autism "epidemic" as a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy.

Anecdotally I've noted the radio ads run by propaganda mills such as Autism Speaks are broadcast by left-leaning stations. Seems that rampant paranoia and mistrust of government are not the sole purvey of the far right fringe.

i can't say i'm surprised. it was only a matter of time.

and when it comes to people's fears about their kids, i think that crosses party lines.

i just know that my kid gets vaccinated. and i hope that people start paying more attention to the fact that vaccines have been excluded as a cause of autism.

and when it comes to people's fears about their kids, i think that crosses party lines.

i just know that my kid gets vaccinated. and i hope that people start paying more attention to the fact that vaccines have been excluded as a cause of autism.

by pharmaceutical companys

By several courts around the world actually.

no. NOT by pharmaceutical companies.

Vaccines don't do anything real. Because we all know, evolution is a lie.

So, conservatives should just stop giving their children vaccines, just to be on the safe side. Since evolution is a lie those vaccines won't do any good anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

When my son was first diagnosed with autism, I got hold of an admittedly old book on the subject. It said autism affected 1 in 25,000 people. Today it affects 1 in 166 or 1 in 150, depending on which study you are reading. Considering I have two son's with autism, I think the hysteria is warranted. Personally, I'd rather my son had had measles as a kid than autism his whole life.

I tell people today to wait until their kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. The higher ups in the Autism community, while praising the benefits of vaccines, it turns out, they wait until their own kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. It seems that a 3 year old can better deal with the side effects of the vaccines than an infant.

And what exactly do you mean by "faux" autism epidemic? You telling me my kids don't really have autism? What is it they have?

More kids are being diagnosed with it. The numbers that actually have it aren't increasing...drs are just more aware of it.

What a shame. Despite the autism link being debunked over and over again, this seems to be an urban legend that won't go away.

At the last minute, a rider was attached to the Patriot Act by a retiring congressman that protected Ely Lily, the makers of thermerosal from being sued specifically for causing autism. I can't think of one good reason for that rider except that thermerosl (mercury preservative) really does cause autism.

You watch you child growing up normally until he is two and 1/2, then have a battery of vaccines and turn into a completely different person and tell me there is no link. At 3 my son could talk, he could tell us his name, his age, etc. At 4, he couldn't even tell us his name.

As someone who's never had to deal with autism, it's so easy to make judgments. I love my son, but I believe he would rather have had to deal with those early childhood diseases than spend his life in diapers and not being able to even carry on a conversation.

More kids are being diagnosed with it. The numbers that actually have it aren't increasing...drs are just more aware of it.

Nonsense....the increase is too great to be a matter of misdiagnosing or even diagnosing other disorders as autism. 1 in 25,000 vs 1 in 150......that's a pretty big jump for being simply a matter of diagnoses.

btw, did you know that there was no autism in China until we sent our vaccines there?

Forum List

Back